Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I went ahead and made Prequel and Sequel tags for now, as I said I would months ago (before a lot of rl stuff happened). I figure at the very least, it will give people a heads-up if they're reading a sequel, and make eventual proper "sequel-ing" easier.

Yeah, for some reason I thought I'd seen other things with a Sequel tag, and so I went to apply that to Rin Rin when it was uploaded but ... there was nothing there. So obviously I'm just crazy.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Yeah, that sounds fine. My own copy of the tank is now in a different country, but I can ask Editor-san if any of the other scans we have would work for that—there were some images under the cover that haven't been uploaded yet, though at least one of those has semi-My Beloved spoilers. (If we had a clean copy of the image on the back, that would be perfect).

Alright. Whichever you guys think is best works for us, and you can always get in touch if you need anything for it.

In the end, we couldn't find anything particularly interesting. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/game_ch03#40 might work though, absent the "2nd".

Edit: Unrelated matter, but what's the policy for original doujins that get a YuriHime (or whatever) reprint?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sore_ha_omoi_no_kakera ran in November's issue of YH, under the author's name (not circle name)—should it get updated to reflect that? Should the author name and circle name be swapped on their info page (i.e. Fujisawa Makoto, also known as Caramel Crunch)?

last edited at Nov 15, 2014 9:01AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

In the end, we couldn't find anything particularly interesting. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/game_ch03#40 might work though, absent the "2nd".

I'll add it in a bit, that's good enough.

Edit: Unrelated matter, but what's the policy for original doujins that get a YuriHime (or whatever) reprint?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sore_ha_omoi_no_kakera ran in November's issue of YH, under the author's name (not circle name)—should it get updated to reflect that? Should the author name and circle name be swapped on their info page (i.e. Fujisawa Makoto, also known as Caramel Crunch)?

It's not something we've dealt with much, so there isn't. When I uploaded that, I was under the impression it was also to be featured in Fujisawa's upcoming tankobon, but didn't feel it was necessary to make any note of it - categorically, anyway - at the time.

Since you mention it, I'll get some opinions and we'll figure out what we want to do. I'd sort of like to keep the Doujin: Original moniker on it while adding whatever else is necessary (YH issue and anthology), but I'm not really sure. Feel free to chime in.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

It's easy enough to just add the YH tag. What about the name, though? I know there's been a sort of "let's not worry too much about it" policy, but it might make sense to switch from circle names to artist names once they start publishing somewhere official.

Keeping the doujin moniker for now makes sense, but what about when it gets published? Is Yuri-Hime publishing the tank? We haven't haven't really been doujin-tagging doujin works reprinted by an official label...

(Not the only reprint this issues, it turns out: one of Miman's chapters from Hirari also got reprinted)

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

It's easy enough to just add the YH tag. What about the name, though? I know there's been a sort of "let's not worry too much about it" policy, but it might make sense to switch from circle names to artist names once they start publishing somewhere official.

Personally I'd like to use original artist's name in all cases, with the circle name as an alias, though this isn't always possible. Also, rather than saying we have a "let's not worry too much about it" policy, I think it'd be fairer to say we have a "let's not worry too much about policies" policy. I'd like to think that's slowly changing.
I switched it in this case, and I think that's a good thing to do in any future cases.

Keeping the doujin moniker for now makes sense, but what about when it gets published? Is Yuri-Hime publishing the tank? We haven't haven't really been doujin-tagging doujin works reprinted by an official label...

On second thought, it doesn't need the doujin tag, that would get messy fast. The anthology came out in September (my concept of time is way off), and was published by Ichijinsha/YH, so I went ahead and made the page for it (and added that chapter).

(Not the only reprint this issues, it turns out: one of Miman's chapters from Hirari also got reprinted)

Huh, actually didn't catch that one, interesting.

Edit: Also went ahead and added an anthology page for Game.

last edited at Nov 15, 2014 2:17PM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I switched it in this case, and I think that's a good thing to do in any future cases.

Alright, if it comes up again (and it almost will) I'll go ahead and swap the names for anybody magazine/tank publications.

On second thought, it doesn't need the doujin tag, that would get messy fast. The anthology came out in September (my concept of time is way off), and was published by Ichijinsha/YH, so I went ahead and made the page for it (and added that chapter).

And a beautiful cover, too. It looks like Fuyu no Hanashi was also included in that anthology, so I went ahead and added that. I also added a list of the missing chapters to the description, mostly in case anyone uploading a doujinshi wants to see if it was also included.

Edit: Also went ahead and added an anthology page for Game.

Looks great.

Huh, actually didn't catch that one, interesting.

I- It's not like I spent all of yesterday looking through Yuri-Hime...

(Actually, it was nice to see Yuri-Hime picking up after Hirari)

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Alright, if it comes up again (and it almost will) I'll go ahead and swap the names for anybody magazine/tank publications.

Sounds good, thanks.

And a beautiful cover, too. It looks like Fuyu no Hanashi was also included in that anthology, so I went ahead and added that. I also added a list of the missing chapters to the description, mostly in case anyone uploading a doujinshi wants to see if it was also included.

Oh, thanks (why didn't I check that...)! Nice to have that list as a reference too, seems a few of them may be in the pipeline.

Haha, do you do this sort of thing often...? Legitimate question, actually.

last edited at Nov 16, 2014 12:55AM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Haha, do you do this sort of thing often...? Legitimate question, actually.

Actually, no—I usually only get tanks. But we were having trouble getting raws for Chouchou Nannan, so I finally broke down and just ordered November's YH (and I'll pick up January's on Tuesday, I guess), and it arrived yesterday.

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

Henceforward chapters
12 (http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/henceforward_ch12) and
13 (http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/henceforward_ch13)
seem to contain identical pages, only ch13 has them ordered incorrectly: 0, 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 2, 3, ...

The download links in both chapters point to ch12.

last edited at Nov 17, 2014 4:26PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Henceforward chapters
12 (http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/henceforward_ch12) and
13 (http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/henceforward_ch13)
seem to contain identical pages, only ch13 has them ordered incorrectly: 0, 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 2, 3, ...

The download links in both chapters point to ch12.

Fixed'd.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Did a NSFW tag suggestion on Saki's newest chapter. Not sure if it went through or not, but this is what was returned.

joined Aug 1, 2013

Might be worth checking out the forum for the newest yaoi series being uploaded. Seems to be an outwardly aggressive person not too happy with what's being uploaded.

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5680-nisekoi-boyfriend-discussion?page=3

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

I've been wanting to post this for a while now, just a minor "inconvenience" whenever I use my android phone to read here.

Whenever I add a chapter of any manga using my android phone (using mobile version on a browser) to "Read", "To Read", or whatever list, it redirects me to that list with a tag on top sayin "xxx has been added to your whatever list". Instead of just having the icon changed from + to x. Thus, I have to press "back" to carry on with my read.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Hmm. I'm a bit annoyed about some spoiler outbreaks recently.
So I'm going to rant for a bit.
The spoiler mark works just fine with a post or two, but when a whole discussion appears, it becomes next to impossible not to get spoiled.
For example, the recent Gamma discussion has like, 3 pages out of 4 filled with spoilers. I would like to discuss current chapters without being surrounded with constant talk of what happens 3 volumes (and about a year of scanlation schedule) later. What's more, the density is so high I'm in constant risk of moving my mouse over the wrong place.
Or take Happy End. I didn't even read the series' discussion thread, but it's still spoiled for me. Why? Well because the forum is filled with the references to that manga's ending now! A lot of other manga discussions mention it, usually without direct spoiling but it gets pretty obvious still. What's more, those references are like, Double Spoiler (I see what I did here) - they often say "At least this manga won't end like Happy End", spoiling endings of both.

I'm not really sure if there's anything that can be done, but I though to put some suggestions after all.
They're all probably either overkill or too difficult to implement. Except maybe first one.

• Show spoilers on click, not on mouseover. It could be a setting in user's profile. With mouseover it's just too easy to accidentally show what you don't want to.
  • Some kind of...spoler-marking for the whole posts, rather than for parts of the text? Spoiler Post would be "collapsed" by default, with a button to expand it. Maybe an option when you write it, or maybe just apply it to any post with spoilers in text.
  • Separate spoiler discussion threads for series. Near to "discuss this", add "discuss spoilers".
  • When you get that moderator, give them ability to mark spoilers in other people's posts.

last edited at Nov 20, 2014 10:24AM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I just noticed today that Yuru Yuri isn't being uploaded at all. Is there any particular reason for that, or did it just get overlooked?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I just noticed today that Yuru Yuri isn't being uploaded at all. Is there any particular reason for that, or did it just get overlooked?

Bakkin Translations decided to skip to the newest Yuri Hime chapters of Yuru Yuri for scanlation instead of the ones before them, and are also currently redoing the chapters already scanlated by Dynasty a while ago. Because of the big gap in chapters between Chapter 30 and Chapter 62, the earliest chapter Bakkin have scanlated, it was decided to wait until they got around to doing 31+ before uploading any.

However, given the length of time since that was decided, and the lack of continuity anyway, we may just upload the newest chapters as is. We don't know though.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Did a NSFW tag suggestion on Saki's newest chapter. Not sure if it went through or not, but this is what was returned.

Can't duplicate this one. Try it on another chapter, is the result the same?

In list, when you check mark the box on images, it re-directs you to the image. Which it shouldn't.
http://puu.sh/cXpVm/38ea75af27.jpg

Noted, added to bugs list.

I've been wanting to post this for a while now, just a minor "inconvenience" whenever I use my android phone to read here.

Also noted.

Hmm. I'm a bit annoyed about some spoiler outbreaks recently.
So I'm going to rant for a bit.
The spoiler mark works just fine with a post or two, but when a whole discussion appears, it becomes next to impossible not to get spoiled.
For example, the recent Gamma discussion has like, 3 pages out of 4 filled with spoilers. I would like to discuss current chapters without being surrounded with constant talk of what happens 3 volumes (and about a year of scanlation schedule) later. What's more, the density is so high I'm in constant risk of moving my mouse over the wrong place.

I always keep my mouse on the far side of the screen for that reason. I get where you're coming from though, and if I hadn't already been spoiled on /u/ - somewhat intentional due to being unsure it was worth uploading - I would've been pretty miffed about that too. My one suggestion would be to talk about what you want to talk about, because typically discussion begets discussion. Unfortunately I don't have anything useful to say here, people are going to keep reading spoilers and that's just how it is.

Or take Happy End.

This one is sadly impossible to rectify.

• When you get that moderator, give them ability to mark spoilers in other people's posts.

Everyone with Uploader/Moderator privileges can do this, and if you notice any specific instances, post here and we can clean up what's missing (already did with All Hail Empress Her Majesty and Gamma). I can't comment on the other suggestions, as that's not my area of expertise.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Bakkin Translations decided to skip to the newest Yuri Hime chapters of Yuru Yuri for scanlation instead of the ones before them, and are also currently redoing the chapters already scanlated by Dynasty a while ago. Because of the big gap in chapters between Chapter 30 and Chapter 62, the earliest chapter Bakkin have scanlated, it was decided to wait until they got around to doing 31+ before uploading any.

However, given the length of time since that was decided, and the lack of continuity anyway, we may just upload the newest chapters as is. We don't know though.

Ah, I thought there must be a reason, I just couldn't work it out. That sounds like it makes sense, actually, though who knows how long that's going to take.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014
  • Show spoilers on click, not on mouseover. It could be a setting in user's profile. With mouseover it's just too easy to accidentally show what you don't want to.

I don't know exactly how this site's code works but if they just replaced the current spoilers with ones like this it'd actually be really simple.

<span style="background-color: rgb(51, 51, 51); color: rgb(51, 51, 51);" onclick="this.style.color = '#fff';">&nbsp;{TEXT}&nbsp;</span>
This works on vBulletin and phpBB forums. I'm sure if they wanted to change it the people in charge could figure out how to adapt this to the site.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Can't duplicate this one. Try it on another chapter, is the result the same?

I did a test suggestion on Gamma chapter 3 and the same happened.

last edited at Nov 20, 2014 8:41PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@Thiron your comment already got a response but I want to add little more
Think of spoilers like a necessary evil it's just a thing in the internet: people like sharing information...if you REALLY want to avoid them avoid any ongoing discussion of a manga you haven't read. If you want more info about said manga besides tags check only the 1st few comments as they are usually safe. Don't feel discouraged because of a few...or a lot of spoilers sometimes games get leaked before they are released and you can still enjoy the whole thing.

As for Crappy end well it's sort of a meme here and if you know how memes work you should know why that one is unavoidable not to mention that when someone says "that phrase" you get a clear idea without really spoiling anything important: that manga should/shouldn't be avoided. That's it!

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Damn, the kitchens strike again

joined Jul 24, 2014

uhm why I keep getting this message whenever I tried to open added chapters

"We're sorry, but something went wrong
Please contact admin@dynasty-scans.com if this problem persists."

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

uhm why I keep getting this message whenever I tried to open added chapters

"We're sorry, but something went wrong
Please contact admin@dynasty-scans.com if this problem persists."

Which chapter(s) specifically? What browser(s) have you tried using?

Late edit, also head to the new thread please: http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5734-suggestions-for-improvement-v3?page=4

last edited at Dec 15, 2014 5:11PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.