Forum › Anime season

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

girls last tour manga ends.
rip chito and yuuri. it's inevitable but still so sad.
went to sleep forever.

What are you talking about? Nothing indicates that they died in their sleep.
no food and fuel/heat source, sleep outside in very cold climate, napoleon army style

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Well, she specifically wants to know about love, which isn't really a battlefield thing. But, yeah, the show is worthwhile just for the animation, but I remain skeptical about basically every other aspect

Well... she clearly loves him, so she knows about that already...also, everything implies she doesn't know about feelings.
There's a couple of other things that bothers me in the show. Like, why don't tell her already what happened to the major? She clearly understand the concept of death and she's not a child. In fact, even hiding it from a child is wrong. That just seems like a cheap move to push the scene to the last episode. Why the Evergarden were all welcoming with her and suddenly she can't live with them anymore? They didn't even give a reason. Just looks like their only point in the story was to give the anime a title. The last bit with them saying "she finally asked something for herself" also bothers me, because she didn't. She just wants to understand her "master", like she did all her life. If that's representative of the growth in her character, I'm not looking forward to it.

What gives me hope it the probably episodic format, since the other stories might be more interesting than Violet's. Yoshida Reiko is a good writer, after all. It turns out that the general idea doesn't help her.

last edited at Jan 12, 2018 6:13AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

went to sleep forever.

no food and fuel/heat source, sleep outside in very cold climate, napoleon army style

You literally see them make and eat soup. They also sleep under a blanket right next to each other, the go to method to surviving freezing cold with no fire.

last edited at Jan 12, 2018 7:01AM

joined Dec 16, 2013

went to sleep forever.

You literally see them make and eat soup. They also sleep under a blanket right next to each other, the go to method to surviving freezing cold with no fire.

it's over for them either they starve to death or die in their sleep, pick your poison.
died in their sleep the better way to go. there's no good end just better way to go.

last edited at Jan 12, 2018 7:10AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

it's over for them either they starve to death or die in their sleep, pick your poison.
died in their sleep the better way to go. there's no good end just better way to go.

Except there is absolutely no reason to believe that they are going to do either.

joined Jan 21, 2015

went to sleep forever.

Technically we don't see them die, but without resources they wouldn't last more than a few days. Did you want to see them slowly freeze and/or starve to death? I'm glad we were spared that, even though we know that's where it was going.

Except there is absolutely no reason to believe that they are going to do either.

What's your interpretation of the ending? I don't see any other direction things could go from there.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

What's your interpretation of the ending? I don't see any other direction things could go from there.

Literally have food, water, and capable of getting heat to live. Might as well say that cavemen during the ice age should have just killed themselves to spare them from the torture of having to learn to survive the climate.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Maerchen Maedchen is a bit ugly but otherwise quite enjoyable. And it features the main character fantasizing about her step-sister and confessing to a girl literally as soon as she meets her. It looks pretty gay

I think she watched a bit too much of Citrus.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Literally have food, water, and capable of getting heat to live. Might as well say that cavemen during the ice age should have just killed themselves to spare them from the torture of having to learn to survive the climate.

Okay, that's a way of seeing the ending. I mean, I don't agree, but I don't want to go in-depth right now because the chapter was just released and I'm sure I'm not the only one who tends to absentmindedly highlight spoilers while scrolling through Dynasty half-asleep. (Although technically they would've gotten spoiled already)

I'll explain my point of view later–if you care, that is! But either way, I loved this series. I'm glad I picked it up without knowing anything about it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

About girl Last Tour, I don't know... Maybe we're making assumptions based on the author previous work? I only saw the last chapter but not the previous one that came after the anime, if there's literally nothing up there beyond the horizon and they can't go back ... We have a problem! if not, then their tour will go on

About Evergarden, I guess they refuse to tell her the truth because they're afraid she might lose her will to live, so they want her to have something else in her life beyond wanting to be use for the major before telling her.

I would like to know more about the world first, is there magic? or they have automails like FMA? is not this world, that's for sure.

Maerchen I hate that yankee girl, using violence like that, I'm tired of those kind of character that always go around unpunished like ORA ORA ORA show me your strength!! if I kill you well that's your fault. Everything else was nice!

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

The SSR ending reminds me a bit of Texhnolyze's. Them going to the highest level just to find that there's absolutely no hope in it & them "happily sleeping" as the very last humans on earth. At least they are not bleeding to death here, but then again, Ichise didn't have to sleep in the cold either.

The soup was not soup, it is a mistranslation. They just heated up some snow to drink. The pack of rations they ate was the last & that pack was Yuu mistaking it for explosive. They ran out of food on their way up and it doesn't seem like they found any on the way either. They don't have much fuel left. The panel where they were heating up the water, they were trying to cheer on the last bit of fire. It wouldn't be too bad if there were dry woods lying around, but there are none of that in this world. With the manga being about the end of all humanity on earth & the girls constantly reminding us of their sealed fate, the last panel where it zooms out to a single stone amidst a field of vast nothingness & them sleeping under it without us ever seeing them waking up again for me just indicates death. Assuming they do wake up afterwards, their journey won't last much longer. It took them a while to go up and they didn't find any new resources along the way, now with all the original resources gone, they probably won't make it as far either. Unless there's some epilogue indicating otherwise, I agree with TB that we are simply spared of seeing them starving/freezing to death.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's okay to cry now

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

It's okay to cry now

I've been embracing the zetsubou or trying to.

joined Jan 21, 2015

(Gudetamago's Girls' Last Tour manga spoilers)

Agreed. To add to this: The way I see it, at some point the girls realized that their journey to the highest level was a one-way trip. For them it might have been when their Kettenkrad broke down and it became obvious how much having a vehicle had helped them survive for so long, but looking back we could notice how pathways tended to collapse after them and how they were repeatedly told that few resources were left in the entire city. There was nothing to go back to even if they found a way to go back down. We were told indirectly that Kanazawa and Ishii hadn't survived, why would Chito and Yuuri fare any better? And with them progressively abandoning or using everything they were carrying, their trek to the top felt increasingly final with each chapter. By the time Chito started burning her books I don't think they were even expecting to find anything up there anymore.
I thought their last words about figuring out what to do next when they woke up were similar to when Chito burned her diary and Yuuri told her "You'll be fine, you have a great memory"—empty reassurances and not quite wanting to accept death yet even though they knew it was inevitable.

Short version: I think of it as a straightforward depressing ending with the silver lining of "Oh well, we made the most we could out of this life". Painful, but in a good way.

joined Dec 16, 2013

Short version: I think of it as a straightforward depressing ending with the silver lining of "Oh well, we made the most we could out of this life". Painful, but in a good way.

yuuri will eat chito and live few days longer

last edited at Jan 12, 2018 5:22PM

joined Dec 16, 2013

hakumei to mikochi a legit couple??

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

This page rlly sums up that idea rlly well. Also, the past tense is intentional in the original Japanese as well.

joined Dec 16, 2013

vertical smartphone anime is the future.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I don't think I'm gonna bother with the manga. I loved the anime, but I don't think my heart could handle more than that.

Anyway, ep 1 of Hakumei & Mikochi was everything I hoped for. I'm a tiny bit disappointed that the Walking Underfoot section was just stuck into the credits instead of being a voiced after-credits scene, but the rest was sooo good <3

joined Jan 21, 2015

yuuri will eat chito and live few days longer

"^^ Dude.

This page rlly sums up that idea rlly well. Also, the past tense is intentional in the original Japanese as well.

Yeah, the use of the past tense hit me hard, especially coming from Yuu. The two-page spreads were gorgeous.

Also how did I go so long without knowing that something as wonderful as Hakumei & Mikochi existed?! I'll have to stop myself from reading all of the manga in one go now.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Also how did I go so long without knowing that something as wonderful as Hakumei & Mikochi existed?! I'll have to stop myself from reading all of the manga in one go now.

The words are familiar, but that last sentence makes no sense.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I just saw Koi wa Ameagari no You ni and omg I think that's my favorite so far!!! and just when you're about to close with a good feeling the amazing ED song hits you like a truck hits the MC in isekais

last edited at Jan 12, 2018 7:21PM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Could one make a critical analysis on Girls Last Tour? It certainty is a work I feel that leaves you with emotions.

joined Dec 16, 2013

dagashi kashi 2! finally the perfect flatchest return!
girl last tour ova when?!!

joined Jan 21, 2015

The words are familiar, but that last sentence makes no sense.

Yeah, I'm probably just kidding myself and I'll have caught up with the manga in a few days.

To reply you must either login or sign up.