Forum › Vortex discussion

joined Jan 22, 2015

Warning: This does not have a happy ending.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

OW.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

so....what exactly is going on here? did she kill the fish girl? or no?

joined Aug 10, 2016

seems like Banki lost her mind after it happened, and Waggysaggy is in a coma.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

What the fuck?? I mean, I guess Sekibanki's first crime was understandable (definitely not justifiable but understandable and, well, I was expecting it 'cause of the tag...) considering her portrayal in this doujin. I haven't played Double Dealing Character, so she probably doesn't act anything like this in the actual series, but that seems to be a common trend among Touhou doujins. But then she decides to sell her for money? Uh, wasn't the whole point of the doujin that she wanted to keep her for herself...? Or does her appearance in... uh, what's her name again, Erin?... ok, uh, Erin's place mean that Sekibanki didn't actually sell her but she thought she did for whatever reason? It seems that her eyes are injured though so maybe Erin saved her or something...

Also, I mean, I get that Wakasagihime can't really run away 'cause she's a mermaid, but she is a Touhou character and a youkai, so I'm sure she could have just beat the living shit out of Sekibanki and those random people. Her wiki page says that she's usually peaceful, so maybe that's why, or perhaps she didn't want to harm someone who she considered a friend... I don't know, maybe I'll understand this more if I play DDC.

Okay, I don't know why I'm doing this... trying to make sense of batshit crazy characters and overly edgy fanfics is just pointless... that said, even though it is overly edgy, I can't say I didn't like it up until the bizarre ending. If that part was just taken away, it'd all be perfect or at least as perfect as a super edgy fanfic can be...

last edited at Jul 28, 2017 2:16PM

71178170e95cf68bb6d8aa5a34b2b01a
joined Jun 4, 2014

Sad story but the only part I don't get it is why the fucking hell did Banki sold her. The only reason I can come up with is that she wanted to show Wakasagi how cruel the outside can be? or did she sold her to Eirin for her test subject. But it can also be seen that Wakasagi got tortured or got hurt really bad that she now has a coma and is now being treated by Eirin.

She went bat-shit insane after she saw Wakasagi in a wheelchair with Kagerou which gives her an interpretation of Kagerou and Wakasagi might become lovers and makes her a third-wheel so she just went out of her way to just rape Wakasagi and might possibly killed Kagerou in the process. I can understand on what she did(which I do think it's a very fucked up thing to do) but damn, going as far and sell her. How do fuck can you do that especially when you're full yandere on her. My mind is fucked right now after reading this. I feel depressed but lost at the same time because of how the story went on to. But still liked the story just don't like how it went to without a clear answer on what and how she did to Wakasagi and why is she in Eirin's hospital in a coma.

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 1:18AM

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

As someone who has never played any of the games I'm actually just 100% confused. Not angry or upset, just confused.

It was all making sense till Wakasagi ended up in the same hospital and the line about "her knight opening her eyes."

Does she want Seki to tell Wakagsagi her feelings? Does she want to wait for Wakasagi to understand or has Wakasagi already forgiven Seki? What did she do with that knife? Did she take out her eyes? What the hell happened to Kagerou? Was she the one that was killed or sold?

joined May 25, 2019

It's interesting.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I really like how this work distorts the panels, adding in frame-breaking images or little background designs that accentuate the atmosphere.

Okay some general "facts" can be made about what's going on. Why or how those things happen are ridiculously unclear though.

Facts: Seki masturbates here (pointing this out because I completely missed it at first). She also sleeps with Kagerou on page 13. If there is any point at which Sekibanki's narrative becomes unreliable, it is after page 15. Wakasagihime somehow ends up in a situation where a group of humans are attacking her with very sharp weapons. Sekibanki thinks she killed Waka, when Waka is still alive (?) but heavily injured.

Other random observations that are interesting but don't know how to make sense of:
i. Hand reaching for the book on the title page could be anybody given the author draws all the characters with sharpened nails. Otherwise I would have said Kagerou's most likely. It could be Waka, because Seki's sleeves are always darker/black for the most part.
ii. A specific (white?) flower in page 9's background drops its petal. Probably cherry blossoms.
iii. No deeper meaning, I just went wtf when I realized there's cum on Seki's inner thighs here. Really showing her as depraved/tainted.
iv. Page 15's vines were strange, because the "thorns" are rounded. So not the typical rose vine. Might be budding cherry blossom branches? shrug
v. Bare branches on page 16 and leaves falling off. Could be to depict the season. Bell crickets are mentioned there too. Animal Crossing wiki says they come out during autumn lmao, but couldn't find any other sources.
vi. Eirin wrote nothing down? Or are those blank spaces for another session.
vii. Impossible to tell if Seki's thought at the bottom of page 18 is only to herself, said out loud, or trustworthy. It is jarring though, because I thought her story recounting was over.

Most interesting possibility to consider for me: The medicine Seki says she got from Eirin are dream pills. That's the medicine Eirin is canonically known to give after all.
a. They are butterfly dream pills (good dreams).
b. They are nightmare dream pills.

A could be true if Eirin is genuinely trying to help Seki. Doesn't seem to be working though if that's the case.

If B is true, then Seki's nightmares begin on page 14 in line with the abundance of pills appearing in the background. She thinks the resulting events happened because of her when they in fact weren't.

There's lots of ways to twist the narrative, since it's intentionally confusing. I'll go with the one I believe in the most cause describing all of them would take too long.

Seki is not at fault. Her guilt for not being able to protect Waka from the outside world, the goal she'd attempted for so long plus her prior self-hatred, leads her to break and take all responsibility ("your mind is just trying to deal with the exhaustion"). Eirin wonders when "[Seki] will open her eyes" ie. realize the truth/wake up from her nightmares. Even though she says there's no forgiveness, Eirin explicitly suggests otherwise, even appealing to the wounded Wakasagihime.

Now that I've written all of that out, you know what, that makes for a surprisingly simple explanation lol.

Food for thought addendum: Eirin calls Waka sleeping beauty. The nice implication is that Seki is still her knight. The not great implication is that there is an "evil" out there. Even though there's no given motive, it's possible Kagerou actually was "evil" and carried out what Seki dreams of/remembers. Or it could be Eirin. This would support the medicine being nightmare pills theory.

joined Jun 1, 2020

wow so many theory explanation for one fanon story.but i like it :D

joined Jan 10, 2021

Oh God why

To reply you must either login or sign up.