Forum › Though The Wind Cries discussion

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Hohoho! Oh my god, this is amazing!!

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I remember reading this before. It's still just as intense and poignant as the first time.

Tumblr_m6qk60jppk1r95frro1_500
joined May 28, 2013

This is brilliant - I loved it. But I don't understand how Sanae travelled through time.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Travelled through time?
Sanae isn't Suwako's daughter - she's her distant descendant after many generations. That's actually canon, btw.
You can see Suwako's daughter growing up and getting married:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/though_the_wind_cries_though_the_wind_cries_first_part#86

last edited at Jul 27, 2013 6:59AM

Tumblr_m6qk60jppk1r95frro1_500
joined May 28, 2013

Travelled through time?
Sanae isn't Suwako's daughter - she's her distant descendant after many generations. That's actually canon, btw.
You can see Suwako's daughter growing up and getting married:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/though_the_wind_cries_though_the_wind_cries_first_part#86

Ahhh now it makes sense. I initially thought Sanae's mother was Suwako's daughter and that her God half made her able to live long and that Sanae was thus her granddaughter but the flashback stuff confused me.
Thank you for clearing it up!!!

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

What a manga.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Holy crap that was awesome. I especially loved the first half, Suwako's majesty and her joy, but the second half was extremely poignant as well. And I just have to say, it is freakin' incredible the sort of things which Touhou has produced. I can't thank you guys enough for beginning to bring the manga and doujins here, as without the extra encouragement it would've probably taken me forever to feel up to getting into such an extensive series.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

You know, I'd love to see a doujin about Suwako telling Sanae that they are related.
If I'm not mistaken, in canon Sanae didn't know about it when they came to Gensokyo, but did learn some time after off-screen.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You know, I'd love to see a doujin about Suwako telling Sanae that they are related.
If I'm not mistaken, in canon Sanae didn't know about it when they came to Gensokyo, but did learn some time after off-screen.

Is it in canon now? One of the novels, maybe?

I'd love to get confirmation.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Hm. I saw it in wiki, but after some search I didn't manage to find any confirmation or even any hint that Sanae actually learned about it... So I guess [Citation Needed], huh.

It would still make an interesting doujin.

last edited at Oct 27, 2014 12:14AM

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

This was really well done. Need more deep backstory doujin's like this.

joined Oct 29, 2019

The "Rape" tag is fine to remove, right? It's not exactly the main thing, and I don't think people that click it is looking for a drama-focus story like this

Nekona Shirofumi
joined Mar 30, 2021

the story was really great twas a nice read :D

joined May 26, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/though_the_wind_cries_though_the_wind_cries_first_part#77
I have to wonder how the hell are there still that many people alive after that giant drought
Also is the people giving Suwako the dagger the same person that gave it to her the first time?
It seems to me faith is like a really cheap thing, easily gained, easily lost
A drought literally just occurred, many lives lost, people thinking Suwako abandoned them, yet all it took was a rain shower for all of them to worship Suwako again?

last edited at Jun 17, 2021 10:30PM

12hypalickl
joined Aug 20, 2021

It seems to me faith is like a really cheap thing, easily gained, easily lost
A drought literally just occurred, many lives lost, people thinking Suwako abandoned them, yet all it took was a rain shower for all of them to worship Suwako again?

Who knows? There might be few of them who really still have their faith in Suwako even after the war as a genuine gratitude and still waiting for her. But yeah you might not be far off from that (given the timeline and civilization of the setting, it's not hard to imagine for me).

last edited at Sep 7, 2021 11:31PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.