Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

lol what a sad way of looking at it. I prefer to think of it as finished than abandoned teary eyed
Gaji wants you to stop peeping into Sumin's personal life XDDD

well, they created a legend with a 360 degree wrist movement in ch4 XDD
what's not to learn from her ! (here is how my iBook looks like, still couldn't understand Sumin's position in that chapter XD)

joined Feb 4, 2017

speaking of dirty jokes.. we are in page 69 for the 4th time XD yappyyyy

Eliz
joined Jul 26, 2017

I believe that no one is dumb when it comes to education.. but the system sometimes requires an elephant to race like a horse.. and a horse to grow like an elephant

Haha, I like the analogy. However, my shitty grades were completely my fault. I spent all my time playing video game and sleeping instead of going to class. Hehehe. Oh well, I got lucky, things worked out for the better. Hehehe.

last edited at Sep 1, 2017 10:12PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Dear Ken,

Amy told me about your questions, and that you won't ask me directly in Dynasty because I may snap at you, I apologise for making you feel like that, here is a flower Ken-chan and a hug ヾ(❀╹◡╹)ノ~ .. I won't be rude to you. I am flattered when I am asked. The only stupid questions are those that come right after I just answered them XD or express arrogance and extreme bias in them.

so, let's answer your questions:

1. I don't think anyone paid anyone else to alter their decision toward their relationships.. (okay, Seju's father tried to convince Sumin to leave with Seju, but Sumin was never forced to do so) if you mean Seju's brother paid Sungji, this is highly unlikely.. even if we do think that he might do it, Sungji is the stubborn idealist type, paying her money to leave Sumin would only make her do the exact opposite.
  2. about Sungji's statement: "I want to make sure that the one I love won't hurt anymore", Sungji loves Sumin.. but the hurt she meant could mean many things depending on how Sungji defines Sumin's hurt. Is it the fact that Sumin feels guilty and torn between Sungji and Seju? or the fact that Seju caused Sumin to be hurt at some point or maybe herself?.. This, I guess, will be hard to interpret for sure at this moment.
  3. Regarding Sungji and Dawoon, there is the fact that Sungji felt comfortable and loved by her.. she even respects her highly and takes her words by heart and mind to even recall them in ch83 and later on in ch85 (?). She was not sure if "her liking" to Dawoon's tratement was out of emptiness or genuine liking feelings.. because maybe Dawoon went a bit too fast at that specific time frame when Sungji was still dealing with her past and new feelings not only towards Sumin but everything else including Dawoon. Will Sungji position hold true this time or will it change regarding Dawoon? I can't say for sure.. and even so, I don't know if we will see this in the upcoming chapters or in a sequel.
  4. "who is the fox ?" the author of WDTFS answered this question, here is a snap shot http://imgur.com/a/oVxTs AND, this link is for free.. check it out: https://www.lezhin.com/en/comic/wdfs/s1
  5. who called Sungji: Sungji-ah.. could be none other but Dawoon.. because Sumin in the same exact chapter calls her: Sungji-ssi .. and Sumin only calls her Sungji-ah when they are doing some "work outs" XD .. the (-ah) can not be used for none close people to the person they call. So the person you suggested can't be the one who called her.
joined Feb 4, 2017

speaking of arrogance,

I know that this anon from 4chan had read Izz's and my posts in page 283 regarding a Q&A from TG here

but honey really, did it occur to you that TG didn't forget their own art but the translation of the korean word for alcohol to english is also wine and you built a wild judgment based on lazy reading ? because the information was corrected in BOTH 4chan and in another post (in Dynasty where you got your canned information from )

the original Q&A

A) 정말 술이 웬수다.
Gyeomji) Wine is a turncoat. Go easy on the alcohol, you guys too. 술이 웬수죠. 여러분도 술 적당히 드세요.

this is madness, this person doesn't even believe what TG said about their own character "Seju had to put up with alot" and then so arrogantly analyses that all this is to prolong his/her perspective "Pulse" that happened to be called "What does the fox say?"

XDDD

last edited at Sep 2, 2017 8:52PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Nora89

then so arrogantly analyses that all this is to prolong his/her perspective "Pulse" that happened to be called "What does the fox say?"

I like how you phrased that. XD

There are many comments similar that one unfortunately.

joined Feb 4, 2017

mpgpeg

I like how you phrased that. XD
There are many comments similar that one unfortunately.

the masochistic part of me made me do so many crazy things.. including reading 4chan XD .. but to be fair, some people in there do a great job translating Q&A and tweets of Team Gaji.

K3N
hahaha.. don't worry, you don't annoy me, I am also guilty of deviating from WDFTS topic in this thread sometimes. XDDD
If you became too much or do something wrong "to me" , I would say so directly. So please stop being so scared of annoying me, it never happened from your part. I even changed my avatar to look less smirky XD

Getting back to your questions:
I don't think that Seju's father cares much about the nature of Sumin and Seju's relationship.. he just wanted Sumin to go first so Seju would also leave.. because as Saehyun said in ch58: Seju won't leave as long as Sumin is here.

So the father was pretty much settled with providing Sumin what she needs to have a comfortable life moving to the States.

Saehyun may never interact with Sungji, nor that he seems to know such details.. what Saehyun cares about mostly is for Seju to live regardless of her relationship status with Sumin.

As I mentioned before, Sungji is very idealistic and sincere, especially at the beginning. Recall with me how she used to express her emotions to Sumin's fully and honestly as she feels them (ch18, ch20 "Lunch", ch23, ch24, ch52.. and flashback of ch63), All what Sungji needed to "activate" her feelings to Sumin is knowing that Sumin "needed" her care and love, ch14. yes she became a person who deals with her emotions and insecurities by her own without telling Sumin directly what's in her mind.. but that doesn't mean that Sungji didn't give Sumin all what she could.. and even expressed her needs for assurance, emotional security and love directly to Sumin.

Sungji leaving Sumin was rather expected, at least from my part, and I said that this will happen sooner or later because everything was heading into that direction.. I still don't understand why some readers are so surprised .. or maybe the surprising part was the time and method.

Why is it not Surprising? as I mentioned.. problems from within the relationship between Sumin and Sungji.. Sungji knows that Sumin would never open up or be fully honest with her.. even if she tries to treat her well.. this is somewhat frustrating to Sungji.. how many times does Sungji need to find out about some sneaky secret or a lie that Sumin hides from her?
Trust issues within the relationship.. from ch90 you saw that Sungji imagines Sumin and Seju in an intimate embrace even if that didn't happen but still, the idea is painful for her.. many many things I would love to mention.. but I will try to make this post compact (or is it too late for that now XD) .

now.. from what I discussed above, there was no need really to bribe Sungji to do anything.. because the flow of the story itself led us to the same conclusion you are thinking about.

Does Sungji love Sumin?
She does.. but loving someone and trusting them are two different things.. and love can't be the only pillar to keep a relationship going strong.

The "hurt" part in Sungji's statement from ch90 could mean different kinds of hurt.. a person may not want to hurt her/himself, but may settle with a temporary pain in order to stop the bleeding on the long run. And maybe this is what Sungji did.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

speaking of arrogance,

I know that this anon from 4chan had read Izz's and my posts in page 283 regarding a Q&A from TG here

but honey really, did it occur to you that TG didn't forget their own art but the translation of the korean word for alcohol to english is also wine and you built a wild judgment based on lazy reading ? because the information was corrected in **BOTH 4chan and in another post (in Dynasty where you got your canned information from )**

Was it really on 4chan? They delete those topics so fast that it's impossible to follow them.
I'm not sure if the correction was added to the translation so if someone just dug it up... Well, they may have no idea this isn't fully correct either. Same goes to the mistakes in the story, like a day of paid vacation for Sungji instead of a month and sister in law instead of stepsister. It's not corrected so people may not get it if they didn't read about it ;)

the original Q&A

A) 정말 술이 웬수다.
Gyeomji) Wine is a turncoat. Go easy on the alcohol, you guys too. 술이 웬수죠. 여러분도 술 적당히 드세요.

this is madness, this person doesn't even believe what TG said about their own character "Seju had to put up with alot" and then so arrogantly analyses that all this is to prolong his/her perspective "Pulse" that happened to be called "What does the fox say?"

XDDD

Hahaha, this is a good one.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Izz

Was it really on 4chan? They delete those topics so fast that it's impossible to follow them.

yes, I remember that I even posted about it in here.. can't recall the page really.

I'm not sure if the correction was added to the translation so if someone just dug it up... Well, they may have no idea this isn't fully correct either.

but the concept itself is arrogant.. how could they belittle a creator based on lousy translation in which the correction of it was mentioned in both resources that this person got their information from. It is madness.
Then they support their opinion "that TG messed up" based on a lame base like this one!

Same goes to the mistakes in the story, like a day of paid vacation for Sungji instead of a month and sister in law instead of stepsister. It's not corrected so people may not get it if they didn't read about it ;)

ah, for that we do post here (yoonie and I) and others in 4chan any corrections regarding these mistakes all of the above I did post screenshots of their corrections and comparison between official and unofficial translation

last edited at Sep 3, 2017 9:51AM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017
  1. "who is the fox ?" the author of WDTFS answered this question, here is a snap shot http://imgur.com/a/oVxTs

Good and true explanation, thanks for sharing that.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Izz

yes, I remember that I even posted about it in here.. can't recall the page really.

It was a few months ago. 4chan's topics end up in trash in a blink of an eye. There's no point to even keep the link because it dies. The best solution - visit them only when the chapter comes out :P

I'm not sure if the correction was added to the translation so if someone just dug it up... Well, they may have no idea this isn't fully correct either.

but the concept itself is arrogant.. how could they belittle a creator based on lousy translation in which the correction of it was mentioned in both resources that this person got their information from. It is madness.

Try imagine what they thought (or maybe still think?) about Ratana Satis then, lol.

Then they support their opinion "that TG messed up" based on a lame base like this one!

Same goes to the mistakes in the story, like a day of paid vacation for Sungji instead of a month and sister in law instead of stepsister. It's not corrected so people may not get it if they didn't read about it ;)

ah, for that we do post here (yoonie and I) and others in 4chan any corrections regarding these mistakes all of the above I did post screenshots of their corrections and comparison between official and unofficial translation

But not everyone reads them ;)
I'm sure I missed a few of those too because this topic can go really fast and when I'm absent for a few days/weeks, you girls can write even 50+ pages.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Izz

Try imagine what they thought (or maybe still think?) about Ratana Satis then, lol.

I am not a fan of her, and I think that's obvious XD .. but this not because how she navigated her story lately.. but the whole thing is so not my taste.. I never ever felt that she knew what wanted from the story before writing it in the first place, then you get everything you expect shoved on the face.. and the art sometimes is so awkward, why do the characters look at us when they are having sex.. it makes me feel that they are posing for some magazine and so not natural. I have my pain engraved in a photographic memory XDDD

But not everyone reads them ;)
I'm sure I missed a few of those too because this topic can go really fast and when I'm absent for a few days/weeks, you girls can write even 50+ pages.

but they "read" what only matched their opinion.. the person who read the wrong translation could have read about the correction in BOTH places. And, as you said, 4chan posts get deleted after a short while, so the Q&A translation was not hidden in some 40 pages or so.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^Haha, I like Pulse overal. I dislike what happened lately and I feel like there's too much Sue. Other than that, it's still ok :)

Wherever this person took the information from it's still clear he/she didn't read the correction. But not many people will read, for example, this entire topic, or half of it, to catch to everything what was discussed :) and it's not up to us to correct them. Better ignore it and not add more stress to your life, lol.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Izz

oh don't worry, this won't stress me.. I bet that person read it by now and hopefully will reconsider before writing something so arrogant like that again XD.. if not, then at least others now know the correct information regarding that specific idea .

last edited at Sep 3, 2017 12:06PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^Only if they visit often :)

Too bad the English translation comes out a week later. I'd gladly buy next chapter along with Pulse. I won't be home so I don't know if I'll be able to read it that day...

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

I am not a fan of her, and I think that's obvious XD .. but this not because how she navigated her story lately.. but the whole thing is so not my taste.. I never ever felt that she knew what wanted from the story before writing it in the first place, then you get everything you expect shoved on the face..

Lol everything being "shoved in your face" is such an apt description. I'm not a fan either. It severely lacks subtlety =.=

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

This is where most relationships failed to reconcile because of intervention. Let them find their own way. As Saehyun has no right to interfere ten years ago in manwha time between Seju and Sumin. He should have left them to iron out their misunderstandings,

There is no evidence to prove that letting them find their own way would be a better solution than interventing them, right?

last edited at Sep 4, 2017 6:18AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

No talking.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I got plenty in real life. But in the manwha, I think we are moving to that direction. So, no evidence yet in the manwha.

In real life, you can't say for sure either.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

You may talk to the others. Just don't talk to me.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

If "for sure" means 100% no. But a high probability, yes. This is based from my files.

Can't you say for sure that it has a high probability?

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I can say for sure. Over the years. I had been in this for 18 years. I'm quite old already. :)

I have been told by the older people that intervention is a better solution.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I can say for sure. Over the years. I had been in this for 18 years. I'm quite old already. :)

I have been told by the older people that intervention is a better solution.

In relationships? In general, no. In the same way, right now, it is your business. :) But of course, there is nothing absolute in this world. :)

In relationships.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Yes. that is why i said 100%, no. But high probability, yes.

It's just from your experience. To others, it can has a low probability.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

You should have started this below comment with something like "I personally think" to make it a little more like a weak opinion.

This is where most relationships failed to reconcile because of intervention. Let them find their own way. As Saehyun has no right to interfere ten years ago in manwha time between Seju and Sumin. He should have left them to iron out their misunderstandings

last edited at Sep 4, 2017 8:08AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.