Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Mar 21, 2017

Izz

Not disagreeing : )

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

In order for Sumin to truly know where her heart lies she needs to be free from both Seju and Sungji

Yep

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sometimes in a relationship when someone has betrayed you and you're trying very hard to forgive and move on because you love them there comes a time when you know you can't fake it anymore. It's exhausting and tiring, and pretending to forgive and move on just doesn't work.

A lot of times you think of that in what should the happy, easy moments. You think "things are so great right now, I should be happy" but the truth is you haven't been able to let go of that betrayal. The trust isn't there, and though you've been able to be happy sometimes, that lack of trust is slowly destroying you and your partner. So I completely understand Sungji leaving during the festival. Having been in Sungji's shoes of trying to move on after a partner's betrayal, I relate to her choice here.

She said that she would not let the person she loved be hurt anymore? Does "the person she loves" refer to herself or something?

However, if her reason is she realizes Sumin loves Seju more than her and she bravely admits defeat according to her character's nice personality, it still can be called a commendable act.

Then she should have bravely said that to Sumin like how Dawoon's ex said to Dawoon.

Or she realizes that she has won. But because of choosing her, Sumin is going to have the biggest regret in life for not being by Seju's side during the time Seju needs her the most. In this case, she should have tried to endure the pain to be by Sumin's side and let Sumin take care of Seju.

Her leaving will hurt the person she loves, which contradicts to what she said. How is that commendable?

In order for Sumin to truly know where her heart lies she needs to be free from both Seju and Sungji

She needs to become a monk.

last edited at Aug 20, 2017 8:47PM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Her leaving will hurt the person she loves, which contradicts to what she said. How is that commendable?

I think she may have underestimated her importance to Sumin. Maybe she thinks what would hurt Sumin more is "forcing" herself to be with Sungji while she still cares for Seju deep down (that she can't do what she wants to do/has to refrain herself from caring for Seju out of consideration for Sungji because she is "the gf"). And that this is Sungji's version of the lesser evil

She needs to become a monk.

Lol like one of the commenters wrote in the imgur page momonosuke referenced:

Sumin: (to Sungji) you can do whatever you want with me
Commenter (playing Sungji): really? OK I'll shave your head

XDDD

Seriously though, sometimes it takes you losing (or almost losing) something/someone for you to truly know how important they are to you (this is what I think - and that's why Sungji leaving may be a necessary part of the plot- , not what I think Sungji thinks)

last edited at Aug 20, 2017 9:09PM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

sia ue

She said that she would not let the person she loved be hurt anymore? Does "the person she loves" refer to herself or something?

plot twist:

Sungji was referring to Seju XDDD

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Haha. xD

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

However, if her reason is she realizes Sumin loves Seju more than her and she bravely admits defeat according to her character's nice personality, it still can be called a commendable act.

Then she should have bravely said that to Sumin like how Dawoon's ex said to Dawoon.

I've already said that the way she chooses to leave is really worth criticizing. I'm talking about the reason she chooses to leave. The reason and the way are two things. Her whole action by both the reason and the way is really not sth I applaud, I agree but if the reason is commendable, I'll still say the reason is commendable. The way she chooses to leave, I have nothing to say, it's a disaster, LOLLL.

Or she realizes that she has won. But because of choosing her, Sumin is going to have the biggest regret in life for not being by Seju's side during the time Seju needs her the most. In this case, she should have tried to endure the pain to be by Sumin's side and let Sumin take care of Seju.

This is some other reasons (other than realizing Sumin loves Seju more) I told you that it totally makes her leave completely not commendable.

This reason is totally not commendable, I agree.

last edited at Aug 20, 2017 9:31PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

A vow of celibacy is definitely what Sumin needs to take. She'd look quite hot as a monk.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

In order for Sumin to truly know where her heart lies she needs to be free from both Seju and Sungji. A possibility is that Sungji realises this which is why she leaves at the end of the chapter. Seeing Sumins reaction to the gossip behind her reminds Sungji that Sumin is still tied to Seju at some level.

If this is the case then I dont find why it's so hard for her to tell Sumin face to face instead of running away like a coward and totally left Sumin in the dark.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie

I'd say it was a commendable act either way. The face she gives Sumin in the end of chapter 90 when Sumin snaps back into their conversation just looks understanding. She sees right through Sumin but has accepted. She doesn't look like she hates Sumin, but she does look sort of sad, too.

She could have made a scene or made it dramatic, but if she did that, Sumin would fight for her and it would just be more painful for the both of them. Sunji realized what she needed to do to keep herself happy. (And make sure Sumin doesn't have to try choose her over Seju anymore)

No, it will not be commendable the other way which is not "Sumin loves Seju more", why? Because of her famous line that makes her become someone everyone loves "I will not let the person I love get hurt anymore"

This sentence was said but if she chooses to leave only because she pities Seju or because Seju needs Sumin atm, this is just a very very nonsense decision from her because she doesnt consider Sumin's feelings on this matter and how much hurt she gives Sumin when she leaves without reasons.

So no, the other reason is not commendable.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I think you're always tied to your first love at some level.

I just said "some level" as I'm not sure entirely at which level they are tied. Definitely not at a level where Sumin can just move on easily.

Not a level where she can go back to Seju just like that either.

But enough to make her forever tie to Seju

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie
I actually love this.. I don't want in any case to see Sumin being with Seju just because the daddy died, otherwise we will be in the the circle Sumin had before ch50. (I am talking about lame excuses on why she kept appearing in Seju's house after she came back from the main house.. and then this! -oh I am with her because the father died- If Sumin was to go to Seju, I hope it will be for honest clear reasons)

Nah, she will leave Seju, I dont see why Seju's father dying could make her stay by Seju's side when there is Sungji. She will leave, I know that and I understand that.

Just feel a little bit resented that she leaves Seju right after the funeral, knowing she is the only one Seju has left XDDDD.

I guess Sumin knew that Seju had the ring in ch55.. she was talking about that in ch82.. and probably she knew that Sungji has her's.. Sumin didn't mean that Seju still has it.. but that she took it at some point. (the real story was never told to Sumin and how exactly it ended up with Seju)

I dont think she knew Sungji was having the ring. If she knew, they could've continued wearing it already or she could've asked about it at least once, both were keeping their respective ring after all, what's wrong with wearing it? xDDDDD

In fact, Sumin knew that she will never be able to love anyone earnestly.. not even in ch88 (left over love) like what Seju would call it. There is always a place for her in Sumin's heart. And, I remember how extremely panicked she looked like in ch78 when she could not find Seju immediately or even in ch76.

Nah, the irony I'm talking about is how she wants to find someone for her to love to the point where she'll die if the person leaves, while she already has a person who loves her just that much. She just doesnt want to do anything with that person anymore also because "its not good to live miserably like that, loving someone to the point of doing anything for her", Sumin's words in chap 74.

Such an irony.

last edited at Aug 20, 2017 10:03PM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

I dont think she knew Sungji was having the ring. If she knew, they could've continued wearing it already or she could've asked about it at least once, both were keeping their respective ring after all, what's wrong with wearing it? xDDDDD

When Seju threw the ring at Sungji (and she picked it up) wasn't it at the cheating scene with the three of them there? Maybe Sumin saw it? Or did I read that scene wrongly?

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

When Seju threw the ring at Sungji (and she picked it up) wasn't it at the cheating scene with the three of them there? Maybe Sumin saw it? Or did I read that scene wrongly?

It looked like she disappeared and reappeared when Sungji was outside somehow so I guess she didn't see it.

Funny_little_penguin_steam_avatars
joined Aug 18, 2017

No, it will not be commendable the other way which is not "Sumin loves Seju more", why? Because of her famous line that makes her become someone everyone loves "I will not let the person I love get hurt anymore"

This sentence was said but if she chooses to leave only because she pities Seju or because Seju needs Sumin atm, this is just a very very nonsense decision from her because she doesnt consider Sumin's feelings on this matter and how much hurt she gives Sumin when she leaves without reasons.

So no, the other reason is not commendable.

I believe Sungji is commendable either way because she was able to identify that the relationship she was in was causing her more grief than happiness and ended things. That's worthy of praise by itself! It's not always easy to walk away from someone you love/loved! (Look at Sumin and Seju, they can't end their relationship after 10 years lol.) She doesn't need to explain because Sumin and Sungji's relationship has been on the rocks for the past like 15 chapters!

I feel like Sungji has done quite a bit of considering Sumin's feelings. It's been clear to Sungji that Sumin's heart is not completely with her. Although Sumin says she's only worried about Sungji, it's obvious where her mind really is.
She says that line about being taken advantage of as if she's accepted it already. She's accepted that she might just not have a place in Sumin's life right now.

She leaves Sumin without giving her a reason (Sumin really doesn't need a reason, I'm sure she already knows). If Sungji gave Sumin a reason, Sumin might just go back to feeling guilty about wanting Sungji but also feeling like she needs to care for Seju. Trying to do both is just hurting everyone. There's a grace in the way she left Sumin.

Sungji says, "I won't let the person I love get hurt anymore." I love that line by her! Very brave of her. Just because she stays with Sumin, doesn't mean Sumin won't get hurt anymore. This may hurt Sumin, but in the long run it might help her. Ripping off a band-aid in one go HURTS, but it's better than prolonging the pain.

Now Sumin can have the space she needs from Seju and Sungji to decide what she really wants.

last edited at Aug 21, 2017 3:03AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

D1LD0Z3R

Very good response.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I start to feel sorry for Sungji after seeing that most of Sungji's empathizers think that her leaving is mainly for her own sake.

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

I believe Sunji is commendable either way because she was able to identify that the relationship she was in was causing her more grief than happiness and ended things. That's worthy of praise by itself! It's not always easy to walk away from someone you love/loved! (Look at Sumin and Seju, they can't end their relationship after 10 years lol.) She doesn't need to explain because Sumin and Sunji's relationship has been on the rocks for the past like 15 chapters!
I feel like Sunji has done quite a bit of considering Sumin's feelings. It's been clear to Sunji that Sumin's heart is not completely with her. Although Sumin says she's only worried about Sunji, it's obvious where her mind really is.
She says that line about being taken advantage of as if she's accepted it already. She's accepted that she might just not have a place in Sumin's life right now.
She leaves Sumin without giving her a reason (Sumin really doesn't need a reason, I'm sure she already knows). If Sunji gave Sumin a reason, Sumin might just go back to feeling guilty about wanting Sunji but also feeling like she needs to care for Seju. Trying to do both is just hurting everyone. There's a grace in the way she left Sumin.
Sunji says, "I won't let the person I love get hurt anymore." I love that line by her! Very brave of her. Just because she stays with Sumin, doesn't mean Sumin won't get hurt anymore. This may hurt Sumin, but in the long run it might help her. Ripping off a band-aid in one go HURTS, but it's better than prolonging the pain.
Now Sumin can have the space she needs from Seju and Sunji to decide what she really wants.

Dildozer-san
Well said

last edited at Aug 21, 2017 2:55AM

Funny_little_penguin_steam_avatars
joined Aug 18, 2017

Oh, but don't get me wrong, y'all. I'm die-hard Team Pink. I didn't even like Sungji until the last couple chapters XDD

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Before I answer you, gotta say I LOL so hard at all the comments after with the difference.

Winter is coming. Big fight is coming, LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

So I guess all Sungji's supporters think her action is tolerable XDDDDDDDD.

But I do recommend you to read sia ue's comment, it's short but it contains it all xDDDDD. I dont know about Sungji's reason just yet but Sungji's intention is pretty clear xDDDDD. She wants to free Sumin from herself, she does this for Sumin, not for herself, just question that if that decision is made after considering Sumin's feeling or not, LOL.

the relationship she was in was causing her more grief than happiness and ended things. That's worthy of praise by itself! It's not always easy to walk away from someone you love/loved! (Look at Sumin and Seju, they can't end their relationship after 10 years lol.). She doesn't need to explain because Sumin and Sungji's relationship has been on the rocks for the past like 15 chapters!

If when she made this decision and she only thought of herself and how her relationship is so painful and rocky then I have nothing to say, LOL, this decision is totally not commendable at all after all of her commendable actions from the beginning of the story till before this chap, aka taking care of Sumin and sticking around with her even though Sumin has hurt her.

If giving up because the relationship is too hard or rocky then she couldn't even compare herself with Seju who endures it all for her love

Sungji I know is more than that, you know xDDDD

I feel like Sungji has done quite a bit of considering Sumin's feelings. It's been clear to Sungji that Sumin's heart is not completely with her. Although Sumin says she's only worried about Sungji, it's obvious where her mind really is.

She does have a place in Sumin's life. What do you think why Sumin abandon her long ex-gf when her father just died to be with Sungji for?

She leaves Sumin without giving her a reason (Sumin really doesn't need a reason, I'm sure she already knows). If Sungji gave Sumin a reason, Sumin might just go back to feeling guilty about wanting Sungji but also feeling like she needs to care for Seju. Trying to do both is just hurting everyone. There's a grace in the way she left Sumin.

How can Sumin know? Please think of Sumin's perspective at that moment. She literally abandon her long life ex gf, who she also feels guilty with and wanted to take care of alot. For what? For SUNGJI. However the girl literally leaves her right there without even an explanation right after. Do you think its fair for Sumin and think she will know?

Sungji says, "I won't let the person I love get hurt anymore." I love that line by her! Very brave of her. Just because she stays with Sumin, doesn't mean Sumin won't get hurt anymore. This may hurt Sumin, but in the long run it might help her. Ripping off a band-aid in one go HURTS, but it's better than prolonging the pain.

Never said I dont love that line of her but after that line, you should do sth to prove that, not doing the opposite. Do you think Sungji leave will double the pain Sumin has and killing all of her will or reducing it?

last edited at Aug 21, 2017 4:01AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Oh, but don't get me wrong, y'all. I'm die-hard Team Pink. I didn't even like Sungji until the last couple chapters XDD

I know that, this line She's accepted that she might just not have a place in Sumin's life right now. gives you away, LOLL, a teamblonde fan would never say that, LOL

last edited at Aug 21, 2017 3:26AM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

I know that, this line She's accepted that she might just not have a place in Sumin's life right now. gives you away, LOLL, a teamblonde fan would never say that, LOL

eh...I am a Sungji fan and I would say that XDDDD

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

eh...I am a Sungji fan and I would say that XDDDD

xDDDD then its pretty sad for Sungji xDDDDD, cause as a fan, you cant realize the fact that Sungji is a very important part in Sumin's life xDDDDD, in fact she is her numer one priority at the moment. Just like I like Seju and I know for sure, 100% sure, in Sumin's heart, there is always Seju in there XDDDDDD

last edited at Aug 21, 2017 4:53AM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

xDDDD then its pretty sad for Sungji xDDDDD, cause as a fan, you cant realize the fact that Sungji is a very important part in Sumin's life xDDDDD, in fact she is her numer one priority at the moment. Just like I like Seju and I know for sure, 100% sure, in Sumin's heart, there is always Seju in there XDDDDDD

Lol I get where you're coming from..but I also believe sometimes in life, you do meet the right people..but just not at the right time..

joined Mar 21, 2017

Doesn't stop your response from being really well said : )

To reply you must either login or sign up.