Forum › My Two Mommies discussion

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I don't understand this manga at all. How is it Himari's fault that Shiro abandoned its kitten? Why is feeding a stray cat lumped in with abandoning one yourself? The messaging about taking responsibility makes sense of neglecting an adopted cat, but I don't see how it pertains to feeding strays at all.

You could say Kanda was overreacting quite a bit, but in Japan a lot of cats are abandoned because most people live in apartments and don't have room for them. Some people also end up abandoning kittens after they grow up because they aren't cute anymore (basically the focus on Japan's "cute" culture). Those same cats are put in places that euthanize them a few days after because of over capacity. I guess that's what she meant by "not taking responsibility".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3nGPSM98Ng&t=148s

Webp.net-compress-image
joined Aug 15, 2020

This is why spay and neutering is important

joined May 24, 2019

One week later, people are still talking, gushing out praise and debating the fine details of this oneshot!

Actually, no surprise. After all, the story is all about pussy.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

One week later, people are still talking, gushing out praise and debating the fine details of this oneshot!

giggles quietly in the corner

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

If feeding cats is wrong then so is this: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/a_cute_bird_comes_to_an_office_lady_who_is_tired_and_healed_by_birdwatching
This too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=24&v=E_rM3-Lf2EE&feature=emb_logo
It seems like the Nirvana Fallacy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_fallacy (edit: random already said this.)

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 9:30PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

If feeding cats is wrong then so is this: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/a_cute_bird_comes_to_an_office_lady_who_is_tired_and_healed_by_birdwatching
This too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=24&v=E_rM3-Lf2EE&feature=emb_logo
It seems like the Nirvana Fallacy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_fallacy

Did you really just post links to a fantastical story that has nothing to do with actual animals AND a story that supports my entire argument?

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

You don't see a reference to real animals on this page?
I'm not sure why you think the starfish story supports letting cats starve to death, but looking back I see that self-contradiction so I'll stop here.

@random: Didn't realize you already brought that up--sorry.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

You don't see a reference to real animals on this page?

Wild birds do not require anywhere near the amount of care as a domesticated animal. In fact, they require no care at all, and don't even have to be fed with bird feeders. People just do it so they can see the birds in their yards. Plus, the actual story is about a bird-girl, which is something that doesn't exist. The starfish story is about returning the starfish to their home, and finding the stray animals a home is exactly what I was talking about.

The Nirvana Fallacy is not applicable here, because I'm not advocating going out and finding a home for every stray animal that exists; that's ludicrous. The point is that you not half-ass it or make the situation worse if you happen to come across one. And I take great offense that you thought for an instant that I was advocating letting the animals starve to death.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 11:19PM

Cat1
joined Jun 19, 2020

And then the kitty passes away and they are no longer mommy friends as there is nothing there connecting them anymore.......

That can be the next Drama part XD

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Cat1
joined Jun 19, 2020

giggles quietly in the corner

Hahaha

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Just going to leave this right here in case anyone else feels like contradicting what vets and animal experts say about stray animals. This article puts it much more articulately than I ever could.

https://pethelpful.com/pet-ownership/Stray-Animals-Should-You-Help-or-Ignore

joined Jul 26, 2016

...you do realise Japan's feral cat population goes back like 400+ years right.

Kinda late to start worrying about pretty much anything related to them.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Your attempt to trivialize a serious topic with a dead meme just to personally attack me is beyond pathetic.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Isn't it amusing how some people assume the world revolves around them?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

You know what? You're right. It's lame that I assume that was directed at me, the person who's been trying the most to defend the entire point of this story in this thread. It's pathetic of you to make a meme out of a serious situation like this regardless of who it's directed at.

joined Jul 26, 2016

It's pathetic of you to make a meme out of a serious situation like this regardless of who it's directed at.

something something four hundred years

Seriously get off your high horse, these aren't some runaway pets we're talking about here but a thriving feral population that's by now as much a normal part of the local ecosystem as anything else.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

There's nothing in the story to indicate whether that was a feral cat or a domesticated runaway, so your previous comment and this one is irrelevant. The girls in the story did the right thing in not simply feeding it and going away. Get over it and get on with your life instead of continuing to fail at convincing anyone that your irresponsible self-gratification is the right thing to do. I'm permanently done with this thread.

joined Jul 26, 2016

There's nothing in the story to indicate whether that was a feral cat or a domesticated runaway, so your previous comment and this one is irrelevant.

Distinction without difference because loose cats demonstrably survive perfectly fine in Japan regardless of what people do or don't. As they do anywhere they can find prey and survive the climate (read as "winters" which is why we don't have a feral population this far north) - that indeed being why they're a problematic invasive species in many corners of the world they've been introduced to by human activity.

Really not seeing where you're getting this bizarre notion cats are some fragile hothouse flowers completely dependent on human patronage for survival. The little furballs are hypercarnivores par excellence and duly literally born killers; even completely domestic ones that never wanted for anything have it hardwired into their brains to exercise their hunting instincts as much as circumstances allow, and if allowed to roam free in environs with suitable prey in very short order turn into needle-toothed terrors of the undergrowth that proudly bring their human companions dead and dying little critters.

The whole relationship between our two species is rooted in their splendid ability to massacre troublesome small animals out of the corners of our abodes, after all.

The girls in the story did the right thing in not simply feeding it and going away. Get over it and get on with your life instead of continuing to fail at convincing anyone that your irresponsible self-gratification is the right thing to do.

Completely arbitrary holier-than-thou assumptions about other peoples' actions and motivations thereof really don't help your case you know. They just make you look like a posturing, pretentious twat with delusions of moral superiority.

Which is kind of the whole problem with the supposed Aesop of the story too ofc.

I'm permanently done with this thread.

Suuuuuuuuure.

"I'm taking my toys and going home because you all poopyheads" also doesn't reflect very well on either your character or your position, just sayin'.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

I'm permanently done with this thread.

Suuuuuuuuure.

"I'm taking my toys and going home because you all poopyheads" also doesn't reflect very well on either your character or your position, just sayin'.

Good job getting him to bring out his catchphrase. Translation: "I'll wait a bit, then come back to complain some more!"

A pregnant cat might have trouble getting food on her own. If Himari hadn't gotten close to Shiro, she might not have been there to find the lost kitten.

joined Jul 26, 2016

A pregnant cat might have trouble getting food on her own. If Himari hadn't gotten close to Shiro, she might not have been there to find the lost kitten.

With pretty much the sole exception of the highly social lions all true cats are solitary creatures and the females fend for themselves regardless of whether they're gravid or nursing, though. Ones that fail to do so for whatever reason get duly removed from the gene pool by the usual natural selection pressures.

To reply you must either login or sign up.