Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

mindless tirade that marginalizes people that are different from them

Why the fuck does this part of that sentence sound familiar.

I'd think on this site in partiular it's a common memory. This is exactly how people against the LGBT have always argued. In the end discrimination can come from outside and from within. Phobia or extreme puritans, both are wrong, for absolute extremes will never reflect reality accurately. The moment you declare your opinion as fact, discourse becomes meaningless, because it's not a matter of deciding which of you is closer to the truth or whether there can be a compromise of opinions... It's defending the very preconceived reality of a person. And the human brain HATES being contradicted on a fundamental level.

The truth is, there are no absolute facts in this world. Even a scientific fact can be disputed and eventually replaced if a better understanding of a matter is developed. But statements like the one mentioned are not even based on scientific facts, but merely a very strong opinion. Mixed in with every somewhat reasonable point is some extreme bias. If we get to a point where they become inseperable, things turn ugly.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Life feels meaningless at the moment

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Taking the thoughts I had yesterday right before sleep into consideration, this sentence hits a bit too close to home

joined Oct 22, 2018

Just felt like sharing this amazing piece of music here (since with losing my ability to access Discord due to it being open on my grandma's computer and not my brother's). Please enjoy

joined Dec 18, 2019

We have a DVC Resale 2019 business and can help both buyers and sellers navigate the process on the DVC resale market.
Link removed, virus stuck behind paywal

last edited at Dec 18, 2019 12:01PM by OrangePekoe

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Does the link come with a free virus or can I get that separately?

last edited at Dec 18, 2019 9:47AM

joined May 8, 2017

I think you have to pay extra for that computer-crashing virus

joined Oct 22, 2018

Does the link come with a free virus or can I get that separately?

This poor way you phrased this question almost makes it sound like you don't want the DVC and want the virus.
Not that I can answer the question, haven't actually visited the link, lol.

joined May 8, 2017

who wants to be the brave soul who clicks on the link and tells us if it comes with a free virus or if you have to pay extra for that sweet virus

last edited at Dec 18, 2019 10:20AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

For all we know, user dvcsalesusa may be (I dare say, by all likelyhood, it probably is) a bot.
So...

who wants to be the brave soul who clicks on the link and tells us if it comes with a free virus or if you have to pay extra for that sweet virus

Probably nobody anytime soon (at the very least without using incognito mode)

joined Oct 22, 2018

Anyone: The perfect piano tutorial doesn't exi-
SMB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krAemkKmOYY

joined Nov 30, 2011

Heya Bubbleteabird. Life can definitely feel that way on occasion. I am currently working at an office job. Been here for 3 years and it is a serious test of motivation and endurance with a side of soul crushing monotony. There are so many days where I just do not have it in me to work. -_- .... of course it didn't help that I took no vacation days outside of holidays for 2 years straight!

But now I am. And I have found a way to manage and even got a promotion and adopted 2 cats! (They may be cute but... they are very devious!!)

Also as a random aside... I suspect I am not alone in the feeling that I cannot romance anyone in Outerworlds??

joined Oct 22, 2018

Wanting more friends but not having the motivation to meet new people is the worst.

I have a similar problem... I want to make more friends and actually do have the motivation to meet new people, but I also have a certain level of anxiety that prevents me from being truly close with my friends and any potential future friends I may get, for fear that I'd either be too clingy or would just bore them with stuff like history, or space, or mapping, or memes, or that sorta shit.

A girlfriend would be nice too but I can't see that ever happening.

I don't know how old are you and nobody, not even yourself, knows how close to or far from the point of your death you are, but I'm willing to make the guess that it's still far too early to say it won't ever happen.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Merry Christmas! :)

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Merry Christmas everyone!

joined Oct 22, 2018

delays saying "Merry Christmas" until 7th January, because that's when Christmas is celebrated in several nations, including his

last edited at Dec 25, 2019 2:42AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

^ using two different calendars is kinda confusing.
Christmas is all about being at home with your family watching some Christmas movies or just enjoying the warmth of a cup of tea with cookies. Or I don’t know xD just enjoy that time if the year.

Just as I did enjoy my cup of tea ^_^
https://pasteboard.co/IMRFhoH.jpg

last edited at Dec 25, 2019 4:37AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Merry Christmas!

joined Oct 22, 2018

Me throughout much of the previous year and a half (with a few short-lived exceptions):

last edited at Dec 27, 2019 2:21PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

The perfect meme doesn't exi-

I just appreciate the usage of Bread Santa in this meme.

I could add another good meme to this... And it may surprise some (especially all those right-of-center people that, as far as I know, don't venture to this site):

last edited at Dec 28, 2019 6:01PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.