Forum › Poker Face Cross-dresser discussion

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

Yeah, there's something here and there, but the trans canon is overwhelmingly about suffering. Which is important too, but there is definitely more to be written about than that. The positive stuff is out there, but it's hard to find. The only example of a trans character closest to having no trans-angst in manga or anime I can think of is Lily from Zombieland Saga (which even that has, but it's a relatively minor aspect of the character).

Some good stuff is in western comics. May I recommend Goodbye To Halos? It's a delightful fantasy comic with a trans girl protagonist. (For this sort of stuff, independent webcomics are probably our best bet.) Some other trans characters in western comics: Blaze from Jem and the Holograms, Braga from Rat Queens, Petrichor from Saga, Rosemaster from Cucumber Quest, and Jo from Lumberjanes. Sorry they're all trans women, trans men are wildly underrepresented.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Nice. Yaoi ain't bad once in a while.

joined Mar 4, 2018

The younger brother's confession is priceless! Cannot stop laughing...

joined Oct 27, 2018

I know it's been a while since that topic came up, but, if anyone is curious, a great example on this site of a manga that seems to conflate being trans with crossdressing is Sazanami Cherry, two of the characters read VERY heavily as trans women to me, it's even made clear that they intend to live as women for the rest of their lives, yet the manga still refers to them as men.

What's the deal with clueless crossdressers ??? so many manga and they all naive as f

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Ouch. Friend zoned.

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

What's the deal with clueless crossdressers ??? so many manga and they all naive as f

I recommend Prunus Girl (damn you spell check!). The crossdresser in that knows exactly what he's doing and teases the hell out of the main character.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 7:28PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

I recommend Prius Girl. The crossdresser in that knows exactly what he's doing and teases the hell out of the main character.

OLEV: Our Low Emission Vehicle?

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

This kind of reminds me of that expressionless main character who had a mum that was the same and could only be read by his love interest, forgot the name tho.

I recommend Prunus Girl (damn you spell check!). The crossdresser in that knows exactly what he's doing and teases the hell out of the main character.

yea i've done that, i'm a big fan of the genre :D.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

it's so cute but I feel bad for the little brother

last edited at Aug 23, 2019 5:12PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.