Forum › So, Do You Wanna Go Out, Or? discussion

SomethingOrOther
joined May 15, 2018

If you're not joking, then you must be some next level feminist, social justice warrior. How high is your IQ from 1 to 10?

Youre trying too hard

You're*
Oof

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

If you're not joking, then you must be some next level feminist, social justice warrior. How high is your IQ from 1 to 10?

Youre trying too hard

You're*
Oof

What is this? Your attempt at trying too little? Why don't you come back when you can answer my original question with something more relative than an unprovoked accusation and a question of my IQ. As if that means anything when it comes to interests.

joined Apr 29, 2018

That was good. It's nice to see a story about a relationship failing. That's what happens more often than not, especially when you start dating on a whim while drunk, but there just aren't many stories where that's what happens.

But are we reading yuri for realism? No. We are reading for the girl x girl relationship. That's why this is a bit of an unsatisfying story.

completly agree. people who wants realism only needs to get outside and see real life. or else WHAT is the point reading mangas if they begin reflect reality?! seriously!

last edited at May 24, 2018 11:44AM

SomethingOrOther
joined May 15, 2018

Youre trying too hard

You're*
Oof

What is this? Your attempt at trying too little? Why don't you come back when you can answer my original question with something more relative than an unprovoked accusation and a question of my IQ. As if that means anything when it comes to interests.

Your original question is so far out, the Nordic gods from Valhalla got a glimpse of it. And so out of the blue, that it still has C37H34N2Na2O9S3 dripping from it, like an American slushie. Your question made so little sense, it made me think you were joking.

last edited at May 24, 2018 11:46AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If I keep reading this, it'll make me stupider, and I seriously can't afford it.

So knock it off, already.

joined Mar 5, 2016

This is a very nice little comic. It's got heart and integrity. And the art is super charming. This is artist is really up my alley.

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

That was good. It's nice to see a story about a relationship failing. That's what happens more often than not, especially when you start dating on a whim while drunk, but there just aren't many stories where that's what happens.

But are we reading yuri for realism? No. We are reading for the girl x girl relationship. That's why this is a bit of an unsatisfying story.

completly agree. people who wants realism only needs to get outside and see real life. or else WHAT is the point reading mangas if they begin reflect reality?! seriously!

It's in bad taste for men to go out and just stare at lesbians and intervene in their daily lives. There's very little in the way of good Western media and art that depict female relationships. There is good and interesting stuff, but the Japanese, anime, manga, whatever, these or they are the ones churning this shit out like butter. which is nice, but a sense of realism is even nicer because than you can possibly immerse yourself in the story knowing its a very real possibility. You can admire what is possible. May not be possible for men to become this thing we indulge in, but that doesn't mean fantasy is most desirable.

last edited at May 24, 2018 12:10PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's in bad taste for men to go out and just stare at lesbians and intervene in their daily lives. There's very little in the way of good Western media and art that depict female relationships. There is good and interesting stuff, but the Japanese, anime, manga, whatever, these or they are the ones churning this shit out like butter. which is nice, but a sense of realism is even nicer because than you can possibly immerse yourself in the story knowing its a very real possibility. You can admire what is possible. May not be possible for men to become this thing we indulge in, but that doesn't mean we just want straight fantasy.

As a friend once put it, popcorn is great once in a while but you can't make a whole diet out of it.

joined Apr 29, 2018

It's in bad taste for men to go out and just stare at lesbians and intervene in their daily lives. There's very little in the way of good Western media and art that depict female relationships. There is good and interesting stuff, but the Japanese, anime, manga, whatever, these or they are the ones churning this shit out like butter. which is nice, but a sense of realism is even nicer because than you can possibly immerse yourself in the story knowing its a very real possibility. You can admire what is possible. May not be possible for men to become this thing we indulge in, but that doesn't mean fantasy is most desirable.

true reallity is cruel and always end bad. as we can see in this story. for me it's definitly a bad ending for short haired girl. why would you put reallity in manga? isn't life sh*tty enough? that's why fantasy as been created because reality never turns well and this story just proves it.

last edited at May 24, 2018 12:18PM

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

true reallity is cruel and always end bad. as we can see in this story. for me it's definitly a bad ending for short haired girl. why would you put reallity in manga? isn't life sh*tty enough? that's why fantasy as been created because reality never turns well and this story just proves it.

Wow. It sounds like you've had a rough time of it. However, now you're just projecting onto reality. Humans aren't nearly as incapable of having healthy and affectionate relationships as you seem to think they are, and I can't really see why you're taking that position here. It's quite silly, to be honest.

joined Apr 29, 2018

Wow. It sounds like you've had a rough time of it. However, now you're just projecting onto reality. Humans aren't nearly as incapable of having healthy and affectionate relationships as you seem to think they are, and I can't really see why you're taking that position here. It's quite silly, to be honest.

well if people have healthy realationship in this sh*tty world i haven't seen it yet. every relationship i saw just ended badly.like in this story. i feel deceived because i thought it was going to be a cute story.instead i got a sour and pointless ending like nothing happened. reminds of waste of time just like in real life.

last edited at May 24, 2018 12:40PM

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

I liked the realism with this one-shot, it was like drinking a fresh cup of water in the morning

joined Sep 21, 2013

Uhm... Ok... I don't expect that. Was very... fine?
Is a good end?
I... uhmm... supouse?
Don't know.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I understood the mangaka to be saying they were going to do another story about one of these two girls (probably the tall, dark-haired one) and part of that story was her "ex was still in the same band" and this is the story of her and her ex and how they became exes. So I think it will definitely have a sequel, as the mangaka basically said they had written, or been writing, that part first, anyway.

joined Apr 29, 2018

well if people have healthy realationship in this sh*tty world i haven't seen it yet. every relationship i saw just ended badly.like in this story. i feel deceived because i thought it was going to be a cute story.instead i got a sour and pointless ending like nothing happened. reminds of waste of time just like in real life.

Why don’t you at least try to appreciate and make the best out of the story. I’ve seen plenty of shit relationships and have been in one, but I still appreciate this story.

i don't know maybe because their ISN'T any "best" to get out of it. the relationship didn't end well both of them lost their time, end of the story. not talking about short haired girl ending up alone and suffering for nothing (because she said she cried "a little" )

last edited at May 24, 2018 12:50PM

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

...what happened to this thread

ahem

Looking back, what I love most is how they got together. I can't stop thinking about it. We're both in the same club, we get along pretty well, and it's honestly somewhat difficult to find other girls who love girls, so why not try it out? (so, so relatable...) They were both trying so hard to turn that convenience and good will into genuine love, but sometimes pieces just don't fit together. It made me hope they could work, but I like that they seem to be able to root for the others' new relationship well. I found the ending oddly heartwarming for a breakup story.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Why don’t you at least try to appreciate and make the best out of the story. I’ve seen plenty of shit relationships and have been in one, but I still appreciate this story.

i don't know maybe because their ISN'T any "best" to get out of it. the relationship didn't end well both of them lost their time, end of the story. not talking about short haired girl ending up alone and suffering for nothing (because she said she cried "a little" )

We literally, and I mean literally already know that she doesn't end up alone. The artist said blatantly that this was a prologue to a manga they had already been working on, in which Miwa (short-haired girl) starts going out with two-tone-hair girl. You really can't just wait for the next installment to see that happen?

ypassionnate
joined Apr 29, 2018

We literally, and I mean literally already know that she doesn't end up alone. The artist said blatantly that this was a prologue to a manga they had already been working on, in which Miwa (short-haired girl) starts going out with two-tone-hair girl. You really can't just wait for the next installment to see that happen?

it won't erase the very sour taste of this one in my mind. or the feeling of wasted time.

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

The "best" is the learning experience. You can't expect people to know exactly what they want at all times. You're so pessimistic about creatures that are still learning about....EVERYTHING! And buddy, you know where this pessimistic attitude of yours comes from? Form indulging in fantasy. you've become so detached from reality that it sours you when something real happens. You see it as a complete negative because it wasn't a "happy" ending when in reality happy is subjective and the learning experience they both got will help them grow and make better decisions. Life for humans is about learning. This story was a complete happy ending because they learned from it. Breaks ups aren't always a bad thing. I'm surprised you're even alive to type all that delusional crap with how miserable you seem to be with reality. I'm not gonna tell you to get help but just because you can't into reality, doesn't mean you need to bring your shitty attitude and project

ypassionnate
joined Apr 29, 2018

The "best" is the learning experience. You can't expect people to know exactly what they want at all times. You're so pessimistic about creatures that are still learning about....EVERYTHING! And buddy, you know where this pessimistic attitude of yours comes from? Form indulging in fantasy. you've become so detached from reality that it sours you when something real happens. You see it as a complete negative because it wasn't a "happy" ending when in reality happy is subjective and the learning experience they both got will help them grow and make better decisions. Life for humans is about learning. This story was a complete happy ending because they learned from it. Breaks ups aren't always a bad thing. I'm surprised you're even alive to type all that delusional crap with how miserable you seem to be with reality. I'm not gonna tell you to get help but just because you can't into reality, doesn't mean you need to bring your shitty attitude and project

i don't see ANY" learning experience" as you say. everything just come back as it was at the begining of the story. tell me where is the progress because i don't see it. both character are the same by the end of the story nothing have really change. for me this relationship was a complete waste of time so learning what? i ask.

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

i don't see ANY" learning experience" as you say. everything just come back as it was at the begining of the story. tell me where is the progress because i don't see it. both character are the same by the end of the story nothing have really change. for me this relationship was a complete waste of time so learning what? i ask.

Yeah you do ask alot. Maybe you should try figuring it out on your own otherwise you'll never learn. If you're always going to be negative about one thing, and asking to be spoonfed a positive about it, or an example of said positive, well you'll never learn unless you can come to that same positive conclusion on your own. If you can't see where they could have possibly learned postive aspects from a supposed negative situation, than I don't think you'll ever know.

joined Mar 5, 2016

Yeah, look, as far as breakups go, the only way it could be cleaner would be if idk angels descended down from on high and sang their praises. It's a comic about two people meeting, trying something out, and then remaining friends. If that's sour to you then you need to adjust your life expectations.

ypassionnate
joined Apr 29, 2018

Yeah you do ask alot. Maybe you should try figuring it out on your own otherwise you'll never learn. If you're always going to be negative about one thing, and asking to be spoonfed a positive about it, or an example of said positive, well you'll never learn unless you can come to that same positive conclusion on your own. If you can't see where they could have possibly learned postive aspects from a supposed negative situation, than I don't think you'll ever know.

hum okay then.

last edited at May 24, 2018 1:46PM

joined Dec 4, 2016

I wonder if most dynasty reader are weak hearted oversensitive person. Someone seriously triggered over this?

last edited at May 24, 2018 1:57PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I really don't get what's so supposedly negative about this.

Two isolated lesbians found companionship with each other, had highly enjoyable sex during that time, learned a bit better what each of them were looking for in a relationship, split amicably and remained good friends while pursuing new relationships. What the hell is so terrible about that?

Nothing earth-shattering happened here. It was a simple, human story that could happen to anyone. Nobody walked away with scars or serious regrets. I think that's more realistic than this cynical "healthy relationships don't exist outside of fiction" nonsense.

To reply you must either login or sign up.