Forum › Assault lily

king Leylard the second
Suichan%20ll99
joined Jun 27, 2020

Assault Lily is going to have an adaptation anime in summer anime, let's talk about it.
I think it might have some yuri moments, or yuri shiping.
It's my first time to edit -->﹏<--- Take care of me////.....

last edited at Jul 8, 2020 12:12PM

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Well, it's out.

Shaft isn't known to disappoint, and the lily imagery is a bit too thick for it not to be yuri... Guess we'll see (though those who read the novels would know).

last edited at Oct 2, 2020 8:43AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well, the first episode had one girl confess her love to another, so I think we can safely conclude that it's going to have yuri

So, it's okay. Definitely otaku-pandering, but there's clear effort put into it, which is more than you can say about most of these sort of things

(though those who read the novels would know)

Wait, novels? This is the first I've heard of them

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I watched the first episode, and it was... fine? Seemed kinda uneven in a lot of places- they spent a ton of time expositing about the monsters while literally just stating the obvious (there are giant monsters, special schoolgirls fight them, etc), but then threw a ton of odd terminology in halfway through that could have used an explanation, but didn't get addressed in any way.
Most of the charactes seem painfully generic, both design and personality-wise, and I was struggling not to wince under the waves and waves of one-trait anime archetypes filling up the screen. It felt like diving into a gacha game with zero context, and I'm not certain they'll get any development.
The direction was great, if somewhat male-gazey, and the fact that every single one of the girls has that same fetishistic 'thicc-thighs' body type is definitely dumb. Shaft's characteristic direction can lend a ton of momentum to scenes, but it also feels like a 40 year old man using a camera to lick an underaged girl's body over from every angle. At least the fight scenes were good, and devoid of pantyshots and other bullshit.
On the Yuri front, the show has potential, but will probably break no new ground. I hate how Riri and Yuyu are literally shown together in every single Op and Ed shot, but still have other girls fawning over them in the show. You know that none of it is gonna go anywhere but the 'main' ship route of Edgy Black Haired Girl and Naive Pink Haired Genki Girl. It just feels needlessly cruel to the others, because they'll probably get killed off for drama or just have an episode where they realize that they aren't the Chosen Ones and slink away.
All in all, a very good looking show that still can't hide a bundle of tired tropes and mediocre writing underneath all that Shaft polish. It'll probably pull a Madoka-esque twist at some point, although even that tends to be more of a recipe for torturing lolis than it is for compelling stories. Then again, considering that this franchise was based off a toy line, I can kinda see the blatantly merchandise-oriented philosophy at work here.
I guess there's nothing to do but wait and see.

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

I watched the first episode, and it was... fine? Seemed kinda uneven in a lot of places- they spent a ton of time expositing about the monsters while literally just stating the obvious (there are giant monsters, special schoolgirls fight them, etc), but then threw a ton of odd terminology in halfway through that could have used an explanation, but didn't get addressed in any way.
Most of the charactes seem painfully generic, both design and personality-wise, and I was struggling not to wince under the waves and waves of one-trait anime archetypes filling up the screen. It felt like diving into a gacha game with zero context, and I'm not certain they'll get any development.
The direction was great, if somewhat male-gazey, and the fact that every single one of the girls has that same fetishistic 'thicc-thighs' body type is definitely dumb. Shaft's characteristic direction can lend a ton of momentum to scenes, but it also feels like a 40 year old man using a camera to lick an underaged girl's body over from every angle. At least the fight scenes were good, and devoid of pantyshots and other bullshit.
On the Yuri front, the show has potential, but will probably break no new ground. I hate how Riri and Yuyu are literally shown together in every single Op and Ed shot, but still have other girls fawning over them in the show. You know that none of it is gonna go anywhere but the 'main' ship route of Edgy Black Haired Girl and Naive Pink Haired Genki Girl. It just feels needlessly cruel to the others, because they'll probably get killed off for drama or just have an episode where they realize that they aren't the Chosen Ones and slink away.
All in all, a very good looking show that still can't hide a bundle of tired tropes and mediocre writing underneath all that Shaft polish. It'll probably pull a Madoka-esque twist at some point, although even that tends to be more of a recipe for torturing lolis than it is for compelling stories. Then again, considering that this franchise was based off a toy line, I can kinda see the blatantly merchandise-oriented philosophy at work here.
I guess there's nothing to do but wait and see.

^^^

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

That's about what I inferred from the blurbs I'd seen. Ah well, I guess I'll keep looking for something besides Adachi & Shimamura to justify a Wakanim subscription for this season.

last edited at Oct 2, 2020 2:10PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.