Forum › Arknights!

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Everyone gangsta till they find out W's backstory.

EDIT: On a serious note, her backstory is genuinely super interesting and really hammers the nail in the coffin for the pre-amnesiac Doctor's role in the story. It also gives a deep look at Rhode's Islands's past, which isn't something every operator can say. Also I think it's pretty interesting how people think that W is the thing where you can just recruit villains in gacha, but the actual reasoning on why you can recruit her is really well done.

If you read her character profile + voice lines without even looking at Darknights' Memoirs, there's already a chance to get W brainrot. Literally glimpsed through and read some stuff and now I completely understand why a few people I know simp hard for her. She's like the Itachi of Arknights.

last edited at Dec 10, 2020 2:07AM

joined Jul 26, 2020

So I just did 20 pulls and got 2 Phantoms and 1 Cutter. Legit only did that second 10 pull to try and get Cutter and I guess I accomplished my goal. Well, looks like it's time for me to neglect Aak yet again for someone new.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

塞雷娅 posted:

So I just did 20 pulls and got 2 Phantoms and 1 Cutter. Legit only did that second 10 pull to try and get Cutter and I guess I accomplished my goal.

Gj!

Sadly my 10 roll was incredibly meh. As always rate up hates me. Got 3-4 4 stars and neither was Cutter or new potential/someone I didn't have yet. my guarantee 5 star wasn't Shamare or even Ptilopsis, but another copy of Nightmare. She's cute and all, but her gameplay really looks hard to use effectively, but at this point she'll be my first 5 star I maxed potential for, so I guess she'd deserve to be E2 at this point. Ngl, I kinda hoped for Phantom spook cos he looks cool and have interesting gameplay. Only silver lining was that I dropped final copy of Catapult, so with that I maxed out potential for all 3 stars.

last edited at Dec 10, 2020 2:47PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Okay, so originally I was planning until I got the 5-star pity, hoping I'd at least get Shamare. But somehow, on my very first single roll I ended up getting Phantom.

Anyways, as for the event's story I got to the part where W's walking around the still-under-construction Rhodes Island. I knew that this event would go into the backstory, but I hadn't realized it was this far back. The story's definitely been holding my interest so far (well, I could say that about pretty much all of the past events, but still).

Also, it occurs to me that this event is probably the "Kazdel matter" that Kal'tsit mentioned way back in I believe the Operational Intelligence event.

last edited at Dec 10, 2020 3:31PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Norainhere posted:

Okay, so originally I was planning until I got the 5-star pity, hoping I'd at least get Shamare. But somehow, on my very first single roll I ended up getting Phantom.

Congrats!

joined Jul 26, 2016

So my 5+ guarantee pull was Scavenger's Waifu, She Of The Fabulous Tail. Which is nice I guess but... not that useful T B H. :/

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

My guaranteed was Ptilopsis (dupe) and it took me all 10 rolls to trigger. Meanwhile my sisted did 24 rolls and got THREE 6 stars. Unfortunately for her, none of them were the one she wanted, Phantom. One was a Mostima dupe, while the other two were Skadis. I couldn't believe it. I am saving for W now. The story has really made me want her.

She's a Theresa fangirl. It's so cute lol. That moment they met, I can imagine it with shojou flowers. There was a bunch of cute almost slice of life moments there. Unfortunately, such moments were sandwiched between the tragedies of war. RIP Theresa and Ines tho I personally don't believe both are dead. With Victoria being next in the story for CN, I can see Theresis taking the antagonist role and perhaps W can get her revenge. All this lore makes Darknights my favorite event.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I couldn't help but think of this after finishing the story:

Scavenger/Folinic: Gee W, how come Hypergryph lets you have two dead girlfriends?

Joking aside, I can totally agree with 塞雷娅 about why so many people simp for W now lol. Also if anything this makes the Amiya x W ship even funnier in my head, considering W's only interactions with her before leaving were basically "That brat that blocked my view of Theresa"

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

Okay, just finished the 8 event stages available by far.
The last one took a few tries. My first practice run when i accidentally triggered the tall dude and enraged everyone else. It looked so funny to me hahaha

Are you going to bring Skadi along to grind with her?

ahaha, I wish! But nah, I didn't pull on Skadi's banner.

last edited at Dec 10, 2020 7:36PM

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Well lets see the rolls got me Catapult, Shirayuki, Matterhorn, Melantha, and Leonhardt (New).

joined Apr 30, 2020

Scavenger/Folinic: Gee W, how come Hypergryph lets you have two dead girlfriends?

It gets even better: both may or may not be dead. Ines has a very likely chance of not being dead. The Sarkaz Messenger at the end is implied to be Ines.

Joking aside, I can totally agree with 塞雷娅 about why so many people simp for W now lol. Also if anything this makes the Amiya x W ship even funnier in my head, considering W's only interactions with her before leaving were basically "That brat that blocked my view of Theresa"

Funnier cause there's a dialogue between Ines and W about what the latter would do if she were to meet a mind reader which Amiya is

joined May 28, 2016

Funnier cause there's a dialogue between Ines and W about what the latter would do if she were to meet a mind reader which Amiya is

Amiya doesn't exactly read minds as seen from the scene in chapter 5-10 where Faust shoots her. She reads (and can manipulate) emotional states of people

last edited at Dec 10, 2020 7:57PM

joined Apr 30, 2020

Amiya doesn't exactly read minds as seen from the scene in chapter 5-10 where Faust shoots her. She reads (and can manipulate) emotional states of people

In chapter 8, she confronts Koschei in Talulah's mind which surprises him since he claims to be resistant to such mental arts and that a rabbit can "read minds".

last edited at Dec 10, 2020 8:23PM

Shiri1
joined Aug 13, 2019

Don't know why all those memes and fanart had W simping over Theresa when she's much more shippable with Ines. W doesn't even seem to be all that obsessed with Theresa from this event.

joined Jul 26, 2020

There's a sizeable amount of WInes shippers and fanart. I personally didn't see much W x Theresa fanart before so who knows if it'd be more popular or not in global.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Don't know why all those memes and fanart had W simping over Theresa when she's much more shippable with Ines. W doesn't even seem to be all that obsessed with Theresa from this event.

I can see the appeal of the tsundere dynamic of WInes but I disagree that W isn't that obsessed with Theresa. This particular line shows that Theresa had specific effect on her that she can't quite understand and would be the reason for why she's changed so much under her. Then there's the moment when she was basically asking if Theresa praised her. Of course the camera moment: W really not wanting the Doctor and Amiya from being in the same picture as Theresa and W's reaction to Theresa's laugh. Then when Theresa died, roaring rampage of revenge happened. That moment when she was being close to the Catastrophe shows that she's almost lost it. Theresis even became her berserk button. Bad idea to call him "His Majesty" if you're anywhere near W.

joined May 28, 2016

We I got another Texas from the new banner. She's now at pot 2.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I got Asbestos. Lacking her penguin waifu tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I figured why I was getting confused with potentials. It's because when you go into operator's potential, game shows you the number counting base as well.

joined May 28, 2016

I got Asbestos. Lacking her penguin waifu tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I'm still lacking Lappland, Mostima, Shining, Nearl...

joined May 28, 2016

I can't beat DM-7. My operators are a bunch of morons. Instead of focusing her attacks on the demolitionist Amiya wants to attack everything else except it. I guess I'll never be able to complete this event.

Edit: Steward was the winning card that finally let me kill the bad guys.

Now am stuck on DM-8... This event is WAYYYYYYYYYY harder than Grani's.

last edited at Dec 12, 2020 9:07PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Reached 300 recruitments today so got my Indra.

joined May 28, 2016

After a million attempts (not literally) I finally beat DM-8. Not good enough to auto-farm it since I had to use support Executor and even then I only barely won while allowing two of the three possible life points to go through. :( Thankfully I can auto all lower stages.

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

I got the recruit voucher ticket. As I don't have either Vulcan or Indra, I'm gonna sit on it for now.

joined May 28, 2016

I bought the monthly pass today. That extra sanity sure helps to farm this event. :)

To reply you must either login or sign up.