Forum › Arknights!

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

I got Beeswax from my pity, which is fine with me. She's more interesting to me gameplay wise since she's essentially a tank you can deploy on ranged tiles.

I'm just glad we finally got the rerun since I don't want to miss any furniture sets/skins/welfare operators. Now that I've gotten Grani, I officially have every welfare in the game so far. The only thing I'm missing now is Hibiscus's skin, which I hope they rerun eventually.

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I got Franka and Leizi via the pity on one banner each. I also got Beehunter. How good is Leizi?

joined Jul 26, 2016

My pity pulls were Ptilopsis and Croissant dupes.
yaaaaay ヽ( ._.)ノ

joined Jul 26, 2020

I got Franka and Leizi via the pity on one banner each. I also got Beehunter. How good is Leizi?

Leizi is an aoe caster so not that good honestly. Her skill is really interesting, but there's never really a need for aoe casters, especially when Eyja and Ifrit are just so much better than every other caster. You can still use her if you want, but in terms of whether you'll ever need her for stages, it's gonna be a 'never' for an answer.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

塞雷娅 posted:

Leizi is an aoe caster so not that good honestly. Her skill is really interesting, but there's never really a need for aoe casters, especially when Eyja and Ifrit are just so much better than every other caster. You can still use her if you want, but in terms of whether you'll ever need her for stages, it's gonna be a 'never' for an answer.

Well AoE casters can be useful, especially when you have neither Eyja or Ifrit. The thing is Leizi isn't actually AoE caster. She's single caster that bounces her attacks thrice. Initially I liked her gimmick and thought it could be fun to use, but it really is very unreliable since enemies must be at most 1 tile apart and it doesn't bounce back to enemies it already hit. But honestly her biggest drawback is that despite being technically single target caster, her cost is almost as high as true AoE casters, so honestly you're better of just using actual AoE caster like Lava that would do her job much better and she's just 3 star you can max with ease.

joined Jul 26, 2020

塞雷娅 posted:

Well AoE casters can be useful, especially when you have neither Eyja or Ifrit. The thing is Leizi isn't actually AoE caster. She's single caster that bounces her attacks thrice. Initially I liked her gimmick and thought it could be fun to use, but it really is very unreliable since enemies must be at most 1 tile apart and it doesn't bounce back to enemies it already hit. But honestly her biggest drawback is that despite being technically single target caster, her cost is almost as high as true AoE casters, so honestly you're better of just using actual AoE caster like Lava that would do her job much better and she's just 3 star you can max with ease.

The thing is, I'm calling her an aoe caster because that's essentially her role. She's technically single target but her actual skill makes her role closer to an aoe caster. It's similar to how Eyja is technically single target but her skills make her into an aoe caster too.

Also honestly getting Eyja and Ifrit isn't that difficult the longer you play. I have almost all of the 6 stars in the game and I don't use OP to summon and only use the orundum that I get from the annihilation stages + from the monthly card.

And yeah, the reason Leizi just isn't that good is cause Lava can do the job just fine. The only reason higher rarity units are better than the simplest 3 stars is cause their skills and/or talents are better or have some kind of niche usage. That's why Mostima can still be useful despite having crappy dps and just not being as good as other 6 star casters because her skill 2 and 3 are both CC skills.

joined Jul 26, 2016

That's why Mostima can still be useful despite having crappy dps and just not being as good as other 6 star casters because her skill 2 and 3 are both CC skills.

[ZA WARUDO intensifies]

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

And yeah, the reason Leizi just isn't that good is cause Lava can do the job just fine. The only reason higher rarity units are better than the simplest 3 stars is cause their skills and/or talents are better or have some kind of niche usage. That's why Mostima can still be useful despite having crappy dps and just not being as good as other 6 star casters because her skill 2 and 3 are both CC skills.

I relied on my friend's mostima for that R18 clear. Slow mo swing swing...

I guess since Grani is an early event its not very difficult now since i have levelled ops. Well its a stress-free event so that's good, I can relax and just grind mats.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

塞雷娅 posted:

The thing is, I'm calling her an aoe caster because that's essentially her role.

Yea. No idea why I talked like that. I guess my point was that she's actually not even as good and reliable as true AoE caster.

Also honestly getting Eyja and Ifrit isn't that difficult the longer you play. I have almost all of the 6 stars in the game and I don't use OP to summon and only use the orundum that I get from the annihilation stages + from the monthly card.

Yea, I can see it. I'm doing exactly the same thing and I already have plenty of operators and like around six, 6 stars. Part of it is also that AK is incredibly generous and allows you simply to buy operators or upgrade them using tokens, something unthinkable in any other gacha. I myself bought Eyja from shop and I already got so much mileage from using her.

And yeah, the reason Leizi just isn't that good is cause Lava can do the job just fine.

Honestly if she costed like around 24 DP she wouldn't be half bad as a ST/AoE caster hybrid. 30-32 DP is just way too much for not even proper AoE caster.

So after CC, Grani's event was like a walk in the park. I've already beaten everything and can now just focus on mindless farming. I guess this way you could say we actually got 1 week break.

joined May 28, 2016

Grani's event isn't too hard here since I'm using a low rarity guide for basic strategy. I often have to substitute some of the operators for similar ones. Instead of Courier I used Fang, 12F -> Lava, Cardigan -> Beagle...

Edit: Grani and Carol look cute together. Too bad Carol's not a playable operator.

last edited at Nov 27, 2020 12:16AM

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

It's nice to go back and curb stomp this event after struggling a bit in the beginning. While the event was never hard, the challenge stages can be a struggle. Now even those are nothing in the face of E2 ops and skill masteries. Big Bob and Adam got deep fried thanks to the BBQ team.

Btw, seems we got the new skill mastery animation. Here's what it looked likes in motion.

joined May 28, 2016

Meteorite came home today. Am now out of gacha currency. :(

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I got Meteorite with my first roll as well, so I'm really happy with it.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I wasn't sure if there'd be enough time to clear the shop since this rerun lasts for less days than the first version, so I checked the original version's shop. The cost of Grani's tokens and furniture are all the same, but there's a lot less materials, LMD and battle records to buy so it should be fine. Probably.

Also, found some Carol x Grani sketches: https://twitter.com/spaded23205/status/1286335696656109570 and https://twitter.com/spaded23205/status/1286361688900435969

joined Jul 26, 2016

So those meh pulls earlier? Well now I pulled twice on the newest banner and suddenly had Hellagur.
乁[ ◕ ᴥ ◕ ]ㄏ

joined May 28, 2016

I used to be a Grani x Skadi shipper. But now I'm on the Grani x Carol train. I need more of this ship.

On an unrelated note since I finished the latest chapter of FGO I now have more time to dedicate to this game. Or at least unit this year's Christmas event comes up.

Today's recruitment got me another Croissant.

Durin and a Sleeping Myrtle

last edited at Nov 29, 2020 1:17AM

joined May 28, 2016

GT-HX3 is so frustrating. I have no E2 operators yet so I'm trying to do it under the recommended level but I'm not doing too good. I'll try it again tomorrow maybe I'll come up with a winning strategy by then.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

GT-HX3 is so frustrating. I have no E2 operators yet so I'm trying to do it under the recommended level but I'm not doing too good. I'll try it again tomorrow maybe I'll come up with a winning strategy by then.

It should be pretty simple if you have Ifrit; I put mine on my support list so hopefully that helps.

More Carol x Grani pictures~

last edited at Nov 29, 2020 9:06PM

joined Jul 26, 2020

^ I accept that headcanon wholeheartedly. Grani x Carol has been my #1 Grani ship since reading her event story. That same event story is also why I'm firmly a Specter x Skadi shipper too.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

I have not abandoned hope for a playable Carol for my yuri squad.

More yuri art: the Amiya x Siege series got an update.

birb cuddling to her cat

Just a pair of dragons cuddling

Taking care of doggo and feeding doggo

Apparently Ceobe's Fungimist Roguelike event has been datamined tho I doubt it will be the next event. Note that Darknights and ch7 were also datamined prior to Wolumonde event but nothing came out of it. There is a video for preparing for it released recently so if anyone wants to start preparing now, go watch that. Hope it helps.

joined May 28, 2016

It should be pretty simple if you have Ifrit; I put mine on my support list so hopefully that helps.

More Carol x Grani pictures~

What do you know. I just happened to get the Top Operator tag and Caster tonight. Both of them stuck. And Bam there's my new shiny Ifrit. I'm so happy now. :)

last edited at Nov 29, 2020 11:34PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I have not abandoned hope for a playable Carol for my yuri squad.

More yuri art: the Amiya x Siege series got an update.

birb cuddling to her cat

Just a pair of dragons cuddling

Taking care of doggo and feeding doggo

Apparently Ceobe's Fungimist Roguelike event has been datamined tho I doubt it will be the next event. Note that Darknights and ch7 were also datamined prior to Wolumonde event but nothing came out of it. There is a video for preparing for it released recently so if anyone wants to start preparing now, go watch that. Hope it helps.

That Amiya x Siege comic is fun. I've thought about typesetting the first "chapter" of that series but the Danbooru translation is tagged as "Check Translation", and I don't know Chinese at all so I'm not sure if I should.

Also, definitely excited to see the Fungimist event, even if it's probably not coming up next yet. I was about to post that video guide too but you beat me too it :P

What do you know. I just happened to get the Top Operator tag and Caster tonight. Both of them stuck. And Bam there's my new shiny Ifrit. I'm so happy now. :)

Talk about good timing. Congrats~

joined May 28, 2016

Does anyone know what this says. A cute Durin x Myrtle picture.

Edit: The same artist has also done a Dobermann x Jessica one too.

last edited at Nov 29, 2020 11:39PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Does anyone know what this says. A cute Durin x Myrtle picture.

Edit: The same artist has also done a Dobermann x Jessica one too.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that one's related to Myrtle's voiceline where she's complaining about Durin's choice of codename:

Durin used the name of our race as her codename because she's so lazy, but isn't it kind of dumb how calling me "Myrtle of Durin" made me sound like I belong to her or something?

And then Durin pops up and says something like "Well, are you saying you don't?", prompting Myrtle's reaction.

last edited at Nov 30, 2020 1:13AM

joined May 28, 2016

I really wish that Sanity Potions didn't expire in this game. FGO doesn't have it's energy restoring apples so it's easy to save up for big events or grind at your own leisure.

Edit: I've been running GT-3 right now to get the material drops from it. Can autobattle all of the normal stages now.

last edited at Nov 30, 2020 5:41PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.