Forum › Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid discussion

Prprcharlotte_8
joined Apr 1, 2013

Chapter 36 is missing here...
I've check on Vivid Translations' site and saw it so i guess it's just an oversight.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I remember back when A's was airing, I was in love with Nanoha anime, and I kept seeking Nanoha+Fate doujins all day long. Then Strikers came, although the change of settings took me a little off balance, it was still great... then Force, then Vivid, and the series is just Nanoha only in name...

I wish it could go back to those times when the series was still great, when NanoFate were still the main characters, when you could laugh at the characters doing random things while important plot points where discussed, when the magical girl series suddenly has the intergalactic militia involved and not the other way around. Damn, I even miss Yuuno hanging around with the rest of the party (and Arf, of course). But I guess it won't be possible, specially since the only reboot was to shamelesly promote a game through sex appeal.

The series is dead to me now. I loved it so much that i feel betrayed by the way it changed. Just look at ViVid, with it's power level all over the place: Back in the first series Nanoha was considered a rarity, the raw power she had could surpass that of the military trained mages, and now we have a tournament full of random kids who seem like they could give Nanoha and Fate a good beating (at least as they were at that age).

I should not have read this manga continuations. I would have been happier if Striker's end was the last thing I knew about the series.

last edited at Apr 11, 2019 9:01PM

joined Feb 7, 2013

Seems to me that Nanoha would probably blow them out of the water if the arena was a bit bigger. Nano's generally described as a long-range aerial type while these are all close-ranged fighters.

If you go by the size of Starlight Breaker in the movie, that attack could probably vapourize the entire arena. It was like a tactical nuke and essentially demolished an entire (fake) city. Plus Divine Buster is a penetrative type and would punch holes in the arena walls, it went right through multiple magic-resistant walls of that magic battleship.

joined Jul 21, 2011

I remember back when A's was airing, I was in love with Nanoha anime, and I kept seeking Nanoha+Fate doujins all day long. Then Strikers came, although the change of settings took me a little off balance, it was still great... then Force, then Vivid, and the series is just Nanoha only in name...

I wish it could go back to those times when the series was still great, when NanoFate were still the main characters, when you could laugh at the characters doing random things while important plot points where discussed, when the magical girl series suddenly has the intergalactic militia involved and not the other way around. Damn, I even miss Yuuno hanging around with the rest of the party (and Arf, of course). But I guess it won't be possible, specially since the only reboot was to shamelesly promote a game through sex appeal.

The series is dead to me now. I loved it so much that i feel betrayed by the way it changed. Just look at ViVid, with it's power level all over the place: Back in the first series Nanoha was considered a rarity, the raw power she had could surpass that of the military trained mages, and now we have a tournament full of random kids who seem like they could give Nanoha and Fate a good beating (at least as they were at that age).

Should read this manga continuations, I would have been happier if Striker's end was the last thing I knew about the series.

I agree with this. When i saw Fate put in that position by her adopted son, i was done with this.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Ah... I want to see some real action. I always fantasize that people will come attacking the stadium from a very evil group of people and Nanoha will kick their butts... Ah... I miss those times that Nanoha will just Starlight Breaker everything... :(

joined May 14, 2013

Ah... I want to see some real action. I always fantasize that people will come attacking the stadium from a very evil group of people and Nanoha will kick their butts... Ah... I miss those times that Nanoha will just Starlight Breaker everything... :(

You're right. It's still good nevertheless. Not as much as the older Nanoha series of course. Even in StrickerS, there wasn't enough of Nanoha. I miss her.
And the fact that it's more martial arts doesn't really interest me either.

Though, I really wonder why there is the Yuri tag? It doesn't seem like there will be some... right?

joined Sep 27, 2013

Should read this manga continuations, I would have been happier if Striker's end was the last thing I knew about the series.

I agree with this. When i saw Fate put in that position by her adopted son, i was done with this.

yeah i agree with you two, but why this manga is still tagged as "Yuri", they should change the "Yuri" tag into "Subtext" tag or just delete the "Yuri" tag instead!

last edited at Sep 27, 2013 9:04AM

joined Sep 27, 2013

yeah i agree with you two, but why this manga is still tagged as "Yuri", they should change the "Yuri" tag into "Subtext" tag or just delete the "Yuri" tag instead!

b-but Wings of Yuri/Solelo is still scanlating this manga...

joined Nov 3, 2013

I totally agree with you guys here. Maybe, it's gone too far for my liking. After reading a few chapters of the series, I decided I should just stick with the doujins of those good old times.

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

I guess this is all a matter of perspective. Personally, I got started in the series with StrikerS and simply just informed myself about the backstory of the relevant characters via Wiki. I never actually watched the first and second MGLN season, because I never really liked the whole setting of children fighting serious battles (hence why I also didn't like the roles of Erio and Caro). I guess it's for that lack of nostalgia that I actually find myself enjoying Vivid very much, since it continues the story of the characters I've come to love in StrikerS.

Tumblr_nhu0zv3oda1qi0l3mo5_250
joined Jul 3, 2013

Wow so much hate. I frankly just read it for the action and not much else. There's lolis and fanservice but damn are these fight scenes drawn well, and there's even character development. Eh I enjoy it.

joined Nov 11, 2013

Haha vivid... This is UK I think? Or disregard

Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Yay for info and fan-service dump.... -.-' lol...

4og3pf8
joined Jan 27, 2012

yay tits.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

The series is dead to me now.

joined Mar 30, 2012

I really only stick around hoping for glimpses of nanoha/fate but Vivio fighting scenes are okay. There's a whole bunch of new characters which is on par but in a too short amount of time, plus for every somewhat important character there are 2 or 3 following them who could be cut out and nothing would matter.

The recent library battle was a let down, it went for more fanservice than the magic battles I was looking forward to, but fanservice sells so I'm not complaining since I haven't bought any of these books. The story is kind of weak too, no idea where it's going not that there was much expectation for a story. BUT I like reading this series, it's light and a few lol moments, not that bad.

last edited at Feb 23, 2014 7:30AM

Profile_picture_by_revolpe-d7ojz00
joined Apr 1, 2013

I really only stick around hoping for glimpses of nanoha/fate

Psmix_2016-03-11-23-34-17
joined Mar 3, 2013

^This

Also that scanlator note... Just No.

37dd6a44617256a82f4674880d23097b
joined Feb 15, 2014

that scanlator note

Yeah, that credits page is just awful, the scanlators can go fuck themselves.

joined Mar 30, 2012

that scanlator note

Yeah, that credits page is just awful

I think they made up for it on the ch48 credits ;D I suddenly feel much better about the series haha.

last edited at Apr 14, 2014 10:19AM

Dd_croissant__kawaii__by_amis0129-d5l0ecf
joined Mar 1, 2014

Vivid Translations made a version 2 of chapter 47 a couple of days after the shitstorm, with no troll credits, someone should update the version in the reader to avoid future exposing new readers to unnecessary headaches. No idea how to formally suggest it myself.

http://vividtrans.wordpress.com/2014/02/22/return-to-the-zero-gravity-library-vivid-47/

Apparently their editor was the rabid Nanoha/yuri hater that has been spamming the same picture from the credits for years on /a/ and /u/ to provoke the fans and derail otherwise good threads.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Vivid Translations made a version 2 of chapter 47 a couple of days after the shitstorm

Hmm, weird. Did they really? The DL link there has the same credits, same goes for the dl link in their Downloads section.

last edited at Apr 14, 2014 9:54PM

Dd_croissant__kawaii__by_amis0129-d5l0ecf
joined Mar 1, 2014

You're right, I don't know what happened, if they took it down or if it's a mistake. I posted a comment on their blog to see if they fix it.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Here's the good version of chapter 47:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/al3hwwi6v4n5hdx/Nanoha_ViVid_ch47v2_%5BViVidTrans%5D.rar

Whoops, 6 days late, but updated with v2. Rather bizarre...if you don't see the updated credits page, clear your cache and it should show up.

To reply you must either login or sign up.