Forum › Her World ch01 discussion

joined Nov 11, 2010

To be honest, I'm not usually much a fan of Hakameda Mera, but her art is somewhat more attractive here. As I remember, I was also ultimately pretty unimpressed with her storytelling in President and Vice-President and All You, but I'll hold off one making any judgements for this series yet. The story seems decent so far, at least.

In any case, Hakameda does have a rather distinct style compared to other yuri mangaka out there, so reading this was refreshing for the variety. I'm glad to hear there will be a couple more chapters coming. Thanks to Fly by Yuri for the continued efforts!

last edited at Apr 14, 2013 1:56AM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Is this a series? Seems like a one-shot to me.

You can tell from the first pages. The cover and interior art show that it's a full tankoubon, and there's a table of contents on page 4 that lists four chapters, of which this is titled as the first on page 5.

Very interesting. Rather more mature in tone than Hakamada's other works, although I like her usual stuff fine. Would've been a rather melancholy end if it had stopped here, so I'm looking forward to the rest.

last edited at Apr 14, 2013 4:35AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Well it's certainly not typical.Which is good sometimes,but we'll see where the story goes.
I have a feeling it won't end well for Konno.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

This definitely grab my attention. Can't wait to see how this turns out :) seems like this will be a pretty interesting story ^-^

joined Feb 1, 2013

Interesting. I'm not a fan of this author, far from it, but she can do good works. And here we have a good start, so I have hopes.

Translation and editing are indeed far better than in the first version of your first work Fly by Yuri.
On page 3, did you increase light ? Because it's too shiny. And on page 9, bottom left panel, I don't understand what the people in class are talking about, but maybe it is intended that way by the author.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

This work is indeed a single volume of four chapters. There will be resolution by the end of chapter four, but of course I won't say anything now about what that resolution will be.

No schedule on the next chapter, but I did this one in two weeks while reworking my first project.

And on page 9, bottom left panel, I don't understand what the people in class are talking about, but maybe it is intended that way by the author.

I think it is intended as random snippets from several conversations.

last edited at Apr 14, 2013 10:44AM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

thank Yuri Girl !

i love hakamada mera's drawing and writing, and i needed this

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

lol im not a fan of this author either and it seems there are a lot of ppl like me. her stories seem so fuzzy.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

I liked "If a Wish Comes True," and " All of You" by this author but not much of anything else .... all though this story right now seems pretty promising.

I try not to let the art style bother me with a lot of manga if the story line itself is good. BUT having beautiful art to go with the story doesn't hurt either :P

Thank you Yuri Girl for all the hard work and effort put into this ^_^ can't wait to see more post from you!

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

I love her art XD and yes I agree its very refreshing XD
thanks fly by yuri!!
and dynasty also for postng on the website as well =D

last edited at Apr 14, 2013 4:38PM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

no one have talked about "the prince of the night sky....."

stories like Giraffe's neck are too long, or Flowers forming a parabola, are masterpieces, and are different from every other one-shot i ever read, short but with a lot of meaning

joined Jul 3, 2011

I enjoy reading Hakamada Mera's works. If you're a fan check out "The Last Uniform", one of the author's translated works. It might be a b***h to get a hold of but it's worth it in my opinion.

last edited at Apr 15, 2013 1:05PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

If you're a fan check out "The Last Uniform", one of the author's translated works. It might be a b***h to get a hold of but it's worth it in my opinion.

I bought volume 2 from Amazon.com; volume 1 was too pricey and volume 3 was unavailable. So I bought it in Japanese (second edition in two volumes, newly re-released) but haven't read it yet since it takes a fair amount of effort for me to read Japanese. Volume 2 was very good though.

I liked "If a Wish Comes True," and " All of You" by this author but not much of anything else ....

I loved these and am planing to buy them (in Japanese) on my next order.

joined Jul 3, 2011

If you're a fan check out "The Last Uniform", one of the author's translated works. It might be a b***h to get a hold of but it's worth it in my opinion.

I bought volume 2 from Amazon.com; volume 1 was too pricey and volume 3 was unavailable. So I bought it in Japanese (second edition in two volumes, newly re-released) but haven't read it yet since it takes a fair amount of effort for me to read Japanese. Volume 2 was very good though.

I liked "If a Wish Comes True," and " All of You" by this author but not much of anything else ....

I loved these and am planing to buy them (in Japanese) on my next order.

Agreed, my suggestion to anyone else is pinch your pennines and go for it. It's what I did and got 1 and 2. I just bought them at separate times.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

I enjoy reading Hakamada Mera's works. If you're a fan check out "The Last Uniform", one of the author's translated works. It might be a b***h to get a hold of but it's worth it in my opinion.

thank, i begin to look for it right away,
if i can find it i'll probably buy it, now i'm too curious .

on amazon there are all the vol. traslated? is it possible?

edit: i saw that seven seas reliesed only vol 1 and 2 for now, i hate read incomplete manga... but i can do an exception

last edited at Apr 15, 2013 3:08PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.