Forum › Pulse discussion

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Now that I analyze the chapter I'm starting to ask myself why would Sue need the contract Lynn made with Mel? Any ideas?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Now that I analyze the chapter I'm starting to ask myself why would Sue need the contract Lynn made with Mel? Any ideas?

I consider it as some kind of proof that she left Mel so Sue must leave Mel alone. But didn't check my theory at source :P

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I find the writing kinda bad in here. Lynn immediately believing Sue and then breaking up with Mel in such a harsh way. It just feels inconsistent and forced drama.
Also Mel accepting to get raped instead of just think of a better plan to get Sue out. Like record admitting she changed the lists ir whatever.
This story needs less sex and more non cliche plots.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

I find the writing kinda bad in here. Lynn immediately believing Sue and then breaking up with Mel in such a harsh way. It just feels inconsistent and forced drama.

Lynn is young and naive, that's my only explanation to it.

Also Mel accepting to get raped instead of just think of a better plan to get Sue out. Like record admitting she changed the lists ir whatever.

She was desperate and she had no idea what Sue was doing all this time. She wanted to talk but Sue had something different in mind. Mel would never do that if she knew what Sue did in the first place, I'm sure of it.

This story needs less sex and more non cliche plots.

I'm afraid Ratana likes to make cheap drama. It used to good when she was using it from time to time, it became boring the moment Sue started saying Mel will lose her job but I'm getting more hopes for better story now, at least for a while. No idea when it's going to end, probably soon, so I'm still afraid the end might be rushed.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Lynn is young and naive, that's my only explanation to it.

Well there is always some type of explanation for a development, but having it doesn't make the plot any better. It is not consistent with Lynn's character. She may be young and naive, but she acted pretty cruel for her character nonetheless. It just feels like the author was trying to make it seem sad and make the readers moved, emotionally shocked and more invested in the drama. But it had the opposite effect.

She was desperate and she had no idea what Sue was doing all this time. She wanted to talk but Sue had something different in mind. Mel would never do that if she knew what Sue did in the first place, I'm sure of it.

She didn't seem surprised at all when Sue told her to undress though. To me it definitely seemed like she knew what Sue would ask from her.
Also another thing I have for Mel is that apparently all women want her, which to me is a Mary Sue-ish characteristic. I mean, Sue to go so far as to rape her, mess with the heart transplant lists etc after all these years. And all of this really out of the sudden, without even showing up or bothering her during this period at all.

It would be better development imo if Sue was being more of passive aggressive towards Mel instead of blatantly being the classic psychopath. I think RS should use more of the subtle drama and character development instead of these big crazy ones.
Like Sue being around in the hospital and giving Mel flashbacks of their past with sadness and anxiety. Sue didn't have to be crazy to influence Mel, she could just do that with her presence.
The art is amazing, but there needs work to be done on the characters. Sex in every chapter seems like an attempt to make the story more spicy and interesting, but after a point it is like eating so much candy that makes you sick.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

MacySan,
I'm 99% sure we haven't seen something between Sue and Lynn. They had to talk more and this bts talk has to be the reason to why Sue got this contract. Why she wanted it is the big question. She may want to use it somehow but I can't find any legal or illegal way for it to work.

As for Mel not being surprised... You could see her sweating. She kept her face on but it was clear to me that this wasn't what she planned.

last edited at Aug 26, 2017 3:28PM

joined Aug 27, 2017

MacySan,
I agree w/ your idea on just Sue being in the hospital, she can make Mel remember what they had in the past, the hand accident, and win her back that kind of way. That seems to be more interesting imo. But then we have Mel already loves Lynn so much, Sue doing that wouldn't be enough

joined Jan 16, 2016

Well, Sue 'did' try to go this way. The one scene where she said something about "You want to kill me? You already did when you injured my hand" - well more or less in this direction - but then still saw that Mel was happy with Lynn despite her words.
And not to forget that Mel said something along the lines that she would sacrifice herself for Lynn without hesitation. The feeling that Sue wanted Mel to feel for her and noone else.

I guess Sue already been quiet a crazy person, but being put together with Mel somehow broke some barrier so she went completly crazy. Especially seeing her happy again with another woman.
Not to defend Sue, she is a horrible person and deserves to be punished for what she did. But for me the storyline did make sense. Even though at some times it really felt a bit rushed. On the other hand, I'm happy about some rushing. Actually I prefer it at some points. Like that we do not see the next couple of chapters how Mel gets abused more and more while Lynn still blaming herself for what she did to Mel.

Though my point of view might be a bit influenced, too. Started reading too many stories which are now on hiatus or simply vanished from the screens without anyone knowing if they're actually continued or not... so seeing a story actually moving forward steady is great :]

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^I think Sue was always crazy. She started showing it when she started dating David behind Mel's back. She was greedy for power and she still is, even more than before.

Alextasha Uploader
Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

https://www.facebook.com/ratana.satis/photos/a.788935964499217.1073741832.786519024740911/1551667331559406/?type=3&permPage=1 spoiler to chapter 60?

It's cover for that ep

Sue doesn't look good. I like that. Hopefully she'll end up arrested next chapter.

joined Dec 9, 2014

MacySan,
I agree w/ your idea on just Sue being in the hospital, she can make Mel remember what they had in the past, the hand accident, and win her back that kind of way. That seems to be more interesting imo. But then we have Mel already loves Lynn so much, Sue doing that wouldn't be enough

Well of course, but that's because the author chose to give Mel this direction. Mel was sleeping around and didn't dare to date seriously for a long time because of what happened to her with Sue.
So she could easily be developed differently after Sue coming, and not go with the "I don't care about it anymore" route. I mean developing her differently before that incident you are referring to had happened.

Just saw the cover of chapter 60. Sue now is drawn looking sad? I hope RS doesn't try to make her sympathetic again though. It will be a very abrupt 180 degrees attempt to turn. You can't make someone a rapist and then try to make them redeemed after one chapter.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Just saw the cover of chapter 60. Sue now is drawn looking sad? I hope RS doesn't try to make her sympathetic again though. It will be a very abrupt 180 degrees attempt to turn. You can't make someone a rapist and then try to make them redeemed after one chapter.

Sue will never earn my sympathy. She was created as a psycho right from the beginning, she played with Lynn's life, broke Mel by forcing Lynn to break up with her and then raped her... Nope, making me like her will never happen.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Sue will never earn my sympathy. She was created as a psycho right from the beginning, she played with Lynn's life, broke Mel by forcing Lynn to break up with her and then raped her... Nope, making me like her will never happen.

Pretty sure there is no turning back for her no matter what lol. I'm just thinking it would be bad characterization to try and make her sympathetic now. Like pretty inconsistent.

Also I always felt like Sue was inspired a bit by Seju from wdtfs...
They are very different, but she just gives me this vibe, also regarding her relationship with Mel.

joined Dec 9, 2014

^Maybe Mel was on her period? :o gross joke ik, that's why I spoiled :P

Not surprised by shock drama here though lol.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

As much as I wish for Sue to suffer, I don't want Mel to get legal responsibility for beating her. If that's what happens... I'm afraid Mel may end up arrested too.

joined Jan 16, 2016

For me the picture looks more, like Mel's hand is injured... kinda worried that either Sue did something to get it hurt or that Mel kinda did it herself to get rid of Sue's continued "You destroyed my possibilities as surgeon!" :(

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^But Mel isn't left handed. And why would she even do something like that? Sue just had her revenge. Maybe it's Sue who will try to hurt her more. Can it be friday already?

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

As much as I wish for Sue to suffer, I don't want Mel to get legal responsibility for beating her. If that's what happens... I'm afraid Mel may end up arrested too.

Not too sure about Korean Thai Random Country's law but if Olivia testifies the circumstances (right after getting blackmailed and raped) Mel might get away with another claim of self defense like she did before.

last edited at Aug 31, 2017 4:03PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Not too sure about Korean law but if Olivia testifies the circumstances (right after getting blackmailed and raped) Mel might get away with another claim of self defense like she did before.

Fun fact... Pulse it's not Korean but Thai so I think IF it would be about law, it would be from that country ;) Even if Pulse take place in "random city in random country" ;)

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013
joined Feb 2, 2016

The best chapter ever wow sue and Mel let all there feelings out now
Wondering where this roller coaster going now with characters

Have feelings someone going kill them self

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Good chapter.

So Mel leaves. I like this idea actually. She needs some time for herself anyway so it's good to leave. Besides, I'm not sure if she'll want to work in a hospital where a lot of bad things happened to her very recently anyway. Not to mention, after what Olivia saw.

I had a feeling Crystal will follow her but she surely do look surprised seeing Mel in such state. I think Mel didn't even button up her shirt.

Olivia was doing nice last chapter, in this one she seems to pity Sue so I'm not sure if she'll be a valuable asset against her during the trial. If the trial even happens.

Sue is still a complete b. What love is she even talking about? The one she was betraying by secretly dating a guy? She has no right to talk about love at all. And she has no right to demand things from Mel after everything she's done to her.

I'm glad Mel didn't hit her. Hopefully her hand didn't take too much damage and she'll be able to operate normally. It's her left hand anyway so the chances for her to go back to work are high.

What can I say about my future expectations? Hm. First of all, Mel better tell Crystal about everything, rape included. Sue needs to be arrested asap. And they better go to Lynn, tell her what's going on, what kind of a sick game Sue played with both Mel and Lynn. And goooosh, let the girls finally get back together because I can't imagine Mel dealing with all of it alone. She had to suffer alone in the past, she doesn't need to now.

To reply you must either login or sign up.