Forum › Yuri mangas that you should be reading but are not here

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Yuri mangas that you should be reading but are not here

Ha! No such thing.

As I've said

...unfortunately there are some awesome yuri mangas out there, but due to whatever reason/s, they're not/cannot be uploaded here...

One reason is stated in the Upload Request:
However, we do have a list of groups who do NOT want to be uploaded here:
CXC Scans, Doujin-Moe, Hotcakes, Midnight Scans, Starry Heaven, Yurikai

Plus as candy76041820 mentioned:

ALL the licensed series.

But in all, pardon my transgression. For the record, I worship Dynasty for all its yuri glory-mess err xDDD
And thanks guys for all the suggestions.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Agree with palankagorange, I might be a yuri fan but I'm also a Dynasty fan. I'd love it if all good yuri were here, the home of good yuri, and I don't really like going elsewhere (especially places like MF) if I can avoid it.

It does baffle me a bit that places like CXC don't want their stuff here, especially when Dynasty shows such respect for the fan groups.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

OH!! I know what one you're talking about!! Sunstone, it's on Deviantart.

http://shiniez.deviantart.com/

Thanks!

It's really long and at some parts it drags, but over all, not bad. :)

Done reading it. Do agree, some parts felt dragged out... Anyways, It was amazing! Characters are so real, the storytelling, the art, dang... Wish drama stories around here amazed me like that. Oh! Did I just say that out loud? /stab!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

But in all, pardon my transgression.

H- hey. I- it was just a dumb joke =p

For the record, I worship Dynasty for all its yuri glory-mess err xDDD

Agree with palankagorange, I might be a yuri fan but I'm also a Dynasty fan. I'd love it if all good yuri were here, the home of good yuri, and I don't really like going elsewhere (especially places like MF) if I can avoid it.

and this is why we love you.

It does baffle me a bit that places like CXC don't want their stuff here, especially when Dynasty shows such respect for the fan groups.

Some groups are just particular. A few don't allow any re-hosting, and others really want/need the traffic.

I forgot Ghost Urn, which looked fairly interesting when it was first being released, though now seems to be suffering from some delays.

last edited at May 1, 2014 7:59PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

and this is why we love you.

S...sempai noticed me!!!

Some groups are just particular. A few don't allow any re-hosting, and others really want/need the traffic.

I guess, it's just a shame is all.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

I guess everyone will have to read it to have their own veredict JESUS CHRIST WHAT HAVE I DONE

The reason why non-recommendations don't actually work.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

But in all, pardon my transgression.

H- hey. I- it was just a dumb joke =p

That response was in reference to Sayonara Folklore, an intended joke too
(and of course one "shan't stray off the right path --> shan't[can't] stray off the Dynasty" x)

S...sempai noticed me!!!

A-no .. G-g-gokigenyou... faints dramatically

Sadly I have no more recommendation atm, that's why ganbarimasu, senpais! We, your kouhais, trust you to deliver us the yuri-goods.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think listing all the licensed yuri not here would be good too- dosnt matter what reason- if this is someones only source of yuri they may be missing out on some gems like girlfriends that basically just finished translations as they were licensed so were never up long anywhere. They can then go out and buy the actual books.

Maybe it would be a good idea to add a 'Licensed' Tag to anything that is/was here that got licensed, leaving up the mangas header page, then people can easily search what has been licensed.?

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

There was a mature BDSM yuri manga (i think the original language is english... duno) someone posted and linked to it (It is not uploaded here). I had bookmarked it but lost it during a cleansing... I can't remember the name! :S

OH!! I know what one you're talking about!! Sunstone, it's on Deviantart.

http://shiniez.deviantart.com/

It's really long and at some parts it drags, but over all, not bad. :)

Wow! Really good. Although I had to laugh at the part where she's like "I'm gay" in an incredibly agonized way... really, did you notice that between like the 30th or 40th time you forced a woman to go down on you?

e: And now I have another series to keep track of :/

It should be getting published sometime this year! I cannot wait! :D

(My forum post/preview for anyone curious about it)
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/3794-comic-sunstone

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Sunstone is probably the best western yuri comic in existence right now, so even though it drags a bit here and there, I highly recommend it. :D

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Someone here who has read Teppu? Another sports yuri, and this time it's Mixed Martial Arts! Who wouldn't love that?

Anon on /u/ said: "Confirmed yuri in Teppu if the MC's sadomasochistic tendencies with other females wasn't already an indication of that."

While I found this Tumblr post: "... it’s about women in MMA and unlike any other Shounen manga, features an evil-ass lady as the protagonist. It’s very realistic and it’s got those yuri overtones.."

I just submitted an upload request here...

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Eh, I'd rather say Bad Ass than Badass...
At least in first chapters. Couldn't like her enough to follow it for too long...

last edited at May 4, 2014 10:56AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Maybe it would be a good idea to add a 'Licensed' Tag to anything that is/was here that got licensed, leaving up the mangas header page, then people can easily search what has been licensed.?

You can do an advanced search for Status: Licensed to get results for the few things that have been removed because of it http://puu.sh/8yTHB.png
I'll see about adding pages for some other licensed titles at some point, I see how it could be helpful.

Someone here who has read Teppu? Another sports yuri, and this time it's Mixed Martial Arts! Who wouldn't love that?

I wanna say Drpepper had been reading this..? But my memory is poor, so I'm probably wrong.
IIRC there was also something like a confession + rejection in one of the latest chapters.
We'll see about it.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

The updates looks slow as hell on that one. Buuut thanks for the heads up about it. We could definitely use some more sports yuri... even if there isn't straight up yuri in it persay.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I wanna say Drpepper had been reading this..? But my memory is poor, so I'm probably wrong.
IIRC there was also something like a confession + rejection in one of the latest chapters.
We'll see about it.

Just marathoned this one today. It's main cast is pretty similar to Baggata Way's, meaning the majority are female. It is also veeery different from what is on here and would be a nice change of pace. And there was a confession buuutt, I dunno, didn't feel like a straight up rejection. More like a, "sorry for worrying you" kinda thing. But if you manage to get it on here, I think it'd be a very nice addition to the catalog.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Just marathoned that Teppu series. Not much actual yuri, but plenty of intense emotional connections between girls

I think the main appeal is really how twisted most everyone's personality is, though

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

plenty of intense emotional connections between girls

how twisted most everyone's personality is

These are the reasons why I enjoyed it and why I look forward to the main's recovery into someone respectable.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Machigatta Ranobe no Tsukurikata
Was a short and fun ride... pretty crazy comedy hehe...

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

I dont have anything TT~TT but i read the once people suggested! They are really cool =3

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Teppu is pretty awesome. Yuri, no yuri, the sociopathic bent that everyone has is a fun change of pace.

I'm still waiting for someone's face to get pummeled.

Oh yeah, and that Renai Idenshi XX story. There was a lot of potential in this one but ended up having too much fail in the end for me. But I still read it from time to time because I enjoy the initial buildup lol. (I kinda do that for Girls the Wild, great build and then endless/pointless bully arcs and fighting and no decent character progression until recently.)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Pretty sure I read something long ago, about a voice actress (or singer?) and her fan, they met each other and stuff... Don't even remember where I read it, but I am sure it is not here.

Arghh :S

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Pretty sure I read something long ago, about a voice actress (or singer?) and her fan, they met each other and stuff... Don't even remember where I read it, but I am sure it is not here.

First thing that comes to mind is O/A, though that never really went yuri

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

First thing that comes to mind is O/A, though that never really went yuri

Mmmm, it's not that one. It was complete and just like 2 or 3 chapters long.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That would be Voiceful, the fan was a shut-in who found the courage to come out of her home thanks to the singer, who only played online. In turn, she gave the singer confidence to come out and do real performances. Can't remember where I downloaded it from, honestly.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

That would be Voiceful, the fan was a shut-in who found the courage to come out of her home thanks to the singer, who only played online. In turn, she gave the singer confidence to come out and do real performances. Can't remember where I downloaded it from, honestly.

Yes, that was it! :D
A bit of a nostalgic read for me. (Also did not remember it had a few short stories tagged along with it)

To reply you must either login or sign up.