Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

So...not only Negan is gonna be in Tekken, but we also got King K. Rool in Smash?
I was already foaming off the mouth when Simon was revealed...I just came when I saw Richter! Oh hi Chrom, D. Samus is looking pretty fine too.
Zero/Shovel Knight was kind of a troll :/

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

God I hope that Green portion of the menu is Story-Mode.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Just came to check if you were talking about Negan in tekken... Good, that was weird.
I love fighting games except for KOF, Smash and virtua fighter ... those not made for me (neither is SF but I keep trying to deny it)
My hype: DOA 6 >>>> Tekken 7 >>>> Soul Calibur >>>> Whatever arc system makes next

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Whichever of you guys made this thread... Thanks, got baited by some motherfucker on /v/ to try Nights of Azure out, and since i was already on a Koei high after playing 4 Ateliers game non-stop and Samurai Warriors 4 Empires i figured one more wouldn't hurt, but damn it's not worth it, maybe i could power through it with some quality yuri but that doesn't seem to be the case
Oh well, back to FreeCell

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Whichever of you guys made this thread... Thanks, got baited by some motherfucker on /v/ to try Nights of Azure out, and since i was already on a Koei high after playing 4 Ateliers game non-stop and Samurai Warriors 4 Empires i figured one more wouldn't hurt, but damn it's not worth it, maybe i could power through it with some quality yuri but that doesn't seem to be the case
Oh well, back to FreeCell

Gamefaqs won't call anything yuri, though, even when it's on their face.
Nights of Azure is more yuri than all Atelier games, and, frankly, it's the most yuri any not visual Japanese game ever managed to be. You have to try really hard to deny that their feelings are romantic. Like, the only thing missing is a romantic kiss. They're even considered as a couple by the NPCs.

If it's worth or not as a game, that's another case. It's fun, but really flawed.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Well i wasn't playing Atelier for the yuri, i started playing them for the music mainly for Hayato Asano, Azure also having him was one of the driving force and staid for the science, also these kind of lower budget Vita games works perfectly for turn based combat since it can be carried by good ideas, tackling an action game seemed like an ordeal bigger than them, i kinda hold my action games in a very high standard Though i did say i was playing Samurai Warriors so clearly that standard is rapidly falling

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Well, it was just to point out that a gamefaq thread is not good for that kind of thing. It would probably be considered yuri by more than 90% of the people who post here, and that's why /u/ recommends it as such.
If you can't see yuri in shows like Flip Flappers, for example, though, you might not see it in this game.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

...didn't we talk all about Nights of Azure right here like 2 years ago? A quick site search would've been more reliable than gamefaqs. I mean, we are a totally reliable source after all Kappa. Yes, it IS gay.

The game itself is a bit slow for my taste, I recommend shorts bursts instead: few quests, story bits, main quest, save, play some RE. And maybe I'll complete all the endings myself and buy the second one soon™

Wait, how does SW4 Empires run on the vita? Isn't it like at 20 fps? I was thinking on buying it for ps4.

Speaking of RE, checked the RE2 remake steam page, contains 3rd party drm denuvo :/

last edited at Sep 6, 2018 8:03AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

WTF Telltale died! What will happen to the money that people payed for the TWD s4 season pass? Wolf among us 2 is canned OOF

Ve_honoka
joined Sep 8, 2018

WTF Telltale died! What will happen to the money that people payed for the TWD s4 season pass? Wolf among us 2 is canned OOF

I'm not quite up to date on them, last time I played a game of theirs they all had the same gameplay but in different fictional universes. Did they try to branch out, or did they continue on like this until the novelty of their gameplay wore off? And I never liked season passes, it's like preordering DLC... why not buy it after knowing if it's good? Though telltale games were obviously a special case due to their seasonal format, I don't know if their passes where fair or not.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I have fun mindlessly watching some of their games on YT, I decided to not buy their games because the only good writers they had left after TWD S1.

Only bought Tales from Borderlands and The Wolf among us last year so I'm probably not the best one to answer that, but they seemed to always deliver just fine.

And no, it's always point and click adventures.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's not even p&c adventures, not really. They made this super-niche product of interactive fiction, bought super-expensive licenses, never managed to expand the concept to appeal to a broader/different audience, and on top the company probably wasn't very well run.

Although I don't wish misfortune on anyone, I won't miss them ^^;

e: Played some Labyrinth of Refrain recently. Don't know about serious yuri content, but there is a nun/witch who wants to show the witch heroine her potatoes (tl: tries to drug and rape her).

last edited at Sep 24, 2018 9:15AM

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I think a big part of why Telltale failed is because a lot of indie/smaller companies can do what they do on a smaller budget, more creatively. They thought if they just kept improving their graphics engine it would bring in the AAA players' bucks, but it won't, when nothing actually new is being breathed into their stuff. Plus, yeah, those types of games are pretty damn niche to begin with. You look at a game like Life is Strange and it kind of followed what Telltale games have done, but better, with choices in game /actually/ making a difference in the end outcome. Telltale games just want you to think your choices matter.

That's my take on it, anyway. Maybe it's also because I just replayed Shenmue I and II and feel like, although (still) clunky as hell, it did certain aspects of those kinds of games better, almost 20 years ago. Thank you, QTEs.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Still with Telltale, Clemetine is confirmed BI(?) She has an another male love interest and a yuri route. Not like it means anything at this point, even IF the season is finished by a different dev team it will never be the same as originally intended.
What a freaking mess! They said they will try to at least finish TWD game, but they haven't said anything about paying the people they fired.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

So BamCo is putting 2B in Soul Calibur? That's awesome! The guest characters in both games have been great choices!

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut Cassandra is still not in the game = not buying!

And speaking of not buying, don't bother with the HeroAca game. It's awful! Pretty, but still terrible. Maybe if it was at 15-20 bucks...but really? At 60? You guys are craaazy.

The preorders for Smash already topped the Switch's best seller list lmao

last edited at Nov 3, 2018 8:48AM

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I bought the Smash Bros edition Switch console. Kinda sad the characters are just on the dock, but whatever, it looks cool on top of my desk. I didn't end up playing the Wii U/3DS Smash much, but I'm kind of actually excited for this one. Well, as excited as I get over anything. Said in a monotone voice. thumbs up

I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles 4, beat the main story and just finishing up post game stuff now. Parts of the story and the main characters were underwhelming in my opinion. Probably just partial to the first game's characters. The gameplay is great if you like SRPGs, though. The AI is still really stupid which adds to my enjoyment.
The characters Minerva and Christel had a relationship of the gal pals variety going on. I don't wanna spoil stuff explicitly, though, so if you don't want any spoilers, don't look into it, either. Uh, but don't buy the game for them, either, cause it's minor stuff. Well, sorta. Hard to explain without spoiling. D:

last edited at Dec 5, 2018 12:49PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

OMFG THEY PUT JOKER IN SMASH ADFHSSFAUSIDJDJSHSHDPWVAFZKWVGQLFVWKBZFWJEIAV

P5 MUSIC TOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

OH SHITE I FORGOT TO PUT MY FRIEND CODE! BRB IM GETTING SMASH LATER TODAY OR TOMMOROW

...Also MK11 trailer cool. Negan looks pretty fun in T7, I'm happy to see Julia as well.

I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles 4...

I was thinking on buying it, got Disgaea 5 instead. Idk the gameplay looks fun, but looks like it has a boring/gereric story, I guess my gut didn't fail me. I might give it a shot on another sale.

I'll probably buy the Arland Atelier games now that they are on the Switch.

last edited at Dec 7, 2018 6:00AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I was thinking on buying it, got Disgaea 5 instead. Idk the gameplay looks fun, but looks like it has a boring/gereric story, I guess my gut didn't fail me. I might give it a shot on another sale.

D5 is the first time I really was disappointed with the story. Before, even though Disgaea wasn't ever story-focused, they were so over-the-top or had some surprising twists or at least humor that worked for me (SARDINES!) ... and since we are on Dynasty; they also, maybe, a little more justice to the female characters than jRPG often do. Like Fuka and Desco in D4. D5 has none of it. Super-generic protagonist. Super-generic sidekicks. Super-generic, super-cheesy story. It's actually ... awful.

Gameplay though; still just awesomely bonkers :D

last edited at Dec 7, 2018 9:08AM

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Honestly, story and main characters aside (I think most people liked them, I'm just a weirdo), VC4 is an amazingly fun game to play, well worth the 30 dollar sale price going on right now. I've always loved the gameplay of this franchise, plus I'll be honest, I will always throw all my money at anything that might eventually have the slimmest chance in hell to spawn me a second Skies of Arcadia game. Where's the Kickstarter, dammit?!

I have a hard time explaining that I both love and hate the Atelier games. They're a lot of fun, and I love collecting materials, but the time crunch factor always makes me slightly nervous. I think it's because I can't grind out what's needed indefinitely. I've only played the Arland ones, though, I think I might have heard they got rid of that eventually?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ Late answer, but yes and no. You should check if that specific game has a time limit or not before playing them.
I think Sophie was the second one that removed time limit, then Firis has a soft time limit for the first half. Sophie is definitely a safe bet and her gayness is a plus.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Thing is, imo, the time limit was the only thing that made these games half interesting. The new ones largely feel like bland copies of each other with mediocre game systems that occasionally are made up for a little bit by the silly story and characters but largely ... not.

Best Atelier series is probably Iris. Followed by Mana Khemia. And I'm not saying this to be some sort of gaming hipster; but if you make a series with how many dozen games now and just never actually improve much of anything, well ... ^^;

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I think that's a problem that a lot of entertainment mediums (tv shows, movie franchises, anime, game series, etc) have, going on longer than they probably should. But hey, if they're still making money, they'll still be made, yeah?

I tend to agree, though, with the exception being Final Fantasy stuff. I like how each game had their own unique systems in place, until they took away the turn based aspect. I wish they would go back to being a little more generic gameplay wise and less "innovative."
Which I know they do that with the Bravely Default titles, so I guess I can't be too grumpy about it.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Played the RE 2 Demo

AAHGJSJHSEOWVEEOWHWORGQWSFDGJLCKLVZJV

I'M SO EXCITED AGAIN.

WASTED LIKE 10 MINS MESSING AROUND WITH THE ZOMBIE AI. They are so resilient, sometimes not even shotgun HS is enough. I really hope fecking denuvo doesn't ruin the lauch on pc.

Gonna go mess around more on the ps4 now.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

New platinum game looks fun. Dual characters in an action game.

FE 3 houses trailer was decent, I'm not worried anymore. A lot of freedom it seems I hope we see some yuri. Doesn't seem like the avatar is customizable besides the M/F, but I really like the designs this time, no big deal.

New square game sounds like a SMT game with a Bleach setting lol I'll probably give it a try.

And there's the obligatory Tetris battle royal! I'm done.

Link's Awakening remake/remastered is cool too. I liked the direct, too bad prime 4 couldn't make it because of the delay/redo.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I'm almost done with Zanki Zero, and I gotta give it some props. It's a really cool game if you liked the mystery and dark tone of Danganronpa (it's made by the same team) and/or are a fan of dungeon crawlers. Or survival games. It's also really funny and has some cute moments in it. Okay, soooo it's a really weird combination of a lot of things, but it's been addictive to play. It's hard to talk about the story without getting into spoilers, but the general concept is that 8 people are stranded on an island at the end of the world. 'cept, you know, there's some crazy stuff afoot.

Anyway, kudos to the developers for letting you pair up any gender with each other for bonding events, cause here's one I found cute between two of the characters, Rinko and Yuma. There are also bedtime events, as they word it... they're silly. None of these matter for the actual story, as you can pair up everyone with multiple different partners in the same playthrough. but uh, that'd probably happen if only 8 people were left alive in the world, huh?

This topic has been locked.