Forum › WDTFS fans - off topic

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Wow, this thread seems so lively. But when I read the previous pages backward, I cant understand the conversation xD so sorry for that. it seems some comments got missing.

First time posting here, kakakakakaka

last edited at Jul 2, 2017 10:02AM

Photopictureresizer_160424_131930125-640x360
joined Jan 13, 2016

Wow, this thread seems so lively. But when I read the previous pages backward, I cant understand the conversation xD so sorry for that. it seems some comments got missing.

First time posting here, kakakakakaka

Welcome to this thread hehehe..
Yeah some posts got deleted by the uses themselves.

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

this thread gives me weird feelings..

joined Jun 23, 2017

Nora89

Haha, how?

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

overwhelming

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

Any mangas, manhwas, or anime you recommend?

mpgpeg, I know you didn't ask me for the recommendations but just in case if you are interested or happen to be bored and there will be nothing else to watch/read I would recommend this:
Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion (+End of Evangelion), Witch Hunter Robin, Ergo Proxy, Steins;Gate, FLCL (or Furi Kuri, a must to watch!), Revolutionary Girl Utena (the movie, not a fan of the TV show), RahXephon, Haibane Renmei.
I don't watch anime now but I do read manga sometimes and regular literature (quite a bookworm :/). Manga that I like: MPD Psycho, Alive (by Kawashima Tadashi, Adachi Toka), Skyhigh (+ Skyhigh Karma), Noise, Blame!, Biomega, Claymore.

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 8:17PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

True Evil

Thank you, always open to recommendations.

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Stein;Gate, FLCL, Ergo Proxy, and Revolutionary Girl Utena have been on my list for a while now. When I have the time, I plan on binge watching many shows and movies, those included.

I do find that I have more time to read manga and manhwa, oddly. I guess because each chapter is relatively short. Very interesting tastes, lots of sci-fi, psychological, and dark tones. I will look into them. :)

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 8:00PM

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

mpgpeg

We're also gonna have 2 movie sequels to Furi Kuri this year (I wish the original show had more than just 6 OVAs)

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 8:38PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

True Evil

Wow, that must be great for fans to finally get a sequel (if they wanted one). I see that it aired in 2000, so a 17 year wait!

I'm still waiting on the Madoka Magica sequel movie to come out and it hasn't been nearly as long.

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

I'm still waiting on the Madoka Magica sequel movie to come out and it hasn't been nearly as long.

But Madoka does have sequels. I love "rebellion" a lot. Or they are planning to make more?

Wow, that must be great for fans to finally get a sequel

I almost fainted when they announced the sequels :3

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 8:54PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

But Madoka does have sequels. I love "rebellion" a lot. Or they are planning to make more?

I loved "Rebellion" too, but it left on an open-ended note. There is a lot of story left to tell. They released a "Concept Movie" on the next installment like a year ago, which looks cool, but there has been no official announcement on a release date yet.

I almost fainted when they announced the sequels :3

Haha, I could imagine. That's how I will feel when the Madoka sequel gets an official announcement.

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

I loved "Rebellion" too, but it left on an open-ended note. There is a lot of story left to tell. They released a "Concept Movie" on the next installment like a year ago, which looks cool, but there has been no official announcement on a release date yet.

I am gonna check that up. But I like open endings. The end of the story will depend on your perceptions and understanding of the story. And you have more things to ponder over than when it's a set ending :/

Haha, I could imagine. That's how I will feel when the Madoka sequel gets an official announcement.

FLCL is very unique. It was worth waiting. Funny how some fans get freaked out when their favorite show goes on like a month hiatus or they have to wait an extra week for the next chapter. I want Team Gaji to release the final chapter of wdtfs in like 10 years. Prolonged hype. What could be better :3

joined Jun 23, 2017

I am gonna check that up. But I like open endings. The end of the story will depend on your perceptions and understanding of the story. And you have more things to ponder over than when it's a set ending :/

Different perspective, that is one way to look at it. I like stories that tie up their plot points and not leave too much hanging. That is different from leaving things open for interpretation. I do not mind that, as long as the story covered those said plot points beforehand. Otherwise, it just shows that the authors did not really think it through from beginning to end. But I guess it depends on the story.

There is so much more to the story now with how "Rebellion" left off. Like, there is a whole new world with a new set of rules to explore.

I want Team Gaji to release the final chapter of wdtfs in like 10 years. Prolonged hype. What could be better :3

Oh man, it is hard enough to wait 10 days, let alone 10 years. I could picture in my mind the solid ending that WDTFS could have. I just want to know for sure as soon as possible. Please, Team Gaji, do not let this go on for too long. XD

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

Otherwise, it just shows that the authors did not really think it through from beginning to end. But I guess it depends on the story.

Or maybe the author wants you to decide how the story ends. Like in some of video games (Silent Hill to be specific) where your you can get 4 or 5 different final cut cutscenes (and they all logical and make sense, and the story line will be the same for all of them).

There is so much more to the story now with how "Rebellion" left off. Like, there is a whole new world with a new set of rules to explore.

I prefer those girls to be trapped in that alternative world. And wish no other ending for them

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 10:25PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

True Evil

Yeah, that's what I meant by covering the plot points. As long as it is logical and makes sense.

Haha, you really prefer that for Madoka? To each their own. XD

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 10:27PM

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

Haha, you really prefer that for Madoka? To each their own. XD

They are illusionary happy there. Let them dream :3

You definitely should watch FLCL! Witch Hunter Robin has that kind of ending where it's for you to decide what happened to the main characters

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 10:48PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

True Evil

They are illusionary happy there. Let them dream :3

Haha, I guess. But Madoka seems to start to realize something is up... Anyways, that probably belongs in a Madoka thread. XD

You definitely should watch FLCL! Witch Hunter Robin has that kind of ending where it's for you to decide what happened to the main characters

I definitely plan to watch FLCL. Seems pretty short.

I used to love to read or play those "Choose your own ending" stories. Those were always fun. When you get a bad ending, you want to try again or go back a step.

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

I definitely plan to watch FLCL. Seems pretty short.

It's only 6 episodes but they are amazing. And the OST by the band Pillows fits perfectly. They will compose music for the sequels as well :3

I used to love to read or play those "Choose your own ending" stories. Those were always fun. When you get a bad ending, you want to try again or go back a step.

Do you play any video games?

joined Jun 23, 2017

Do you play any video games?

I used to, when I had more time and was not away from home. I watch a lot of play throughs on YouTube though. Have you heard of the game, "Catherine"? It is one of those games with multiple ending depending on how you answer questions. I guess many games are like that these days right? Good game, fun to watch unfold.

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

Have you heard of the game, "Catherine"? It is one of those games with multiple ending depending on how you answer questions.

Yes! I watch walkthrough since I don't have PS 3 or Xbox (I have only PS4, PS Vita and psp). I got to know about Catherine while playing Persona 3 ( that guy Vincent Brooks appeared at a certain point but just for a small talk). I like alternative endings. It's always a plus either it's a game, a show or a book (for example "French Lieutenant's Woman" has 3 versions of how the story could end, and they are all within one book)

guess many games are like that these days right?

they are. graphics look good but stories suck a lot.

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 11:38PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

guess many games are like that these days right?

they are. graphics look good but stories suck a lot.

The latest Final Fantasy is a good example of that..... Though some parts of the gameplay were good.

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

The latest Final Fantasy is a good example of that..... Though some parts of the gameplay were good.

I got spoilers about the ending and couldn't bring myself to play it, and I like turn base RPG rather than hack and slash. My favourite ff games would be from VI to X.

Es0teric some movie recommendations:
Montage 2013 kor
A Hard Day 2014 kor
Mad Max Fury Road 2015

P.S. Some John Wick chapter 2 scenes gave me a feeling of deja vu. Waiting for chapter 3

last edited at Jul 4, 2017 12:40AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

True Evil

I also remember watching the "Infamous Second Son" walkthrough, which was also fun. I haven't delved into Persona yet, I probably should, I see it everywhere.

Es0teric

I read "Beloved" up to chapter 13. When does it update? Very unique art, and interesting story so far.

joined Mar 21, 2017

mpgpeg

Generally updated once a month but sometimes can take up to 2 months. She releases whole chapters thankfully though. I love her use of watercolours.

TrueEvil

Everything up to 9 and then 12 are my favourites.
Prefer turn base rpgs too.

Own all the Mad Max films, one of my favorite movie series. Will check out the other 2.

last edited at Jul 4, 2017 1:41AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Es0teric

I see it also has a discussion thread here, but it is not very active. Yeah, the watercolors are great and abstract. I know the obvious couple to root for is with the younger one, but we know very little about their backstories as of now. Is the original language Chinese? Do not see that often.

I'm sure the age difference has been discussed a lot. Not sure how to feel about it. It could be worse though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.