Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ MistressTiramisu

Anon, it's good to see you again! How's life been treating you?

Hey! Thank you! ೕ(•̀ᴗ•́)

Life is treating me far better than I probably deserve, so I have no reason to complain (◦’ںˉ◦)
What about you? How's it going? I hope you're doing good!!!

Since we're sharing music, here's a few of my current favourite songs:

Thanks for sharing! I liked the first one best! Very relaxing... (ง⌐□ل͜□)ง

@ Felloffalot

Let's say that, theoretically, somebody in this very thread wanted to do a Kickstarter for a yuri visual novel. What would you expect/want out of stretch goals and pledge tiers?

No idea, sorry. But I certainly like the idea.
Would that somebody share some details of the story...? … maybe? (o^-^o) Or is said somebody not sure yet? ;)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Felloffalot posted:

Let's say that, theoretically, somebody in this very thread wanted to do a Kickstarter for a yuri visual novel. What would you expect/want out of stretch goals and pledge tiers?

Ok, so I don't have a lot experience, but from what I saw/think. For stretch goals it usually depends on your original idea. Stretch goals is everything that adding to the game would be cool, but not necessary to achieve your vision. For example, let's say you don't plan having character voiced by default, but if you happened to get more money, you would hire people and do it. So basically you just decide what would you do with bonus money and organize it from stuff that would be great, but not necessary to just anything that could be added and it would improve/make game better, but not adding it won't really by that big of a issue. Another way to look at it, is to try to encourage people to give you more money. I guess this way it is a bit of manipulation and you still should ask outright for the minimum amount you need to make the game you want to make, but for example. You give a amount that is the bare minimum and you know is reachable, but you might add that if you get more money, you will add some really cool thing/feature that you do want to add to game, but you are not sure you will have budget for it. So if people will really want it to be added, they will try to rise more money to reach the stretch goal. I guess you could also somewhat combine those 2 approaches. For pledge tiers. The basic is getting a free copy of the game, not necessary from any amount though. Also stuff like free soundtrack, some wallpapers or other artbooks etc. Maybe some physical stuff like mousepad, plushies. From other stuff I saw, things like getting beta version to play and/or give feedback. Depending how you look at it, I see some giving people a creative impute. Like design a character/event/whatever and stuff like that. Some give you a lot restrictions, others seems to be pretty free about it. Also there are things like special mention in credits. For me personally, except for free copy of the game I usually don't really care about anything else, but that is usually because there is nothing interesting.

EDIT/ I guess that wasn't exactly what you asked about, but I agree with Anon. It is kinda hard to be specific without details about game itself.

last edited at Jan 12, 2018 2:57PM

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

No idea, sorry. But I certainly like the idea.
Would that somebody share some details of the story...? … maybe? (o^-^o) Or is said somebody not sure yet? ;)

I realized soon after I posted that that not actually sharing any details of what I'm working on would make giving ideas difficult.

It's intended to be a parody of harem games. Many harem and otome games have a best friend character who you might love with all of your heart, but doesn't have a route due to being of the same sex as the main character. (The idea was also inspired by my frustrations with obligatory gay characters in harems/otomes never scoring, like the female love interest in Kiss Him Not Me.)

The main character of the game is the protagonist of an otome game; she's decently average and pursued by many different guys, each of whom correspond to a stereotypical otome guy. Her problem is that she's gay, and in love with her female best friend, but the universe wants her to be an otome protagonist. Her confessions are never heard, and she's constantly put into situations intended to get her closer to the guys. The game chronicles the course of a year as she tries (and often fails) to get her happy ending.

Sorta like this.

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

Since we're sharing music, here's a few of my current favourite songs:

Helios - Convinium
C418 - Cliffside Hinson
DJ Okawari - Chocolate

C418 is really good stuff, thanks!

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ MistressTiramisu

I'm doing alright despite the summer heat. I've mostly just been playing games and watching series on Netflix lately

Playing games and watching series? Sounds like heaven to me d (^‿^✿)
Is there a better way to spend your spare time? ;)
I also still can't get enough of watching series! Care to tell which ones you like?

You should definitely check out Keith Kenniff's other music, he does some great stuff!

I will definitely look into that matter. Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!

I'm always worrying that I'm bothering people when I talk about my life which is kinda why I've been forcing myself to stop doing it as much.

Don't be. You shouldn't worry about stuff like that. At least not around here.
It's always good to see you around! ٩(。•ω•。)

As I've said before, talking is really hard for me but I'm slowly getting better at it.

Skill comes with practice ^^
Also, the more experience you gain, the less the little disturbances that come up every now and then will bother you. When I was a teen, I was just like that. Worrying about everyone and everything – literally about every single word I said and how people could interpret and react to it. Over time it got a lot better and I got more relaxed. It must have been around the time I realized that most people are just too absorbed in their own little world to really take the time to think about everything someone else does or says. Just keep that in mind. It helps a great deal sometimes. … and other times it might make you a little sad too... but still... the benefit is much greater ;)

While I'm here though I want to mention that I'm seriously considering taking a break from the forums … I've also got to start making an effort to get my sleep schedule under control, as staying up all night and sleeping during the day has been causing me a lot of painful headaches.

If you feel that that's what you need right now, then you probably should. Whenever you feel that it gets too much, just take some time off. And adjusting your sleeping schedule should really be a priority. As boring as it sounds but it's not only better for your body but also for a stable mind. Believe me, I have a lot of experience when it comes to that. A few good hours of sleep can sometimes change your whole outlook on life.
So please, take good care of yourself and keep on pursuing happiness! ✌(◕‿-)✌

last edited at Jan 13, 2018 9:27PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ SF

Mind of I share a song?

No one could ever possibly mind something like that! (ˆ⌣ˆ)/

I demand more!

And now it's time to be really gay around here again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Mc-NYPHaQ
Enjoy! (。◕‿◕。) v

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Heheh.. and to think that some people considered life without music a mistake ^^
Glad to see you back around, Anon! We missed you :)

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Felloffalot

The main character of the game is the protagonist of an otome game; she's decently average and pursued by many different guys, each of whom correspond to a stereotypical otome guy. Her problem is that she's gay, and in love with her female best friend, but the universe wants her to be an otome protagonist. Her confessions are never heard, and she's constantly put into situations intended to get her closer to the guys. The game chronicles the course of a year as she tries (and often fails) to get her happy ending.

The premise sounds hilarious! And a little too close to real life somehow (^∇^) Stuff like that doesn't just happen in harem games, unfortunately ;)

I'm not really familiar with kickstarter at all and Nevri already made some great examples for pledge tiers, so I don't think I can contribute anything else to that. At least nothing comes to mind at the moment... But I wish you good luck! Would be kinda cool to see it come to life!

@ SF

ANON'S WISH IS MY COMMAND!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1ZhnSNN8UI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHtvIrc0Q5w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPIyTdL1MrY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlKrrch948A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H87GqJujcOk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8_VovD6fgE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TGn4RZy8Ic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgwi_DULnpc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeSbmS06k1k

Thank you very much!!! m(_ _)m
Your music made my day yesterday! We had such shitty weather and I couldn't get in the mood for any of the fun stuff, so your music was like the light in this gray mess that was my Sunday...
(btw the German in the Attack on Titan track really is horrible ^^ but I still love the music!)

And here's something in return:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtPym3pK7fQ&index=4&list=PLB766B6B451C9F768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LB7LZZGpkw
(I'm totally stuck in the past... not just my mind but my taste in music as well... (e_e) )

@ Blackkitty

Glad to see you back around, Anon! We missed you :)

Hey ho! (⁎ ✪͡ ◡͐✪͡ ⁎)ノ

Yeah, I miss you guys too! It's been a while... It just seems that everyone kinda moved on from here, so it's really hard to come together again most of the time. But I hope you're all doing good! No, not just good, I hope you're doing awesome!!! (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Thank you very much!!! m(_ _)m
Your music made my day yesterday! We had such shitty weather and I couldn't get in the mood for any of the fun stuff, so your music was like the light in this gray mess that was my Sunday...

No No, thank you! The fact that my shitty taste in music was able to make your day better makes my day better, honestly. Because lately I haven't been.....Well....As happy as I was in 2016, I go into more detail in this discord post. So I guess you really made me feel better huh ^^

(btw the German in the Attack on Titan track really is horrible ^^ but I still love the music!)

It's funny how in Hiroyuki Sawano's tracks he flubs up the German but does the English pretty decently huh. :P
And it's also really nice to see him step out of his comfort zone and do a slow emotional track occasionally.

And here's something in return:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtPym3pK7fQ&index=4&list=PLB766B6B451C9F768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LB7LZZGpkw
(I'm totally stuck in the past... not just my mind but my taste in music as well... (e_e) )

Tfw you haven't played either game but are still amazed by their osts. Thanks Anon! I especially love the first one!

last edited at Jan 15, 2018 6:51PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ SF

Come here for a second ヾ(゚∀゚ゞ)
(っ⌒‿⌒)っ
Let me give you a hug. And not just a rushed one to keep appearance and fill my daily quota but a truly heartfelt and understanding embrace that makes you feel warm and welcome (˘⌣˘)ε˘`) – that's what I intend at least ^^ If it feels creepy I'll stop ;)

No No, thank you! The fact that my shitty taste in music was able to make your day better makes my day better, honestly.

Sometimes it really doesn't take much, right? Just knowing that there is somebody out there who thinks of you; that much alone can make your day better. I experienced it through your songs yesterday and my message gave you the same feeling.
I can completely connect to that.
People like us, we tend to isolate ourselves when really all we want is to bridge that distance that we feel everyday. Humankind sure is strange ^^
Most people feel that way – at least at some point in their lives – and still it is so awfully hard to find a way around it and to come together. Must be something in our genes that keeps us and our behaviors from making any sense, I guess ;)

Because lately I haven't been.....Well....As happy as I was in 2016, I go into more detail in this discord post.

We all have our ups and downs... I hope you'll find a way to feel better about yourself again soon. It can be really draining to feel that way, I know.
I read your discord post. I'll just refrain from quoting it here.
But I can ensure you that you are NOT annoying to everyone. At least you are not to me. And – that's one of the few things that I've learned in life by now – if I feel that way, there are at least a couple more people out there that share this feeling with me. And you really got along well with others on here too. Not everyone, maybe, but that's just how it always is. So please don't let stuff like that get to you. Even I creeped some people out around here ;) And it actually makes me smile rather than cry – okay, sometimes I do wonder for a second what the exact moment was – but still. I know that I am weird somehow – I always have been - but that's also what makes me who I am, so I learned to embrace it.
Maybe that's one way to better deal with things like that: to just acknowledge your being – or maybe not even being but just feeling - different is something that makes you special in a good way. Something to take pride in. That probably won't always help you feeling less lonely but it might really help to give you a better feeling about yourself – and sometimes that's really all we need: to feel good about ourselves again.
I might not always be around but please just always keep in mind that I for one really like and care about you. I'm just human too, so most of the time my head is just too far up my own ass to actually take the time to write to people but right now I'm using my sleeping time to reply to your message. I'm not saying this to make you feel bad. I am saying this to show you that you mean something to me. Enough to keep me awake at this moment.
And – on another note – having friends doesn't always keep you from feeling lonely either. People came and went in my life. Good friends and half-assed friends... sometimes I felt lonely even among those. And that feeling is far more scary. When you are alone, all by yourself, you expect to feel lonely too. It's something that logic dictates somehow. But when you are surrounded by people and still feel lonely... that feels far worse.
I don't think that people are annoyed by you here, it's more that people always seek out the coolest places to hang out. They want what's hip and new ;)
So they moved on and don't take the time to show up anymore. Personally, I'm just too old-fashioned in my heart to do that. That's why I still haven't created a discord account to this day. It feels like betraying what we had here... ^^
See? With thinking like that I will surely die alone too one day (^∇^) But who gives a fuck!?!
That doesn't change the fact that I still rather use email than What's App and whatever it is that the cool kids use these days to keep in touch! t(-__-t)
I'M SPECIAL AND NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME!!!!!! ✌(◕‿-)✌
That's the way to go about things ;)

And now here's another song for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdQY7BusJNU
It might not be your kind of music but.... if you're lost, you can look and you will find me, time after time! ٩(♡ε♡ )

joined Jun 11, 2016

You always know what to say Anon, always. :')

joined Jun 22, 2016

Nah... I just talk too much, that's all. And sometimes, somewhere in all those words, someone might be able to find a little something that makes some sense... or not ;)

I hope you slept well last night! (o^-^o)

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I had the intention to say something, but having read Anon’s post, it would be pointless ^^

I will listen to the music instead :)
And since I lack the energy&concentration to revise for the exam tomorrow, may I ask for some suitable tunes?

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ SF

It's funny how in Hiroyuki Sawano's tracks he flubs up the German but does the English pretty decently huh. :P

I guess German is kinda … well... sharp-edged somehow. It's not as smooth as English... for someone who isn't used to that it's not the easiest language to pronounce, I'm sure.
But the Japanese aren't the only ones with bad German. Recently I watched Atomic Blonde again and it has a lot of horrible German gibberish ^^
I found that especially funny since they even shot parts of the movie in Berlin and we have a lot of okay-ish actors that are good enough for some smaller roles at least. But they still like to use bad German speaking foreigners that try to act German ;) Even TV shows like Homeland and Breaking Bad did that. Fun to listen to somehow ;) but hard to understand...

Tfw you haven't played either game but are still amazed by their osts. Thanks Anon! I especially love the first one!

Then you should definitely listen to the whole ICO ost. I love it even today and it's only about half an hour long, I think.

@ Blackkitty

I had the intention to say something, but having read Anon’s post, it would be pointless ^^

But it's never pointless to let someone know that you care! Just like you always let me know that you haven't forgotten about me yet even though I totally suck at replying lately... Still means a lot!
And I'm really proud of you being in France right now!!! You did it!!! Atta girl! °(^▿^)/°

And since I lack the energy&concentration to revise for the exam tomorrow, may I ask for some suitable tunes?

Probably waaaay too late by now but... when you need to study it can't be too distracting... so... maybe... something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLKGjCpLIZA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4FhdhIAYyg

@ MistressTiramisu

Oh my gosh you guys I just can't stay away from this little corner of the internet without thinking of it constantly and wanting to come back

Are we really thaaaat addictive? (◦’ںˉ◦)

And Anon is back, so how could I not want to be here?!

(。☬0☬。) Thank you!(╯•ω•╰) But... you're really giving me too much credit here...

I'm doing my weird "typing like I actually talk in real life" thing again but it's the only way I can convey these feelings.

Doesn't sound weird to me at all. So, please, continue if you like! ^^b And really glad to see that you seem to be doing better! Were you able to adjust your sleeping schedule a little?

Everyone here means a lot to me, so much so that I came back because you're so damn important and I want you to know that.

… I don't know what to say anymore... (´⊙ω⊙`)ᵒᵐᵍᵎᵎᵎ
You're being too nice!

I'm sorry I'm always leaving and being such an emotional mess, I know you care about me and I want you to know I appreciate that. I'm sorry I haven't been as good a friend to you as you have been to me.

Aren't we all just emotional messes sometimes ;) It's all good! Nothing to feel sorry about!
And that's the cool thing about this place here. No strings attached. You're not obliged to show up. But it's always great when you do!

Here's some more chill music for you all to enjoy!

Just as always: Thank you for the music! (⌐■_■)

Edit: (σ‾▿‾)-σ You! (≧∀≦)
Glad I was fast enough to still catch those before they ran away again! ;)

last edited at Jan 16, 2018 3:54PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

Also if it isn't too much to ask, do y'all mind calling me Ashleigh instead of my username?

No problem, Ashleigh. ;P

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Ashleigh

Sure thing, as you wish! Ashleigh it is then.

Anon what the heck you nerd

Ah! Finally someone realized it! (。⌒∇⌒) I'm a total nerd, I admit it! ;)

So do any of you play video games?

I do! I love them! But I just don't get around to it anymore... (╥﹏╥)
So I can only talk about retro games at best... (^_^“)

But I can share a fun story! ^^
This evening when I left the house to go shopping I realized that it was getting really icy and slippery out on the streets. Nice, right? But I still decided to go anyway. So all the way – to three different shops I needed to reach – I was walking like a penguin, feeling like a dork and giggling to myself, but I managed. I successfully avoided all the traffic lights since I was too embarrassed to cross the streets there – just didn't like the thought of every driver watching me while I was wobbling around like that ^^ - and I still managed to stay on my feet! After leaving the third shop all that was left was to walk downhill to where I live. Yeah, I know, of course I have to live downhill ^^ So nice during winter! ;) So there I was with my three bags and of course, the second I set foot to go south I slipped and landed on my butt (^∇^) My feet just slid forward and I was practically sitting there straight, in the middle of the street, holding my bags up. Luckily nothing broke!
It's moments like that when you want no one to be around to see you like that ^^ But no such luck. A guy immediately parked his car right behind me and got out to ask if I was alright or if I hurt myself. Neither was the case, so he helped me up. He asked me if I would manage or if I needed a ride. Usually I decline but today I said that if he wouldn't mind driving me down that damn hill I wouldn't say no to that! So he was really kind enough to drive me home safe. A real hero! d (^‿^✿)
There sure are some cool people out there!
Not so fun thing is: he had a broken wrist. Two weeks ago he also slipped and seriously hurt his right hand. Complicated fracture. Even had to use screws to patch him up again... Poor guy...
Long story short: I'm okay and I hope my saviours hand will be too again!
Stay save everyone!

joined Jun 22, 2016

How retro are we talking here? I grew up with the SNES, so that's about as far back as my retro gaming knowledge goes.

Me too! When I was little my first console was a SNES. I was probably a little too young for it but since my sister got one for Christmas I had the honor of getting one as well. So Super Mario was my first video game hero! ^^
Then several years later I switched to a PlayStation console.
That was my golden age of video gaming! I became a Sony disciple!
It was only when I got my own money to spend that I began buying most of the other consoles and started the occasional gaming on those. Nowadays I have a nice retro collection but, like I said, I hardy play anything anymore... T_T Total waste...

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Ashleigh

Also if it isn't too much to ask, do y'all mind calling me Ashleigh instead of my username?

But.. but I got used to calling you Mistress >_>

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ Anon
Thank goodness you are all right! You’ve been too adventurous out there..and you sound so wise most of the time.. I keep my fingers crossed for the poor guy! but it wasn’t a coincidence that he stopped to help you out :)

But it's never pointless to let someone know that you care!

But you do it more eloquently! ^^
And it was you who said yesterday that you are special.. so it’s only logical to be difficult for people to forget about you ;) heh

And I'm really proud of you being in France right now!!! You did it!!! Atta girl! °(^▿^)/°

You are nice! Thank you! :) but I don’t think I’m doing so well though.. I should talk about it probably later because I have to get up early tomorrow...

And thank you for the songs! ^_^ I listened to them, that’s what I need.. if you could take out some more out of your hat would be great heh.. I have one more exam after tomorrow.. though I have no expectations whatsoever..

Sweet dreams everyone! :)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

MistressTiramisu posted:

Not gonna lie I'm a little bummed out that no one asked about Kindred Spirits on the Roof even though I've been intentionally bringing it up so someone will ask me about it... I mean it's yuri, I thought everyone was obsessed with that here? I mean yeah it's a visual novel which is kinda a video game, but still.

Well I have it. I played it. I enjoy it so far for the most part. Didn't really play it since a while though and didn't really felt like I have anything to say. I guess not a lot users check this off topic thread, not a lot users check threads other than those for manga discussions in general, and even there they often don't bother to read anything others wrote, so I'd say don't feel bad about it? Maybe nobody that could add anything read your post at the time.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

MistressTiramisu posted:

Maybe I'm just trying too hard with this being social and making conversation thing

Nah. I guess it is more the issue with how forums work in general. It depends on a lot of factors I guess. You probably would have bigger chance bringing it up in some sort of chat room. Stuff gets ignored in threads a lot of times (knows from experience).

I dunno. I probably came off as a total ass in that post which wasn't intentional, so I apologise.

You didn't. It was normal. You just weren't lucky and people didn't respond or notice. There is nothing to be sorry about.

I just really want to talk about the thing I'm into right now, which just so happens to be Kindred Spirits.

I can feel you. Finding people to talk with about stuff you are interested in can be hard. I guess this thread is not as active as before, so trying to small chat here is not as easy as before. Or people simply don't have time for this.

I'm also not feeling too great right now either so that doesn't help...

pats

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

MistressTiramisu posted:

I was in a couple of Discord servers but they went so fast that I had trouble keeping up.

Yea. Chat is good when it is smaller group. When 10+ people talk at the same time it is hard to keep up and actually make meaningful conversation. I gave up on it pretty fast as well. Especially since I didn't have entire day to try and keep up with it.

I mean people did talk to me and I talked to them, but none of it really went anywhere. I just ended up getting overwhelmed and left, but that seems to be happening a lot to me lately.

It is best when you just want to kill time for a bit. You can get some good conversation, but unless it is like group of friends, it usually isn't good for the long term. When you click with someone it would probably be better to move conversation to private.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Kindred Spirits, really really good game. Probably the biggest inspiration for the VN I'm working on right now. (I should probably make the MC less of a Yuna copycat, though...)

To reply you must either login or sign up.