Forum › Gaku Gaku Animal Land discussion

joined Jan 11, 2015

GGAL has done a great job

Fb_img_1485915787927
joined Dec 4, 2016

Please, upload this h-manga by ParuXYuugi 3: please~!!

https://mega.nz/#F!vsEHBSDT

joined Nov 13, 2017

The link to the website doesn't lead anywhere.

That seems worrisome.

Gpz_rio_1222
joined Nov 10, 2019

dont give a care about touhou, nor do i care about their manga/doujin... but, the words..¨Gaku Gaku Animal Land¨ are very fun

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Unfortunately it seems Gensokyo.org is gone for good - the Wayback Machine has the last up-to-date version from September 2019. I'm not sure if that means the group itself is dead though, since there were a few doujins posted here in March 2020.

Their other website, http://www.freewebs.com/aortic/, has been dead since 2014 though.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

The March 2020 releases were exclusively done by one member of the boards, who requested them and asked that they be uploaded under the Gaku Gaku Animal Land name. Unfortunately, Gensokyo is dead.

There were a lot of structural and circumstantial issues that more or less pointed this way for the last 3 or 4 years (at least) before the site finally disappeared for good. At the end, there weren't more than a handful of part-timers left. Thanks so much to everyone who ever participated on voile, it was a blast. Really is extraordinary how much was accomplished.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

The March 2020 releases were exclusively done by one member of the boards, who requested them and asked that they be uploaded under the Gaku Gaku Animal Land name. Unfortunately, Gensokyo is dead.

There were a lot of structural and circumstantial issues that more or less pointed this way for the last 3 or 4 years (at least) before the site finally disappeared for good. At the end, there weren't more than a handful of part-timers left. Thanks so much to everyone who ever participated on voile, it was a blast. Really is extraordinary how much was accomplished.

That's really quite sad. Gaku Gaku have given so much to the Touhou fanbase, and scanlated some of the best stories I've read. They'll be sorely missed.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

No more Yakumi Sarai translations, noo!! Damn, I need to check if other Touhou translators will step in or not.

Regardless, thank you to Gaku Gaku Animal Land for everything you have done, if any of the members ever check here. As a Touhou fan who was not heavily involved with the community but enjoyed the doujins, I really loved the selections you chose to translate and appreciate the work everyone put in. Thank you.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This post is a bit futile, but if anyone else out there is intending to edit arcrenciel's remaining translations, or those non-arcrenciel translations saved on the Wayback Machine, please get in touch with me so we can coordinate a bit. I'd really hate to demotivate anyone by repeating work unnecessarily!

last edited at Jan 10, 2021 12:11AM

joined Jun 25, 2021

"gaku gaku animal land" has a nice ring to it. where does the name come from? what does it mean?

To reply you must either login or sign up.