Forum › Arknights!

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Norainhere posted:

Because doing proper Ifrit setup is much easier and is way more reliable. Still thanks, I appreciate that you don't think it was stupid.

Just watched some other people's strategies for MO-1 and yeah, I can kinda see what you mean lol. But still, coming up with your own strategies and winning with them on these hard levels is half the fun, so I don't think it's worth feeling bad about at all.

Yea. I mean I didn't check any guides on purpose and I'm incredibly happy I cleared all stages on my own (even if sometimes I was getting really frustrated when it seemed like I was almost there, but kept failing). I play AK to challenge myself and have fun with game and my operators. It's just after I was done I went to check how the hell people did those stages and I was like "OMG, I'm so stupid, why I didn't think about doing that!?". Like with Ifrit setup I was literally trying to do it, I just concluded it was impossible half way through and gave up, when all I had to do to make it work was adding healing defender there... So beating it on your own feels satisfying, but then seeing how you could do it much easier and you just didn't think about it makes you feel stupid.

Firewatch throughout the seasons

That's so cute!

last edited at Dec 30, 2020 9:12PM

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Congrats to everyone for their rolls. Especially those who got both W and Weedy. I'm wondering if I should keep going all out for Weedy lol. I already got two Ws and I'm at 233 rolls. 70 more and I could just buy Weedy. Not sure if I want to do that.

Obviously with W there is only one thing to do: use her to blow herself up. Also the references to Theresa are a lot more subtle than I expected. Her token is the only one that's really explicit about it. It's also a selfie which is cute tho my favorite is W's line about that door. That first meeting really had an impact on her. She also has this one line where she seems really pissed at Kal'tsit for letting Theresa die. I know they don't get along but I'm surprised they were able to negotiate to have W in Rhodes Island. It seems W really hates the (past) Doctor and Kal so I'm wondering what Kal offered that caused W to stay. Haven't unlocked the trust archives yet but the promotion archive does indicate Ines is alive and they're talking about how to deal with the "usurper". The way W refers to Theresis keeps reminding me of Game of Thrones lol.

Oh, apparently Silence got a new skin for CN and it's FREE. But the best part is she has a scarf that may have been a gift from Saria?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Obviously with W there is only one thing to do: use her to blow herself up.

"I am you, but better."

An aside that kept bugging me - what species Ines is (was)? She's not a Sarkaz (as W liked to remind her) but there aren't all that many horned races around and she doesn't have the characteristic tail of the Vouivre, who'd otherwise look like the closest match.

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

GamePress has a visual for the Lounge if you want to know what it might look like before spending the furniture parts. Am sad Hibiscus's outfit isn't being rerun with this anniversary. :(

Any idea of what the next event might be? I was able to buy most of the shop from the current event.

joined Apr 30, 2020

An aside that kept bugging me - what species Ines is (was)? She's not a Sarkaz (as W liked to remind her) but there aren't all that many horned races around and she doesn't have the characteristic tail of the Vouivre, who'd otherwise look like the closest match.

Vouivre is also the guess I've seen but I have also seen Caprinae specifically from Leithanien due to her arts. Leithanien being known for its arts knowledge and Caprinae for their arts usage. This could explain why the tail is not so visible.

Any idea of what the next event might be? I was able to buy most of the shop from the current event.

There will be mini event on Jan. 2 (up to the 16th) where stages will drop supply boxes (contains a random material) and mini sanity potions worth 10 sanity. For "efficiency" people are saying to go rock hell (1-7) since having a chance to drop 10 sanity means one can basically farm that stage indefinitely. YMMV of course. I'm personally not planning to do that and will work on farming chips for future ops and mats for masteries.

As for anything beyond the 16th, there are guesses. CC is usually announced a month in advance which is why it can't be this January since nothing was announced in December. The announcement will probably be this January making February the likely month for CC#2. Other possibilities include Summer Event rerun so Thorns banner. Roguelike aka Summer Event part 2 was also datamined recently so that's another possibility. Yostar being (im)famous now for reordering stuff, anything could happen but those three are my guesses likely in this order: Summer Rerun -> Summer Event part 2 and Roguelike -> CC#2. Tho, best prepare to take into account extreme cases...

Anyway, here some art:

W getting headpats from Theresa like she always dreamed of

Saria x Silence

Schwarz x Ceylon in their younger days

Oxgirls welcoming the new girl, also year of the Ox soon

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

Got W and Weedy without draining my stockpiled orundums! Hoping Elysium will show up on the free single draw.
As someone who has been saving up for W getting her without going through my reserves was both awesome and anticlimactic haha

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

So I actually moved my lazy ass and read the story (it may or may not have anything to do with the fact I couldn't sleep) and I have to say I didn't expect to end up liking W so much. Like turns out the brief moment we encounter her in main story isn't representative of her character at all. So I decided to roll rest of my Orundum (2 x 10 + 2 rolls) for her and if I won't get her, at least with tickets + daily rolls I should reach 75 to get Elysium in case he won't decide to show up as well. First 10 roll was great with Elysium coming home, so I rolled second and, em, this happened. Ngl I really wanted to finally get one of those really lucky rolls. When I saw Wendy, I was happy but also she isn't limited so I kinda lowkey hoped for double 6 star and then game nicely surprised me. For once rate up didn't fail me x3 Podenco was nice bonus as well, since it was my first copy of her.

Also made first step in making good on my promise of rewarding operators, who helped me clear event.

last edited at Dec 31, 2020 5:05AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

So I actually moved my lazy ass and read the story (it may or may not have anything to do with the fact I couldn't sleep) and I have to say I didn't expect to end up liking W so much. Like turns out the brief moment we encounter her in main story isn't representative of her character at all.

Yay, another person for the W fanclub~ This is probably a weird thing to like about her, but I actually really like how passive-aggressive she is towards the Doctor in her voice lines, what with her knowing what they were like pre-amnesia and all. Also, looking at her 150 trust archive files on Gamepress, I can see why some people ship her with Amiya

Speaking of pre-amnesia doctor, in case anyone is doing the Chapter 7 stages, let me know if this quote actually happens. I really want it to be real lol

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Yo! W and Weedy are dropping presents better than Santa! I got Weedy and Elysium on my 2nd 10 roll, did some salt stages to "reset rng" thinking it was going to be another Nian. Did another 2 10 roll: crap, used tickets: some 4*s like Cutter. Did another 10 roll 5* bag so I skipped animation...AAAND it was W LOL

I have rolls left so I kinda want to pot Elysium up but I think I'll just pray for drops on free daily rolls.
The guaranteed 6* seems nice, ok that's a guaranteed Swartz Blaze, it is really nice BUT I'm broke :/

Aaaah the two final maps were hard! That 1/2 annihilatio stage took me 30+ mins on my successful clear. I love Ifrit lines, she made her moms are proud.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Yay, another person for the W fanclub~ This is probably a weird thing to like about her, but I actually really like how passive-aggressive she is towards the Doctor in her voice lines, what with her knowing what they were like pre-amnesia and all. Also, looking at her 150 trust archive files on Gamepress, I can see why some people ship her with Amiya

Yeah Darknights really adds more to her character. I had thought she was just a spy. Also, your post on Amiya x W really had me intrigued and triggered my fantheorizing. I actually want to look up her archives but I'm kinda adamant on unlocking them naturally.

Speaking of ch 7 story, I'm still early on but damn some details I didn't even know back when spoilers first came out from CN. Talulah's dad is Edward Artorius! Arthurian myth in Arknights?!. Also I know many HoshiChen shippers were sad from 7-2 to 7-3 but I have to be honest I really liked those chapters. I can't help but grin while reading them. Then at 7-4, it really does seem like Amiya was treating the Doc and Kal as her divorced parents for a moment there. Even better, a surprise ship: Nearl x Firewatch needs to be a thing. I like their interaction there.

joined May 28, 2016

Just to be sure but the young Cautus during the event was Amiya right? I got most of the shop cleared while using my sanity potions from the monthly pass and a few primes for sanity refills since I don't care too much about costumes- other than Hibiscus's which I can't buy :(.

Can't wait to get Maki Nishikino... um I mean Surtr when she releases.

I "need" Ptilopsis, Saria, Lappland, Hoshiguma, Ch'en, Skadi, a maxed out Cardigan...

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

Aaaand I just got Hellagur. It's like Christmas came late haha

joined Apr 30, 2020

Speaking of pre-amnesia doctor, in case anyone is doing the Chapter 7 stages, let me know if this quote actually happens. I really want it to be real lol

Just got to it. It actually happens earlier than I expected (at 7-6). I guess it is real lol.

Just to be sure but the young Cautus during the event was Amiya right?

Yep.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

Yeah Darknights really adds more to her character. I had thought she was just a spy.

Your impression is still better than mine. I thought that ignoring money, she joined Reunion mostly for lolz and opportunity to blow shit up and didn't really care if her allies died (which is ironic cos that was kinda how she was originally before meeting Ines and Hoederer, so I guess gj game?). BTW. I was totally sure they're going to both die.

Also I forgot to mention, but I'm not sure how much I like the fact that Talulah isn't really herself anymore and instead is controlled by someone else destroying and using Reunion. Like I actually got behind the idea that Reunion is actually kinda the good guys and they were successful in raising and uniting Infected, but then Talulah got possessed and everything fucked up. Idk, gives kinda depressing message in already depressing world. That oppressed group will be always oppressed and used no matter what.

last edited at Dec 31, 2020 6:16PM

joined Apr 30, 2020

Also I forgot to mention, but I'm not sure how much I like the fact that Talulah isn't really herself anymore and instead is controlled by someone else destroying and using Reunion. Like I actually got behind the idea that Reunion is actually kinda the good guys and they were successful in raising and uniting Infected, but then Talulah got possessed and everything fucked up. Idk, gives kinda depressing message in already depressing word. That oppressed group will be always oppressed and used no matter what.

Unfortunately yeah, it is depressing. I mean Wolumonde already gave that vibe. In the end the Infected and their suffering were just used just so that Wolumonde will get noticed. With Reunion too, while initially a peaceful movement for Infected rights, turned violent by external forces Duke Kashchey for Ursus and then there's Theresis for Kazdel and it seems Victoria too.

Still at 7-6... damn this hits hard. They also specifically mention Rosmontis being 14. She's a 14 year old weapon of mass destruction. Also Warfarin makes an appearance and brings up the "prophecy". Seems the translation uses Lord of Fiends instead of Demon King... making it gender neutral I guess. Seems Warfarin was particularly worried for Patriot and wanted him to join Rhodes Island. They know each other apparently and Kal knows him too.

last edited at Dec 31, 2020 1:34PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I mean tbf the Arknights world-setting in general - or at least the parts we get to see onscreen - is pretty much a Triple-Shot Depresso with a large topping of Bleak.

Was honestly pretty impressed by just how bleak the writers managed to make the Kazdel civil war sound with nothing more than the character dialogue; reminded me of some descriptions of (parts of) Germany during the Thirty Years' War.
No wonder there's scores of expat Sarkaz wandering around who aren't super keen on going back there (eg. Mudrock's bunch)...

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

random posted:

I mean tbf the Arknights world-setting in general - or at least the parts we get to see onscreen - is pretty much a Triple-Shot Depresso with a large topping of Bleak.

That is... surprisingly aptly way to put it...

I like Rosmontis so far. If they'd ever add her, I'd actually roll for her. Also I just cleared 7-2 and now I can get behind Ch'en. She finally felt human to me.

last edited at Dec 31, 2020 9:33PM

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

random posted:

I like Rosmontis so far. If they'd ever add her, I'd actually roll for her. Also I just cleared 7-2 and now I can get behind Ch'en. She finally felt human to me.

Well good news then! She's the next limited operator and Murdock is the one who's gonna be on the same banner like with Weedy.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I like Rosmontis so far. If they'd ever add her,

Was there ever any doubt, really?

joined Jul 26, 2016

On an unrelated note the official Discord server's icon has been changed into a suitably "BOOM! Wahaha!" W one, which amuses me far more than it should.

...not for the first time do I suspect my sense of humour might be slightly juvenile >_>

joined Apr 30, 2020

random posted:

Well good news then! She's the next limited operator and Murdock is the one who's gonna be on the same banner like with Weedy.

I'm hoping unlike this time I get the non-limited one earlier cause now I'm at 3 Ws, 0 Weedy tho I'm also 24 rolls away from 300 so might as well just buy Weedy I guess. Tho admittedly the story is making me like Rosmontis enough to want her. Arknights seems to be good at having a preceding event/story hype up a character before releasing said character as an op like with W. I do want to note that the Rosmontis/Mudrock banner will likely be sooner than later. That banner comes with chapter 8 and has new mats. Yostar cannot afford to delay this banner with newer CN banners without providing the new mats. For example, Mountain and his banner cannot be set before ch 8 cause we wouldn't be able to promote them. The only content we have left before ch 8 are CC#2, Thorns, Eunectes, Blemishine, Surtr and CC#3 which are like 3 or 4 months of content. I suppose they could pad it out a bit more with Code of Brawl rerun and/or Operational Intelligence rerun. Btw due to the order of events in EN, wouldn't it make sense for us to get Operational Intelligence rerun before Summer Event rerun?

More art to share: Skadi x Specter compilation, Saria and Silence welcoming the New Year, Blaze cuddling with Amiya

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

How do you get all of these rolls without spending a crapton of money on the game?

joined Jul 26, 2016

How do you get all of these rolls without spending a crapton of money on the game?

Hoard Originum, tickets etc. for months ┐(゚~゚)┌

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

Discipline and resisting the devil!
Really though I'm a Granblue Fantasy slave and that game taught me to save, save and save.

joined Apr 30, 2020

I can't believe it. Pot 5 W lol.

W's theme Renegade is now out on the official Youtube channel.

And on CN they revealed new 6 star sniper Archetto, a griffin which has an interesting talent of charging Offensive SP for Sniper skills similar to Ch'en's talent which makes me wonder if they stack.

To reply you must either login or sign up.