Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

momonosuke

Probably Tesla or Porsche if she is heading to the states,

ah Tesla are so nice.. but I don't think that's Seju's style (more accurately Gaji's taste XD) .. she goes for really some mean and aggressive cars.. The AMG is really hard to control, Literally a beast.

but screw that, keep the McLaren P1. :3

That's my girlllll XD

joined May 18, 2017

Damn... nobody answered my questions... tsk,tsk ( shaking head )... LOL

Seriously, this chapter is leading me to an ending justified and not wanting. :) For me, this chap. is connected to chap. 45 Seju"s monologue.. :)

Share the questions again?

joined Jun 23, 2017

From the chapter, we know Sumin "wants to see" Sungji. The fastest way to do this is the wedding that Sungji is at right now where Sumin was also invited.

Maybe Dawoon would be there, but even if she is, I'm guessing Sumin will come eventually. Sungji and Sumin will have a proper talk as a result and Sumin will find out why she left.

izz

Kissing and being kissed without kissing back is what makes a difference IMO. But lets just... not... ;)

Sumin just had a revelation that she still loves Seju. That should speak for itself.

LurKings

Share the questions again?

Not Foxy, but here.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

From the chapter, we know Sumin "wants to see" Sungji.

Who knows, the person she wants to see can be Seju. lol

joined Jun 23, 2017

I thought about that, but Sumin still wonders why Sungji left. She even thought about Sungji with the toothbrushes.

Her wanting to see Seju might come after the talk with Sungji.

joined Aug 29, 2015

I'm proud of Seju for not taking advantage of Sumin's vulnerable state which has been the cycle of their 10 year toxic relationship. and even though I pity Sumin, I don't particularly like the expected cliche ending of her and Sungji meeting up in the wedding and having another second chance. I hope TG has some surprises and twist in the finale.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I thought about that, but Sumin still wonders why Sungji left. She even thought about Sungji with the toothbrushes.

But Seju leaving is more memorable.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

I can't see Sumin going to that wedding if it is a wedding we see Sungji on the last panel. I'm still not buying it. It's Sungji who left, she should be the one to come and explain why. Besides, Sumin doesn't look like she's in shape too go anywhere.

joined Jun 23, 2017

sia ue

At this moment, not to Sumin. There aren't really any signs in the chapter that tells me that Sumin is thinking about Seju.

Not to say that would not be the case later though...

kami-sama

I hope TG has some surprises and twist in the finale.

Everyone keeps saying "twist." XD I do not think it would be a twist.

Izz

We will find out next chapter then.

last edited at Aug 28, 2017 9:21PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Everyone keeps saying "twist." XD I do not think it would be a twist.

hahaha.. depends on where you stand.. my girlfriend believes that it is heading to a Sumingji end game.. God, I am surrounded by team blond XD

joined Aug 29, 2015

I can't see Sumin going to that wedding if it is a wedding we see Sungji on the last panel. I'm still not buying it. It's Sungji who left, she should be the one to come and explain why. Besides, Sumin doesn't look like she's in shape too go anywhere.

I think the wedding is a great plot device for Sungji and Sumin to realize who they want to spend the rest of their lives with.

However, hell will break lose if Sungji was the one whose going to be married lol TeamBlonde is going to lose their sh*t if that happens.

last edited at Aug 28, 2017 9:33PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I would like first to share with you the original translation of some parts in the previous chapter.

1. Sungji tells Sumin about Seju:" I know you are concerned" , Sumin assures her, but later we know that Sumin still not over Seju.
  2. Sungji again asks Sumin at the cafe: " is it over between you and Ms. Baek.." but Sumin's expression is truer than her words. http://imgur.com/a/eckkA

Sungji got the answer to all of her left questions.

No, from the way this translation did, it seems Sungji has misunderstood Sumin's reaction later on in the talk at the coffee shop, rather than having all her questions answered. She thought Sumin and Seju are not over yet and underestimate Sumin's feelings for her, hence she left but without words.

I've already said the last chap, no matter how people analyse, Sungji leaving without words will ruin her character in me. And I'll go full force for why I would think that XD.

Why did Sungji just leave without a word?
If I would think about it from Sungji's view point.. what's the point of discussing this with Sumin?

For Sumin to understand Sungji's own pov. What else? And even so, even she doesnt want to explain. A simple, "lets break up", "you did nothing wrong, but this just doesnt work out", would be nice.

Singling out one incident and overshadowing the real issue ?? that Sumin is never over Seju and that Sungji always feels that Sumin thinks about her the whole time. Or to give Sumin a chance to explain and give excuses ? what if Sungji really does not need excuses any longer, or Sumin's guilt towards her any longer.

The one who could decide is Sungji. When Sungji has decided, who could stop her from leaving? No matter what kind of excuses Sumin made or reasons Sumin cites.

And isnt this better? Letting Sumin cite all kind of excuses and reasons then Sungji turned off all of them in front of Sumin, giving her explanation and talk to her? Telling her why all of her excuses are not going to work this time around because it is different.

So with your view, its still not justified with Sungji leaving without words and leaving Sumin vulnerable

What is fair is that Sungji should have talked Sumin out about it.. but is fair what she really needs ?

Its not for her then do it for Sumin, the one she has said "Oh, I wont let the person I love get hurt anymore"

• Sumin did the fair thing.. staying with Sungji, but the guilty Sumin is not what Sungji needed.

Then tell Sumin that and leave, tell her that I dont want guilt, I want your love then leave.

• What's fair to Sumin, is Sungji explaining what Sumin did her wrong.. but in that.. you don't allow the other person "Sumin" to think about it widely instead of singling out one incident and hear worn-out excuses. We will hear Sungji's mind.. but maybe not directly to Sumin.

No, in order of telling Sumin the reasons she leaves, she would let Sumin rethink of the situation, from her feelings to Sungji and to Seju, so that Sumin could freely decide where her heart really lies.

Right now, Sungji has terminated all that "you allow the other person "Sumin" to think about it widely", because the Sumin right now is only thinking of what she has done wrong for Sungji to leave, for all the guilt, all the regret for solely Sungji, not anyone else.

Sungji has left Sumin only thinking of all the guilt and regret with pain. This is not widening her view to decide, it narrows her view to only Sungji and all the pain for being left hanging without understand the situation.

what's in this chapter between Sumin and Seju?
in the last 10 years.. Seju always saw the opportunity in taking the broken Sumin back.. Sumin who was never able to move on as well, look at ch64 http://imgur.com/a/ukJ10
Seju will no longer exploit Sumin's need to be loved or for rebound.. she no longer wants her for her guilt: http://imgur.com/a/afcRz
no longer helds her for their past.. http://imgur.com/a/rzctL

Its different, of course, because this time, its Seju who decided to leave, not Sumin. But that also means, no more of them, unless miracle happens.

This is something,

If the couple has unfinished business, there is a chance for that couple to be together again, because of all the questions and what-ifs. So for the two couples, one couple has it, that will be the ending couple

Sumin and Sungji, with the way Sungji left, they has that unfinished business and that's why, they will have their ending as a couple, and when the author chose that way for Sungji, it means clearly what couple they want to be the end

Seju and Sumin, there is none, so the chance of them backing together is almost zero

last edited at Aug 28, 2017 9:36PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Its a wedding, the typical reception and the door for every wedding I've seen in pictures and movies in Korea.

For someone who is desperate to see Sungji and with all unanswered questions, it's no surprise that Sumin will look for Sungji to reconcile and back as a couple

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie

Hmm, what kind of car branch she hasnt driven yet? Hmmm, just in case I prepared for her grand final appearance of the story
Audi R8?

of course not, she showed up in ch71 driving a McLaren P1, the most expensive car among the other parked cars.. one of them was an Audi R8 XDDD .. a fraction of Ferrari's 458, Aventador or P1 price. XDDD

a Dragon maybe XDDD

last edited at Aug 28, 2017 9:38PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Nora

hahaha.. depends on where you stand.. my girlfriend believes that it is heading to a Sumingji end game.. God, I am surrounded by team blond XD

Did you show her your diagrams though? XD

yoonie

Seju and Sumin, there is none, so the chance of them backing together is almost zero

There is definitely unfinished business.

last edited at Aug 28, 2017 9:41PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie
of course not, she showed up in ch71 driving a McLaren P1, the most expensive car among the other parked cars.. one of them was an Audi R8 XDDD .. a fraction of Ferrari's 458, Aventador or P1 price. XDDD

a Dragon maybe XDDD

All jokes aside, I just hope I could see her in the remaining two chaps. It seems her parts has done.

But well, from the timeline, she might go back to Seoul next chap anyway.

Ah, btw, I know that there is a big chance I'm going to win the bet but please dont put up the avatar of SuminxSungji couple on your ava. I cant stand that couple anymore, I mean it.

last edited at Aug 28, 2017 9:44PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

jpeg

There is definitely unfinished business.

no, we got busy talking about how much I missed her XD the season finale of GOT XD .. I should've showed her my hand writing more often shouldn't I ! XDDD

joined Jun 23, 2017

Nora

no, we got busy talking about how much I missed her XD the season finale of GOT XD .. I should've showed her my hand writing more often shouldn't I ! XDDD

Awwww...

Yes, your diagrams would consolidate your ideas. And your handwriting isn't bad. XD (much better than mine)

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie

you are forgetting Sungji's face in ch83,84.. she saw, heard and knew things.. to a point that she got drunk for the first time ever and during the night she kept asking Sumin why she liked her in the first place.

I want to make this short as much as possible.

• we will hear Sungji's mind but not necessarily directly to Sumin.. maybe she would talk to Dawoon about it.. (if it is indeed Dawoon who appeared in the wedding)
  • In explaining to Sumin what's up.. Sungji knows that Sumin would run, deny and apologise .. give her some more affection out of guilt before Sungji could see Seju again in her eyes.
  • should Sungji really tell Sumin how "Sumin" really feels and how she treated Sungji .. or is it for Sumin to understand?
  • Does Sungji want to give Sumin another chance? didn't she already give her in ch67? how did that turn out ?
  • Does Sungji need an apology.. an excuse ? a promise.. or an explanation ??
  • why does she need to talk to Sumin about?.. what would Sumin say, or do.. its been a cycle.. what I wanted you to see is this, this is where Sungji got the honest answer to her question: http://i.imgur.com/tkP3hfp.png

Sumin doesn't need what's fair.. she needs honesty with herself.. it is not Sungji's place to tell her what "Sumin" feels.

Now, Sumin said she tried hard as this was her last trial to make it work.. and Sungji's character was so helpful to succeed this time.. why did it fail then? THIS is what Sumin has to figure herself.

We, the readers.. may also get what was going on but as I said, maybe not in a talk between Sumin and Sungji

last edited at Aug 28, 2017 10:09PM

joined Aug 29, 2015

mpgpeg
Seju and Sumin will never work again. they bring the worst out of each other. I'm not jumping into the TeamBlonde bandwagon but it is the healthier option for Sumin.

but it is funny that after 90+ chapters. the next chapter might be the first time Sumin and Sungji have a heart-to-heart talk lol I'm just not really a fan of TG's style of show, don't tell narrative.

joined Feb 4, 2017

anyways.. I do think it is Dawoon who called Sungji in the last panel, Sumin calls her normally: Sungji-ssi (even this chapter) seldom she calls her Sungji-ah (maybe only when they were having sex).

but Dawoon does call Sungji, Sungji-ah.

if Sungji refuses Sumin's calls, why doesn't she look frustrated or angered by the other person's call.

joined Feb 4, 2017

kami-sama

I'm just not really a fan of TG's style of show, don't tell narrative.

could you please suggest better authors with interesting stories please ?

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

For us, readers, Seju leaving is more memorable, but for Sumin herself, Sungji leaving is more memorable, lol.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Nora

We, the readers.. may also get what was going on but as I said, maybe not in a talk between Sumin and Sungji

Nicely put. I was thinking the talk will cause Sumin to realize those things.

Forget the diagrams, you can make a PowerPoint presentation at this point. XD

kami-sama

Seju and Sumin will never work again. they bring the worst out of each other.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie

you are forgetting Sungji's face in ch83,84.. she saw, heard and knew things.. to a point that she got drunk for the first time ever and during the night she kept asking Sumin why she liked her in the first place.

I dont forget that. It emphasizes how greatly Sungji's misunderstanding could be, with all the things she has seen, felt, and heard.

• we will hear Sungji's mind but not necessarily directly to Sumin.. maybe she would talk to Dawoon about it.. (if it is indeed Dawoon who appeared in the wedding)

Sure, we will, if we didnt see Sungji's mind for next 2 chaps, I'll burn TG's house for ruining one character without explanation

• In explaining to Sumin what's up.. Sungji knows that Sumin would run, deny and apologise .. give her some more affection out of guilt before Sungji could see Seju again in her eyes.

No, if Sungji indeed gives Sumin a piece of her mind of not running away from her feelings, simple "TL nim, this time, le'ts not running away from your feelings longer, I will give you a break for you to think things through and decide. Whatever outcome would be, I'll accept it"

• should Sungji really tell Sumin how "Sumin" really feels and how she treated Sungji .. or is it for Sumin to understand?

No, what I want to say is Sungji to tell Sumin what her problems really are, not about Sungji herself but about Sumin herself, how she hasnt properly done with her feelings just yet and she needs to work on it.

But not by running away without explanation and by telling Sumin to know what kind of problems lie. Right now, instead of giving Sumin that, she is giving Sumin a hell of pain for losing a person she loves without knowing a reason and can not think of anything else other than that.

Can you understand that? That right now, instead of giving Sumin time to sort her feelings out, she is giving Sumin misery and pain for losing a person without knowing reasons. Sumin is not sorting her feelings out, she only focuses on 1 feeling only, pain and misery.

• Does Sungji want to give Sumin another chance? didn't she already give her in ch67? how did that turn out ?

Then tell her that XDDD, not running away. Like I said, after this chap, I dont support this couple, but I can see the couple is the ending couple by giving Sumin the third chance. No, I'm sorry, I'm wrong, its not Sungji giving Sumin the third chance, it should be Sumin giving Sungji the second chance to redeem herself.

• Does Sungji need an apology.. an excuse ? a promise.. or an explanation ??

No, that's why she should tell Sumin that. Dont you understand? That she needs to tell Sumin that I dont need any excuses or promises, I need something else and you should prove that.

This is sth Sungji needs to tell Sumin. For the very least, before she left for whatever reason and if she is gonna back or not.

The decision is hers to make, no matter what kind of excuses Sumin makes, if she wants to leave, no one could stop her. so it doesnt hurt to say her mind before leaving.

• why does she need to talk to Sumin about it.. what would Sumin say, or do.. its been a cycle.. what I wanted you to see is this, this is where Sungji got the honest answer to her question: http://i.imgur.com/tkP3hfp.png

Its not about what Sumin says or does, it's about what Sungji is going to says. The important part is what Sungji says. What Sungji says would stop Sumin from all the excuses and all.

Sumin doesn't need what's fair.. she needs honesty with herself.. it is not Sungji's place to tell her what "Sumin" feels.

Yes, and do you really think that leaving her like this could make her honest with herself? Again, can you understand that? That right now, instead of giving Sumin time to sort her feelings out, she is giving Sumin misery and pain for losing a person without knowing reasons. Sumin is not sorting her feelings out, she only focuses on 1 feeling only, pain and misery.

Now, Sumin said she tried hard as this was her last trial to make it work.. and Sungji's character was so helpful to succeed this time.. why did it fail then? THIS is what Sumin has to figure herself.

And with all the pain she is enduring, Sungji will be the answer and Sumin needs to run after Sungji, that's why I said the ending is SuminxSungji, but I hate it, for all the reasons above.

Maybe, but for me, Sungji leaving this way is definitely helping only one couple, and its not for Seju.

last edited at Aug 28, 2017 10:26PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.