Forum › Are Neji's works not allowed on Dynasty anymore?

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I figured since Vacation Maou to Pet was on here, that her other manga and hentai works would follow, but very few of them have made it over, despite being translated for many months. Both Prison Town He Youkoso and Bocchi Kaibutsu to Moumoku Shoujo (and its two recently translated hentai doujins) are not on the site and it bums me out. Do people on this site not like monster girls? What's the deal?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Maybe nobody suggested them?

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I've suggested Prison town he Youkoso twice. Once when the first chapter came out, and next when the second chapter came out a month later. I can't fathom how it isn't on this website yet. It's a mellow-feeling romance between a Frankenstein-esque zombie girl and a human, and it takes place in a whimsical fantasy-horror prison-world. What is wrong with the uploaders? Do they have no taste? The other one, Bocchi Kaibutsu to Moumoku Shoujo, is a more traditional tale of blind girl and monster girl fall in love. It's pretty straightforward in terms of what you would expect from it, but it's got Neji's charming expressions and atmosphere holding it up. Neji also made two hentai doujins with the main characters. Those only got released in English today, so I can forgive them not being here, but why would I even expect them to be uploaded when the prerequisite manga hasn't?

I'm sorry for being so thorough, but it's just so frustrating seeing works from someone so talented go completely unseen on a website like this, where they would be most appreciated.

last edited at Jan 20, 2019 5:28PM

joined Oct 17, 2014

Dynasty-scans has some pretty arbitrary quality standards for what gets uploaded here or not. Squiggles is more likely to fail those standards due to lack of polish in editing and translation.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Oftentimes, it's about getting the right permissions from the scanlation groups, particularly if they haven't been on Dynasty before. The first half of Bocchi Kaibutsu's releases are from a group that haven't released on Dynasty before (mugeSlowScans have been on Dynasty before, but I don't think they like leaving gaps). The two doujins only just got released, so give them time.
The main thing against Prison Town atm is the SquigglesJP translation is a bit ass.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

It not having been done isn't really indicative of a rejection or a problem with permissions immediately. It's simply that the suggestion queue is where I suspect the vast majority of the world's data storage resources are going, also that actually going through the queue isn't quite as high on my interest in finding things to upload as going and finding things that I find interesting, not to speak for the other uploaders.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

also that actually going through the queue isn't quite as high on my interest in finding things to upload as going and finding things that I find interesting, not to speak for the other uploaders.

Here's the series in question, in the offchance that you yourself end up finding it interesting: https://mangadex.org/title/23862/bocchi-kaibutsu-to-moumoku-shoujo

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

In regards to Prison Town, yeah, that. I don't think we'll be uploading anymore Squiggles stuff for the time being.

And the other monster girl series I believe was an awkward case of lack of scanlator permission, quickly followed up with the series being picked up for licensing. Kinda awkward situation.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

In regards to Prison Town, yeah, that. I don't think we'll be uploading anymore Squiggles stuff for the time being.

And the other monster girl series I believe was an awkward case of lack of scanlator permission, quickly followed up with the series being picked up for licensing. Kinda awkward situation.

Are we just supposed to hope that Prison Town gets a better translation? I doubt that would happen at this point. I don't know, it just really upsets me that such a talented mangaka who could easily garner a decent audience here goes underrepresented. I read those chapters over on mangadex and there just isn't as strong of a community to really bring out any kind of worthwhile discussions on them over there.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Are we just supposed to hope that Prison Town gets a better translation? I doubt that would happen at this point. I don't know, it just really upsets me that such a talented mangaka who could easily garner a decent audience here goes underrepresented. I read those chapters over on mangadex and there just isn't as strong of a community to really bring out any kind of worthwhile discussions on them over there.

If someone dumps the RAWs on /u/, the TL thread could probably take a look at it. I've been doing translations of the backstory comics Neji's been putting out on Pixiv there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.