Forum › Prunus Girl discussion

joined Jul 3, 2011

Good deal. Now normally I wouldn't read anything with a shonen ai subcontext but this series is simply hilarious. If nothing else read it for the comedy.

last edited at Feb 3, 2013 11:45PM

joined Feb 4, 2013

I agree :D
It's one of the few shonen ai-ish manga I can read.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I must agree myself. The comedy and curiosity have me hooked bad.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

Totally. Great story and style :3

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I like this far more than I thought I would. It's got a lot of heart, and despite Aikawa's teasing doesn't go to extremes so the humour remains accessible.

I do wish that the rather offensive tag "trap" wasn't used. Given its frequent use as a slur against transgender folks, I've come to have a really bad reaction to it. It's also inaccurate, given Aikawa is very up front about what he is, and isn't trying to deceive anyone.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Will consider merging it into Gender bender.

joined Mar 30, 2012

Very enjoyable comedy. I normally stay away from romcom but this really good.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Such a sweet ending.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

So good. And there's still an epilogue to come.

joined Jan 30, 2013

It seems so short... despite the fact that it's 42 chapters long. That probably means I like it.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I always hoped it would be like "With that crossdresing and being a boy.. i lied" :D but it seems that my wish didn't came true, oh well.. I really like Yuri so that's why i started reading this series, i must say i don't regret it. Maki-kun looks cool, kinda like some animal with his hair and pupils, i really like that :)
Aikawa's just cute so what can i do?
Really priceless manga and really nice to read, i'll put it to my fav. and read it once a while again ^^

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

SO satisfying! And even a final return of the magic candy, entirely too awesome. Can't wait until the epilogue, so I can see the entirety of their story.

And I keep thinking back to Shion's words from her first appearance, "When it comes to love, he's a complete klutz." Truer words were never spoken.

joined Apr 14, 2013

Can any one tell me how harem-ish this is? I know the male MC had four girls saying they liked him by chapter 2, so... yeah.

joined Jan 30, 2013

No harem at all. There's a fan club, but it serves a comedic purpose and I wouldn't call it a harem.

joined Apr 14, 2013

Mmm... Comedic or not it a bunch of girls with a love interest in the MC, so it's a harem.

joined Apr 14, 2013

Yeah.. chapter 1 page 7, the love letter, pages 10-12, second random love interest, chapter 2 pages 10-11, the third. And counting the main heroine(?). That's already four in the first two chapters.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i hate harem, but i liked this manga, then it's not harem,

poor ending, sweet, but poor

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Perhaps you should continue reading instead of taking stock of one-off incidents to have a pointless argument about terminology. Or don't read it, whatever, just stop this.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah.. chapter 1 page 7, the love letter, pages 10-12, second random love interest, chapter 2 pages 10-11, the third. And counting the main heroine(?). That's already four in the first two chapters.

Does the love letter even count? We never see who sent it. he turns it down immediately and we never hear about it again. It's more of an excuse for Aikawa to bug Maki than anything.

joined Apr 14, 2013

i hate harem, but i liked this manga, then it's not harem

Lol whut? I hate harems too, but that is in no way a factor or not.

Just because you like it does not mean it's not a harem.

Harem is defined as 3+ love interests.

Does the love letter even count? We never see who sent it. he turns it down immediately and we never hear about it again. It's more of an excuse for Aikawa to bug Maki than anything.

Even if you don't (you should) it's still 3+

Perhaps you should continue reading instead of taking stock of one-off incidents to have a pointless argument about terminology. Or don't read it, whatever, just stop this.

What does the number of times have to do with anything?

last edited at Apr 14, 2013 2:07PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Actually, I was seriously hesitant to read this because I really hate the "beautiful crossdresser gets all the girls" trope, but I'm glad I did in the end. Harem or not (obviously, it's not) it's a good read.

joined Apr 14, 2013

Actually, I was seriously hesitant to read this because I really hate the "beautiful crossdresser gets all the girls" trope, but I'm glad I did in the end. Harem or not (obviously, it's not) it's a good read.

I'm not talking about the cross dresser. I even specified pages for reference lol. How'd you mess that up.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I didn't, I was making a comment of my own. It's not all about you.

joined Apr 14, 2013

Then why say it, if it's not relevant to to current conversation. Even more so when it's an identical topic.

joined Jan 31, 2013

It's not a harem series, the end

To reply you must either login or sign up.