Forum › Kokonoe Kazura 2 discussion

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Honestly Subtext bores me. Mainstream manga is already full of ambiguously close relationships between girls, I go for yuri to get solid hookups.

If something is ambiguous it doesn't meet the requirements to be subtext. Subtext means that it's part of the story but it's not explicitly portrayed.
What you're most likely looking are explicit yuri manga where yuri is the main genre of the story, but Watamote isn't that, Watamote is basically a SoL with one explicit yuri character and some hinted situations that may or may not be interpreted as yuri from a few others.

last edited at Mar 9, 2019 7:38AM

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

Bro my yuri goggles broke how to fix plz

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Its not my ship. But, this story is so cute and well written that it’s very easy to fall in love with this coupling.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Honestly Subtext bores me. Mainstream manga is already full of ambiguously close relationships between girls, I go for yuri to get solid hookups.

If something is ambiguous it doesn't meet the requirements to be subtext. Subtext means that it's part of the story but it's not explicitly portrayed.
What you're most likely looking are explicit yuri manga where yuri is the main genre of the story, but Watamote isn't that, Watamote is basically a SoL with one explicit yuri character and some hinted situations that may or may not be interpreted as yuri from a few others.

So Subtext tag is just when the ambiguous nature of the girl' relationship is part of the plot, right?
I guess I'm not interested then. I'm sure the story is fine, but if there isn't, at least, a big dramatic yuri kiss scene, at the end, I'll pass.

last edited at Mar 10, 2019 3:31AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

one explicit yuri character

Oh poor, ignorant child...

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Feel like I've been seeing a lot more yuri from this series lately. Something happen?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Feel like I've been seeing a lot more yuri from this series lately. Something happen?

Short version: Whole bunch of female characters got introduced/fleshed out from background status about mid-way and a good chunk of them are either gay for Tomoko or making Tomoko gay for them. But like others have said before, you do get more out of it if you read from the beginning through Tomoko's loner phase rather than just skipping to where these characters are introduced.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

"cut your lip"
before I finish reading this, im calling it.
There will be a cheesy line about applying saliva and then they will kiss

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Wow. This was actually cute. I'm looking forward to the 3rd part.

joined Apr 15, 2019

I love how they remind me of mikasasha

Screenshot_2021-04-15-01-11-58-71_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4~5
joined Mar 23, 2019

..hah! WataMote Doujin-Yuri is the best canon Yuri! this is nice actually~

To reply you must either login or sign up.