Forum › Dark Asterisk discussion

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Lol, and now we know where cecile's avatar comes from.
Turns out it was from the FUTURE

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Lol, and now we know where cecile's avatar comes from.
Turns out it was from the FUTURE

Best part of working in YP is that you get to read stuff way ahead of release <3

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

The story suffers a bit from lesbian insta-love. Other than that it was a sweet love story. I did hate that traitorous jerk Midori. Not only did she infect herself with the stench of a man, she tried corrupt poor innocent Ten, as well. This is the ultimate sin of a yuri girl! I think she should have thrown out of the bar, and told don't come back.

I don't think lesbian insta-love is a problem. I've personally caught that disease at least three times in the past. Also, chill, Midori's bisexual, and we have no idea what Ten's sexual orientation is, so as far as we know she didn't do anything wrong.

Hey, this is a yuri story, and I'm allowed to hate any character that harshes my yuri mellow, because YURI. On the more serious side. It did seem, to me, like Midori was trying to steer Ten back towards men.

last edited at Aug 7, 2018 6:51PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

The story suffers a bit from lesbian insta-love. Other than that it was a sweet love story. I did hate that traitorous jerk Midori. Not only did she infect herself with the stench of a man, she tried corrupt poor innocent Ten, as well. This is the ultimate sin of a yuri girl! I think she should have thrown out of the bar, and told don't come back.

I don't think lesbian insta-love is a problem. I've personally caught that disease at least three times in the past. Also, chill, Midori's bisexual, and we have no idea what Ten's sexual orientation is, so as far as we know she didn't do anything wrong.

Hey, this is a yuri story, and I'm allowed to hate any character that harshes my yuri mellow, because YURI. On the more serious side. It did seem, to me, like Midori was trying to steer Ten back towards men.

Well, Midori was definitely trying to steer Ten away from Hiroko. Which, considering the circumstances, seems to be a sensible thing to do. Maybe Midori planned on presenting Ten to guys, and later presenting her to girls if the first attempt failed.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Who would even want to date hiroko after seeing her nails lol

I'm pretty sure those are supposed to be fake nails. If you look at the top of page 94, when she is at home and settled in for the night, her thumbnail is obviously trimmed very differently than it looks in other panels, for instance, on page 88, where at least one of those fingernails is her thumbnail and is both painted and shaped. I'm guessing they are also press-on nails that she wears for work.

Also, she has no REASON to keep her nails short. She has given up on having a love life. It's not like she's a player who doesn't believe in long term relationships. She doesn't believe that she should have a relationship at all.

Why she thinks this is another question altogether that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me. It's not like her ex isn't in a happy long term relationship with another woman. The fact that she broke Hiroko's heart doesn't mean that two women can't have a successful relationship. It just means that she wasn't the right person for her. So all the stuff about her thinking Ten should be able to have a "normal love" doesn't wash with me... It's just... not really consistent with the character. Or it's just a blatant excuse that she should have owned up to. Yeah, it's implied that Ten doesn't buy her reasoning and seems to know that it's all about the heartbreak, but in the end Hiroko should at least be honest with herself.

Just my opinion...

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Ha finally! Thanks YuriProject. Now first I'm gonna read Kimi Koi Limit again, and then at last read this!

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

As they say around these parts, "when the DJ is good, the vinyl doesn't get scratched"

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

As they say around these parts, "when the DJ is good, the vinyl doesn't get scratched"

Ive never heard that but im stealing it.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Well, I'm glad everyone got a happy ending.

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

I want more of this

Ithink%20small
joined Aug 13, 2015

Ch2 Page 22. She looks good with long hair (she doesn’t but it looks like it with the background)

Popte_pop_54
joined Jun 25, 2019

Still doesn't excuse what the author has done to Hiroko in the original work.
The most uninspiring and hurtful resolve of a love triangle I had ever read! Try to top that, I motherfucking dare you!

last edited at Dec 21, 2019 12:41AM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

The most uninspiring and hurtful resolve of a love triangle I had ever read! Try to top that, I motherfucking dare you!

I can top that (pun intended). Got a fair share of love triangle stories in my past that resolved horribly. Some for me, some for others.

But I completely understand your point of view. Sono basically used Hiroko and she forgave her for it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I can top that (pun intended). Got a fair share of love triangle stories in my past that resolved horribly. Some for me, some for others.

But I completely understand your point of view. Sono basically used Hiroko and she forgave her for it.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that so many people are reading Hiroko's character in this story like this--she's a classic The Other, More Obviously Lesbian One in the love triangle in Kimi Koi Limit, and that character always gets all the reader love.

Someone above says that Hiroko's "not a player," but in Dark Asterisk she's actually "not a player anymore." A big-time ruthless player is exactly what she is in the original story--Sono comes into the lesbian bar crying about her lost love, and Hiroko explicitly picks her up for a one-night stand because she looks like "trouble," and to Hiroko that looks like fun. From the very beginning of their relationship Hiroko knows that Sono is explicitly totally in love with Sato. (All this is in Chap.5)

Hiroko's problem is that she falls for Sono the way Sono has fallen for Sato; Hiroko thinks, "No matter who she likes, I wouldn't want to let her go."

So sure, Sono is a freeloader, but her emotional relationship with Hiroko is a pretty honest one.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

no kiss is just a crime. everyone needs to be punished for the works with a love confession and no kissing. for example to watch cool tv series with no oportunity to watch the last episode

91199535164D3M190D34498432911
joined Mar 17, 2021

There's something good here, thank goodness. I really disliked Kimi Koi Limit.

To reply you must either login or sign up.