Forum › Maple Sugar discussion

joined Apr 14, 2013

Haha that credits page is the best

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Dammit Sekihara! Y u no have both characters give each other pleasure! It's always showing us just 1 doing the other...

Well, was cute :p

joined Jul 13, 2014

Go for it! Miyuki!

Applicationframehost_2019-05-26_18-54-02
joined Sep 22, 2014

i love niratama's art, but i do wish they'd do more stuff like nightmare box and etc. i don't mind their precure and love live stuff at all, but.. it'd be nice if there was more plot/emotion to them than just two girls in the same room -> hey, let's have sex. i always read them though, if only because i love their style.

joined Jan 8, 2014

I like a healthy balance of plot and nsfw, and well also nsfw, and also plot...but I wasnt really feeling this one...??? It was like written for that moment where she asks to be held by her...but I dont think it was conveyed very well...im being picky tonight I guess..

joined Mar 30, 2012

Well it wasn't very smooth, suddenly went into it, guess it almost feels like it was rushed if there was an actual story not that there really was any haha. It was a bit cute at the end.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Aw I got my hopes up that both girls would be satisfied but I mean it is SekIhara. And yea the plot was pretty non existance. And it wasn't Reika with Nao. Not that I've seen actually PreCure Still really excited for Round 4 though!

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 7:20AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

googled anon working on low tier crackshit

No surprise here.

Someone didn't watch the Cinderella episode

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Someone didn't watch the Cinderella episode

Oh, someone did. And they were also smart enough to know that every time characters talk it isn't a secret code for they want to have sex.

Considering the kind of show this is, that statement doesn't really apply solely to crack pairings, does it?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

googled anon working on low tier crackshit

No surprise here.

Aww, did someone not get their favourite pairing catered to? Come on, you can cry on my shoulder.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Aww, did someone not get their favourite pairing catered to? Come on, you can cry on my shoulder.

I don't even like precure in general. That doesn't change anything about the quality of this.

There, there. Let it all about. Show me on the doll where the bad artist drew something you didn't approve of.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There, there. Let it all about. Show me on the doll where the bad artist drew something you didn't approve of.

Oh, I get it. You don't have any intention of having a real conversation, or discussion. You don't care about the characters or the content, all you want to do is go "wah, someone said something negative".

Sorry for wasting your time. Thought you might actually want to say something of substance.

I really don't think someone who starts by whining about "crackshit" really has much place to talk about substance.

But it is amusing how you were so arrogant as to assume obvious sarcasm was support.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Hello to you too, Broken English Victimization Anon. Nice to see you made a Dynasty account for the sole purpose of whining about something I was involved with. LOVING that inventive username, btw.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

My English is far broken.

Yeah, you totally convinced me there.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

@Nezchan
Didn't you say something awhile ago about how some stroking themselves to the idea that someone might care about the characters is pathetic? Well, that's what "crackshit" is. Not caring about the characters.

But the reason I say this is because it seems like you pick fights with anyone who doesn't conform to your hugbox.

So...100% of the evidence that Sekihara doesn't care about the characters is doing a doujin of an uncommon pairing? All righty then.

It's hard to take someone seriously who uses "hugbox" though, given the sort of person who usually tosses that around as an insult.

joined Feb 28, 2014

My English is far broken.

Yeah, you totally convinced me there.

Sarcasm is rough, huh?

@Nezchan
Didn't you say something awhile ago about how some stroking themselves to the idea that someone might care about the characters is pathetic? Well, that's what "crackshit" is. Not caring about the characters.

But the reason I say this is because it seems like you pick fights with anyone who doesn't conform to your hugbox.

So...100% of the evidence that Sekihara doesn't care about the characters is doing a doujin of an uncommon pairing? All righty then.

It's hard to take someone seriously who uses "hugbox" though, given the sort of person who usually tosses that around as an insult.

But it's not "just an uncommon paring". It's ignoring the characters so you can pair them up based on some shallow traits. They don't care about the characters so much as just those superficial traits.

joined Sep 14, 2011

Take it off the boards, please.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Pretentious preaching about "not caring about the characters" aside. Miyuki x Reika isn't a crackship in the first place. 'Cause out of the entirety of Smile Precure, the Cinderella episode is one of the best and only examples of romantic subtext between any of the girls.

If people want to accuse MiyuRei of being crackshit, I dunno what that makes all Smile Precure doujinshi. Considering that the supposedly most popular ship, NaoRei, was built on nothing but squinting too hard at the phrase "childhood friends" and people drawing premature assumptions from KomaKaren (Yes 5! Precure). I kinda have to laugh at the delusional type of yuri fan who might've jumped on that bandwagon so hard they'd actually accuse other pairings of being crack ships. Talk about living in your own delusions, haha.

Incidentally, although not enough to apparently make it mainstream as far as doujin content goes, YayoRei remains the Smile Precure pairing which received the most actual substantial subtext by the end of the series. AkaNao makes for the better Nao pairing as well, thank you Hikawa Shou. Unfortunately, the subtext in Smile was such that AkaNao didn't show up in any obvious way until after half the season was over with ep. 25, and YayoRei until even later with the first solid example in ep. 35 (followed by showing up in the Cinderella episode along with MiyuRei at ep. 39). This meant that for more than half a season yuri fans had nothing to do aside from grasp at the "childhood friends" setting of NaoRei, and that's how we end up with a Precure season whose most popular pairing was practically non-existent in-canon. Too bad.

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 5:30PM

joined Nov 11, 2010

Ignorance must be bliss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVD0nLeAA5M
You sure have a nice long post that amounts to almost nothing.

Ahahaha. Not that it works as is on anyone who watched the show in the first place, but why don't you try pulling that shit with actual subs? You're trying to preach about 'different types of character interactions', when the entirety of NaoRei 'evidence' (as you've suitably demonstrated) comes down to "they were on screen at the same time!" or "they talked to each other!". Your position comes off as pure hypocrisy when you can't make a single reference to anything Nao or Reika actually said to each other. "Caring about the characters"? Lol, what a joke.

AkaNao makes for the better Nao pairing as well
Akane: the only girl in Smile proven to be explicitly straight
Better for yuri anything

I giggled a little bit at that. Do you think Hime from HaCha is good for yuri?

Hormonal young teenagers in an all-girls show are always good for yuri, :P. If you're talking realistically, I'd say AkaNao is just as likely (or unlikely) as Akane x Brian to actually end up happening.

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 6:19PM

joined Nov 11, 2010

but why don't you try pulling that shit with actual subs

Because I just typed れいか なお into youtube and took the first reasonable result. Didn't know I had to spoonfeed that hard.

It's a question of transparency of evidence. I can handle Precure-level Japanese just fine, but there's no point in engaging a discussion with you if other people can't follow it.

comes down to "they were on screen at the same time!" or "they talked to each other!"

Good thing that's not what it was at all. Maybe you should rewatch it subbed. Guess I'll baby you and point out one of their biggest scenes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVD0nLeAA5M#t=505

A 2 second clip of Nao reacting to Reika having disappeared? When something like that would be natural for anybody in a battle situation like the Precure? What's that supposed to prove exactly?

joined Nov 11, 2010

But... it's not all girls, for one. See Brian. And the only reason Akane x Brain will not happen is because he hardly knows her name. And secondly, AkaNao will not happen because they have no romantic esque subtext development with each other.

Smile Precure is effectively an all-girls show because any (non-villain) males are basically side-characters who barely even show up for single episodes. The fact that Brian returns to another country makes his potential impact on the show's yuri effectively irrelevant.
Akane and Nao, meanwhile, have a healthy competitive comradery which makes for pretty good chemistry. As Smile Precure goes, it's one of the better pairings.

Two totally different reasons for not happening. Not to mention, as I said, she's confirmed straight.

It should be pretty common knowledge that women seem to inherently have more sexual plasticity than men. The fact that Akane was attracted to a guy does not cross out the possibility of being attracted to girls. See: the concept of bisexuality.

The evidence is there, and if you need to work to understand it, so be it. It's not the other persons just to hand you things on a silver plate.

As I said, transparency is for the benefit of other readers. If you can't commit to having a legit debate which an audience can observe impartially then this discussion would be for me pointless.

A 2 second clip of Nao reacting to Reika having disappeared? When something like that would be natural for anybody in a battle situation like the Precure? What's that supposed to prove exactly?

It's actually closer to 1 second, and you didn't even watch past that one second, did you? To Nao's little speech about Reika. Or any other scene past that point for that matter are pretty big NaoRei moments.

The scenes following that are cherrypicked from a Reika episode which contains plenty of similar emotion from the other characters. That's why I said it's a question of "content", what the characters actually say. Nao doesn't want Reika to leave as an exchange student. Neither does anyone else in the group. Wow, that's some really special ship material, huh?

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 6:59PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Ironically, the Brian episode contained perhaps the greatest Nissan shipping moment in the series (ie. when Nao tries to practise confessing with Akane).

joined Nov 11, 2010

good chemistry

This phrase needs to be shot. It means nothing other than "I subjectivly like how they look together". Don't try to use it. They fit well together as friends. Nothing more.

"Chemistry" is subjective, sure, but it's about interactions, not looks. If you want an objective answer to the question of whether Akane should be written out of yuri pairings, though, why not do a search of Akane pairings i.e. on pixiv.

Right, I have seen it. I also know it's not a cover all excuse for making any two girls you like together a yuri pair. We know how Akane acts with a love interest, and it's not how she acts with Nao.

A single encounter with probably the first guy Akane got particularly close to in her middle schooler life does not define her entire lifetime of romances. Especially considering she is so young, fact is that you have extremely weak evidence to declare that Akane is completely straight.

I don't think you understand how real debate works, and you're just trying to nitpick anything you can.

What it really comes down to is that I'm not actually interested in debating you but rather in publicly demonstrating how you're wrong. I see that this train of discussion is pointless however so let me conclude it with this: http://bakabt.me/details.php?id=170044&page=0
^ There's a link to a batch torrent of Smile Precure. Everyone, please watch it (it's actually a pretty great and fun series) and decide if Nao and Reika are actually 'canon' for yourselves.

Now you're just trying to say all the scenes pointed out mean nothing. Before you were saying the only thing it had going for it was "childhood friend shipping". Now it's "they have moments, but they don't count because reasons."

I've said that all the scenes pointed out mean nothing from the beginning. Fact is that Nao and Reika have practically zero moments which really highlights them as more than friends. It's your job to indicate how the scenes you've shown actually do so. Unless you actually think those clips from the Japanese raws speak for themselves, in which case I invite people to watch the actual episode (for the record, ep. 43).

Not really, even if you try to say they do. Even the show itself pairs them up. At the climax of the series Nao and Rei hug each other when they think Happy died. Why not Nao and Akane if they're such a "supported pair".

Characters being paired up on screen doesn't make them a couple. Especially not to the point of making others "crack" ships. If you're just looking for little special moments which could "mean something", there are tons of other things which you could also bring up for other pairs (like the fact that Nao + Akane and Yayoi + Reika were the only pairs to receive combined special attacks, for example), but the thing is that two characters just being on screen together or doing something together doesn't make them an established couple. It takes actual characterization and dialogue.

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 7:53PM

joined Nov 11, 2010

That means the same thing. "You like how their interactions look". You know, because you are the one viewing the interactions.

This is a really dumb example of equivocation, and I'm starting to question your argumentative skills. Interactions refer to how the characters react to each other. Looks refers to how the characters aesthetically appear. They actually do constitute differing reasons for being attracted to a fictional couple.

No, fanart objective. I have no idea why you think this. People will always ship straight girls, just like fujo's will always ship straights males. The real question you need to ask yourself is do you want to be in the same category as fujos?

Good job reflecting the environment you come from/your pigheaded prejudices, lol. There is nothing actually wrong with fujos, just like there is nothing actually wrong with doujinshi. If you're one of those uptight types who can't handle anything remotely 'non-canon' you shouldn't be reading doujinshi at all.

I see you're completely missing the point. Thought I made it clear. For someone who's trying to use interactions as proof of something you sure seem to like ignoring the ones that are inconvenient for you. The point is we see how Akane interacts with someone she's romantically attracted to, and it's not how she acts with Nao. Each new romance does not mean you act like a new person with each one. She'll still have similar actions with other love interests that are not Brain.

What you're basically saying is that there's only one way a person ever falls in love. False. It might not come about from conscious pursuit by Akane, but there's nothing actually saying AkaNao can't happen.

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 8:36PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What it really comes down to is that I'm not actually interested in debating you but rather in publicly demonstrating how you're wrong. I see that this train of discussion is pointless however so let me conclude it with this: http://bakabt.me/details.php?id=170044&page=0
^ There's a link to a batch torrent of Smile Precure. Everyone, please watch it (it's actually a pretty great and fun series) and decide if Nao and Reika are actually 'canon' for yourselves.

I'm...a bit afraid of that link. It may devour my brain, time and bandwidth in one blow!

To reply you must either login or sign up.