Forum › Magic of Stella discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yes! Act out more yuri scenes! Then drop the acting part and just do more yuri!

"goggles on"

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yes! Act out more yuri scenes! Then drop the acting part and just do more yuri!

"goggles on"

Yuri? In a manga about cool old men? Heresy!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Wow, that's harsh. I was kinda sympathetic with Kanade before, but it seems to me now that she is actively projecting her own insecurity onto Kayo. She didn't make it as a musician (and gave up on it), and now she believes that she somehow mind-controlled Kayo into practicing her own musical talent.

joined Jan 21, 2015

I requested an Aaaaaangst tag for this chapter because it seemed appropriate, but it looks like it didn't go through. Ah well.

Probably the heaviest chapter yet, and somehow I'm not annoyed? I might even prefer dramatic chapters/arcs to the comedic ones. In fact, I think cloba.U thrives when he's making his characters suffer. Dude loves his angst.

I wonder if it's time to request a subtext tag? Tamaki gets enough teasing with her revolving door of pseudo-love interests to warrant it, I think.

Wow, that's harsh. I was kinda sympathetic with Kanade before, but it seems to me now that she is actively projecting her own insecurity onto Kayo. She didn't make it as a musician (and gave up on it), and now she believes that she somehow mind-controlled Kayo into practicing her own musical talent.

I hadn't thought about it that way. I think Kayo is an asshole teenager (love the kid, but she's got her head up her own ass sometimes) who belligerently refused to deal with the fact that her sister's love for music isn't as deep as her own, but you're probavly right, Kanade doesn't have a very adult way of dealing with the situation despite being older.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Short form, the Fujikawa sisters are both quite some pieces of work all right.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I've been meaning to read this but only after watching the anime. I finally binged it, so I guess I can finally read the manga.

Also why has this not released since last december? The manga hasn't been finished or cancelled afaik.

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 3:23AM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Also why has this not released since last december? The manga hasn't been finished or cancelled afaik.

The translator had to step down. We'll get back to work if we can find someone else.

I do recommend the six volumes that have been translated, though. The anime is this sort of by-the-numbers Cute Girls Doing Cute Things series with weird humor and hints of something more. The manga is... a lot more. Even the publisher joked about it recently, tweeting something along the lines of "This has nothing to do with the anime at this point".

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

The translator had to step down. We'll get back to work if we can find someone else.

I do recommend the six volumes that have been translated, though. The anime is this sort of by-the-numbers Cute Girls Doing Cute Things series with weird humor and hints of something more. The manga is... a lot more. Even the publisher joked about it recently, tweeting something along the lines of "This has nothing to do with the anime at this point".

I see. Hopefully you find another translator.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Wait
How does she stick that to her hair?

magic of stella glue pretty sure those kinda things have a pin or clasp on the back for exactly that purpose...?

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Wait
How does she stick that to her hair?

magic of stella glue pretty sure those kinda things have a pin or clasp on the back for exactly that purpose...?

But we've seen both sides and it doesn't have anything like that. (edit: wording)

Edit: Now I'm disappointed the anime cut that "it's the swimsuit chapter" gag.

last edited at Jun 21, 2020 10:02PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

That's likely a programming joke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/255_(number)

Who knows how many of those went right over my head while reading.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

^oh, I see.

What I don't see is any way these hand positions would work, assuming they're facing the camera (which is what it looks like):

I tried mimicking the hand pose to the right and it just caused me pain.

last edited at Jul 4, 2020 2:09PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Finally reached the end of the translation. Hope a new translator is found soon.

joined Jan 21, 2015

New chapter is out. I sent the upload request for Dynasty, but if anyone sees this and doesn't want to wait, they can check it out over at that big reader website, you know the one.

There are so many things I love about volume 7 and I'm excited for people to see it for themselves. If they're still reading, that is.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I'm still reading, and it's good to see it return. :-)

1477465_586288244777401_27136011_n
joined Dec 15, 2013

Me too,I'm really glad it's back here. :3

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I'm so glad this is back

I forgot to comment on it when I noticed, though lol

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Shiina's mom is too real. :-(

But other than that, chapter 69 (nice) is actually quite informative about game design. It discusses all four of the main progression methods in games: skill, grind, luck, and pay.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Aaand bi disaster Yumine is forced to come to terms with her feelings. We've known for a while, but she was still trying to deny them. I liked how Marika took one look at the situation and deduced "Ooh, love triangle!" while Yumine desperately tried to explain things in platonic terms.

joined Jul 20, 2011

Aaaand Nono-chan got herself a girlfriend.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I love how this manga has been getting progressively gayer

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm not sure if these two can quite be termed disaster lesbians (seeing the alacrity with which they got to the core of the matter) but they're various other kinds of disasters all right lmao

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I'm not sure if these two can quite be termed disaster lesbians (seeing the alacrity with which they got to the core of the matter) but they're various other kinds of disasters all right lmao

Disastrous disasters

To reply you must either login or sign up.