Forum › Love Live! discussion

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I don't remember them doing much in Season 1 (which surprised me because I went into Love Live! knowing NicoMaki is super popular) besides really arguing (Kotori did the most NicoMaki thing with the heart shaped straw) but I remember Season 2 being like the exact opposite and being like jam packed with NicoMaki. Basically they did a full 180 because I believe that NicoMaki is like the most popular pairing and they were like "oh shit, we need to pander so we can make more money."

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't remember them doing much in Season 1 (which surprised me because I went into Love Live! knowing NicoMaki is super popular) besides really arguing (Kotori did the most NicoMaki thing with the heart shaped straw) but I remember Season 2 being like the exact opposite and being like jam packed with NicoMaki. Basically they did a full 180 because I believe that NicoMaki is like the most popular pairing and they were like "oh shit, we need to pander so we can make more money."

To be fair, I only watched up to episode 8 of the second season. But season one had zero NicoMaki. They barely said three words to each other during the whole season, no significant glances or anything. And what I watched of season 2 wasn't much more, outside of that one scene people talk about. And honestly I was looking for it since everyone said season 2 pushed the pairing.

I dunno, maybe they stuffed it all into the last four episodes?

In any case, Nico got a personality transplant in the anime, so she's basically a different character with the same design. Then again, so did Maki (not being hostile to her parents, more closed-off), and the rest. Which is why I say it's possible to call NicoMaki canon for the manga, but not at all for the anime. The continuities are too different.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Season 2 had a lot more, but it's nothing like "OMG, Nico-chan I love you" so you won't find that.

I mean, I was looking for it because at some point I decided that maybe I do like this pairing from doujinshi, but when I looked for it in both seasons, I found zero in Season 1, which is why I was confused about where this pairing came from. My understanding is that the PV for Mogyutto "love" de Sekkin Chuu! is what made it. Season 2 had them interacting a whole lot more, but maybe because I was invested in the pairing I found it in Season 2 because it was a huge difference from Season 1.

Also, I can't read the manga because of their personalities because I am too used to the anime ones. I am fine with AU fan fiction though that might mess with them a bit, but they usually are like their anime counterparts.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, they totally interact more in season 2. But even then it wasn't as much as I was expecting given what people were saying. Most of it wasn't even them arguing, it was Nico doing the incompetent braggart thing again and it being Maki's turn to play tsukkomi.

I'll give her this, Nico is a lot more competent in the manga.

18813978_1971855406367447_9097719231150376078_n
joined Sep 1, 2017

Unfortunately for English readers, the rest of the chapters is translated in Chinese by Chinese-speaking fandom.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

You know something that just occurred to me...The school was getting shut down because declining birth rates caused a big drop in enrollment. So if they save their school by drawing students from elsewhere, doesn't that just mean somebody -else's- school gets shut down later?

Swap!-min-min
joined Jan 13, 2017

You know something that just occurred to me...The school was getting shut down because declining birth rates caused a big drop in enrollment. So if they save their school by drawing students from elsewhere, doesn't that just mean somebody -else's- school gets shut down later?

School idol-ing is a vicious cycle.

joined Nov 26, 2017

English is the universal language.

B6c1f04788d8af2d84ea30189c7c22cee271b73a1364905957
joined Nov 10, 2017

I don't know if anyone can add this but chapter 24 is missing 3 extra pages at the end.
https://imgur.com/a/vUVNc

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

School idol-ing is a vicious cycle.

Ohmygod, what if that's why the school in Love Live! Sunshine is being threatened??

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

NicoxMaki being lewd xD

FigureGunplaFan
18813978_1971855406367447_9097719231150376078_n
joined Sep 1, 2017

Meanwhile the Chinese manga site DM5 ALREADY translated 38 (plus chap 0) chapters.

Lalala Ñañaña
Aaaaaaaa%20(1)
joined Oct 6, 2015

Hasn't anyone else translated the rest of the chapters to english or spanish?

last edited at Feb 8, 2018 2:03PM

Chitosewink
joined Jan 24, 2015

At least we're past the halfway point!

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Unfortunately for English readers, the rest of the chapters is translated in Chinese by Chinese-speaking fandom.

Dang it, really, this series isn't popular enough to get chapters 18-23 translated into English? That's so sad...

joined Nov 10, 2017

Dang it, really, this series isn't popular enough to get chapters 18-23 translated into English? That's so sad...

And chapters 27-39 aren't translated yet so even more chapters left.

Il_340x270.681164839_1n3e
joined Jul 23, 2016

Hmm, hi, I don't know if here is the place but recently I've bought the chapter 3 as I couldn't find it anywhere (its really cheap, 9 bucks to have it on home), anyway, I will translate it and I want to know how to upload the scans, it will take me some weeks but I want to know how to do it as this manga have been stopped some years

joined Nov 10, 2017

Hmm, hi, I don't know if here is the place but recently I've bought the chapter 3 as I couldn't find it anywhere (its really cheap, 9 bucks to have it on home), anyway, I will translate it and I want to know how to upload the scans, it will take me some weeks but I want to know how to do it as this manga have been stopped some years

That's really nice. Here are the raws for volume 3 so you don't need upload the scans.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8w6bf0bhbxghj5q/LL+SIP+03.7z
Since I assume you can read Japanese, how accurate is this rough translation for chapter 18 that I found?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fz76fqjfox3r09v/Love+Live+School+Idol+Project+Chapter+18+V2.rar

last edited at Feb 20, 2018 1:31PM

joined Jul 23, 2016

That's really nice. Here are the raws for volume 3 so you don't need upload the scans.
Since I assume you can read Japanese, how accurate is this rough translation for chapter 18 that I found?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fz76fqjfox3r09v/Love+Live+School+Idol+Project+Chapter+18+V2.rar

oh! thats awesome, are you part of any group? i want to upload the complete work when i finish and i wonder if we can work together or if i can use those raws, i can edit and slowly translate the manga.
About the translation, i will take a look and i will tell you if i read something weird but i cant promise you anything as my Japanese is basic, i always need a dictionary for a lot of kanjis, i would like to have some method to contact with you as i think this is not the place for that kind of things.

joined Nov 10, 2017

oh! thats awesome, are you part of any group? i want to upload the complete work when i finish and i wonder if we can work together or if i can use those raws, i can edit and slowly translate the manga.
About the translation, i will take a look and i will tell you if i read something weird but i cant promise you anything as my Japanese is basic, i always need a dictionary for a lot of kanjis, i would like to have some method to contact with you as i think this is not the place for that kind of things.

Perhaps you can give me your email so we can talk to each other.
Also to answer your questions I'm not part in a group in a way, but I am helping people to translate the love live manga. Also, yes you can use those raws and other raws for volume 4 and 5 etc. Also there is technically an English translation for chapters 18-22 but it was translated from Japanese to Spanish to English so it might not be accurate the translation. That's why I am asking you to see if it is fine. Also the english translation for the chapter 18 that you see is bad in terms of editing and needs to be redone.

joined Jul 23, 2016

Also to answer your questions I'm not part in a group in a way, but I am helping people to translate the love live manga. Also, yes you can use those raws and other raws for volume 4 and 5 etc. Also there is technically an English translation for chapters 18-22 but it was translated from Japanese to Spanish to English so it might not be accurate the translation. That's why I am asking you to see if it is fine. Also the english translation for the chapter 18 that you see is bad in terms of editing and needs to be redone.

thats perfect ^^ i would preffer direct chat but anyway, you can contact me on gmail: tuner3333 or if you preffer hotmail: tuner333 (i cant use the @ so put it where its missing, the gmail is dot com and the hotmail is dot es)
do you found those in spanish? O.O i didnt knew about them.
i've been reading 5 pages and i only found things that i would have translated differently but the meaning is almost the same. Is there people working on the editing? i would like to know as if there is not, i would love to do it.
i will continue reading and i will tell you if there is something really wrong

joined Nov 10, 2017

thats perfect ^^ i would preffer direct chat but anyway, you can contact me on gmail: tuner3333 or if you preffer hotmail: tuner333 (i cant use the @ so put it where its missing, the gmail is dot com and the hotmail is dot es)
do you found those in spanish? O.O i didnt knew about them.
i've been reading 5 pages and i only found things that i would have translated differently but the meaning is almost the same. Is there people working on the editing? i would like to know as if there is not, i would love to do it.
i will continue reading and i will tell you if there is something really wrong

Emailed.

Kyuben_shan215
joined Jan 20, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/love_live_ch18#4

Eli ..I always sleep with my stomach expose..
I guess I'm an idiot..lol

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/love_live_ch18#4

Eli ..I always sleep with my stomach expose..
I guess I'm an idiot..lol

I see that all the time in manga, it's weird. Where on earth did they come up with the idea that sleeping with an exposed stomach, even in summer, would make you sick?

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Rin is wearing Hanayo's pantsu like every fucking day???

To reply you must either login or sign up.