Forum › Middle School Erika and Miho 1 discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Froggy - san made me laugh :)

Its pretty funny but I kinda dont see why its GnP instead of an original- if you change the setting and characters SO much its basically not GnP, just another story in the same world- I think it woulda been better with new characters.

last edited at Mar 1, 2020 12:33PM

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Froggy - san made me laugh :)

Its pretty funny but I kinda dont see why its GnP instead of an original- if you change the setting and characters SO much its basically not GnP, just another story in the same world- I think it woulda been better with new characters.

People can change drastically in the course of a few years. This is set almost half a decade before GnP proper, and from the few flashbacks to the Nishizumi sisters' younger days in Der Film, Maho was a lot more emotionally expressive as a child.

Besides, you act as if no studio or writer has ever made a spin-off where the characters' personalities are quite different (e.g. far more prone to emotional outbursts) for the sake of comedy.

439fd417db3b8250e628d9360cc82281
joined Jun 2, 2019

I honestly never understood this ship. Like Erika straight up bitch slapped Miho just because she went easy on her in the manga.

last edited at Mar 1, 2020 3:49PM

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

#1 , theres gonna be more yay

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@MarqFJA87 I know others have done it before that doesn't mean its a good idea to chance characters to do a more comedic spin off or whatever - to me it just makes them seem like different people. I can not see Miho as a tomboy kid at all lol.

I know its not unrealistic people can sometimes greatly change, but without context it still doesn't feel right to me.
But I can still enjoy it as a fun spin off.

I also dont get why so many Gnp doujins feature Erika so much- she was literally the least likable character in the show.

last edited at Mar 1, 2020 5:26PM

joined Apr 15, 2018

I also dont get why so many Gnp doujins feature Erika so much- she was literally the least likable character in the show.

More than MEXT guy? More than Shiho?

Erika got a lot of points from me for her final scene in the last episode, where she offers Miho a genuine smile in the end, demonstrating that she does, in fact, understand good sportsmanship, however she'd been acting until that point. There's also the way that she's portrayed in Ribbon Warrior, offering HER understanding of where the Nishizumi style went wrong, and how its practitioners are trying to modify it without abandoning it altogether. It's unfortunate that Finale 2 portrays her as just imitating Maho's command style, rather than finding her own ...

last edited at Mar 1, 2020 5:56PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Ok not more than creepyguy or Miho's failure of a mother and commander lol.

And I will giver her ONE point for proving she wasn't irredimably terrible in every aspect for the last ep bit- but that hardly offsets all the rest lol.

joined Mar 15, 2015

It's nice to see Miho in middle school, a period that isn't so much as hinted at in canon, so we have no real idea what happened between Little Army and when Miho arrived at Kuromorimine.

Of course, Miho and Erika hardly seemed like how I imagined them.Miho never struck me as the tomboy type, nor the kind who'd be so familiar with Erika. As for Erika, my personal headcanon was that she might have been willing to accept that Miho was a better choice for Maho's second in command, at least before Miho saved the tank and cost them the match.

Then again, part of the appeal for Erika/Miho seems to be the "cracky" nature of the ship. The first Erika/Miho fic I saw was "Girls und Panzer: Hope Dies," in which their being in a relationship is a major surprise. In that fic, Erika says she initially hated Miho for costing Kuromorimine the victory, but eventually forgave her, and they eventually started a secret romantic relationship. Of course, that's not nearly as unbelievable as Yukari murdering Miho for rejecting her love confession in that same fic.

439fd417db3b8250e628d9360cc82281
joined Jun 2, 2019

It's nice to see Miho in middle school, a period that isn't so much as hinted at in canon, so we have no real idea what happened between Little Army and when Miho arrived at Kuromorimine.

Actually the first half of the manga Erika's Phase take place in middle school and Miho is featured heavily in that.

last edited at Mar 2, 2020 3:34PM

joined Mar 15, 2015

Actually the first half of the manga Erika's Phase take place in middle school and Miho is featured heavily in that.

Ah, I stand corrected. I personally haven't really kept up much with the post der Film canon, since my interest in GuP isn't what it used to be.

joined Dec 5, 2018

@MarqFJA87 I know others have done it before that doesn't mean its a good idea to chance characters to do a more comedic spin off or whatever - to me it just makes them seem like different people. I can not see Miho as a tomboy kid at all lol.

I know its not unrealistic people can sometimes greatly change, but without context it still doesn't feel right to me.
But I can still enjoy it as a fun spin off.

actually, Miho is quite of a tomboy when she was a kid. there some offcial art about kid Miho and they described Miho as an tomboy that like to catch bug and frog and usually had misschief prank planing, like using a frog to make her mom scare since Shiho actually can't handle frog and bug

To reply you must either login or sign up.