Forum › The Bittersweet Blue discussion

joined Aug 11, 2014

I like how this is tagged Keine x Mokou, even though they don't have a scene together, and what they do say doesn't seem particularly affectionate on the surface. At first, I wasn't sure how to understand Akyuu's conversation with Mokou - "greed is a scary thing" seems especially out of place - but it's subtly completed by Keine's request at the end to not tell her about it. Mokou understands that Keine is troubled, but she also understands exactly what would make her act this way; she wants to help, but if it involves someone else having feelings for Keine, she gets jealous, and doesn't want to hear about it. She allows herself to be deceived by Keine, who, even after everything is settled and a clean rejection has been given, doesn't want Mokou to hear about it, although it's not entirely clear if that's only because she herself would find it troubling, or if she's thinking about how troubled Mokou would be, as well.

Also, for Mokou to rely on Akyuu to resolve the situation is kind of running away, but it also shows a remarkable amount of trust not only in Akyuu herself, but also in the friendship between Akyuu and Keine, which turns out to be exactly what those two needed to affirm.

Well, that might just be me overthinking things, but still. I came for Keine x Mokou, and even though they didn't say a word to each other the whole time, I'm feeling pretty satisfied.

last edited at Nov 17, 2014 11:57PM

M-526
joined Sep 19, 2014

i think this is Keine x Akyuu, or even no pairings at all.

joined Aug 1, 2013

Suggested a tag change. I don't really see any Keine x Mokou either.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Huh, what are you talking about, I thought it was pretty obvious

Images
joined May 22, 2014

This is keine X Mokou. It's just very subtle. Look for example at page 31.

joined Apr 1, 2014

random npc: Is [Keine] going out with a guy right now?
Akyu: Um. I don't think there's... a GUY in the picture, but...

last edited at Nov 18, 2014 4:04AM

Tumblr_m6qk60jppk1r95frro1_500
joined May 28, 2013

I was confused at first, thinking this was tagged wrong, but Kiene x Mokou then becomes obvious. They're together, it's just the focus isn't on their relationship but rather Kiene and Akyuu's friendship.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's absolutely obvious that Keine and Mokou are a couple, or at least have that sort of affection for each other. Heck, that's part of why the confession bothers her, and why she doesn't want Mokou to know. It's not a foreground element, but it's still definitely there.

nintendofreak768
joined Jun 22, 2014

This is why i think tags of individual characters is needed.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yeah, is clear as crystal that Keine and Moukou are an item.

All things considered, is a pretty interesting way to write a pairing.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I think that while Keine and Mokou are in some sort of relationship or have romantic feelings for each other here, they are not the real focus of this piece, so I'd suggest a tag change as well.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Debatable, they aren't the focus but on their relationship hinges the conflict of the story.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Debatable, they aren't the focus but on their relationship hinges the conflict of the story.

Exactly. If Keine weren't attached/attracted to Mokou, the story would have been much different.

Aside from which, we have pairing tags on stories with much more tenuous connections than this, for instance.

joined Oct 18, 2014

Exactly. If Keine weren't attached/attracted to Mokou, the story would have been much different.

Aside from which, we have pairing tags on stories with much more tenuous connections than this, for instance.

agreed.
And hey,
Its surprising and refreshing to see a pairring being used so subtly and elegantly to spin a story.
Great Doujinshi.
But yeah, if you read between the lines, you can clearly see keine and mokou having something going on, eventhough its not clearly stated.

joined Nov 7, 2017

does anyone knew what font is used for this doujinshi? the one for normal conversation.

To reply you must either login or sign up.