Forum › WDTFS fans - off topic

joined Mar 21, 2017

mpgpeg

My depression got real bad and i dropped out of University. I was actually majoring in Marketing and then Information Systems with Film Theory as my minor. Film theory is what i really enjoyed but i was told i should study something i could get a job in.

last edited at Jul 7, 2017 12:49AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Es0teric

I understand. It wasn't meant to be then. My sister dropped out of college as well, mainly due to her mental status at the time. Also, her passion in life is drawing and writing, but not the traditional types taught in schools. More cartoons and comics. Her major was English and the job prospects are not good anyways.

I was lucky that I liked math and science and that there are many possible occupations in those fields, but I was never passionate about them. Or not nearly as passionate as others. I do not hate what I am learning at least. XD

last edited at Jul 7, 2017 1:25AM

joined Mar 28, 2017

Anyone has tattoo here. I am thinking about getting a small tattoo. Two ideas come to mind
1. a walking cat carrying a furoshiki and a leaf shade.
2. a cat cuddling, sleeping with a fox

joined Mar 21, 2017

mpgpeg

I'm apparently what they call a Xennial. According to who you talk too we were either the most screwed or we had it the best lol.

At least you don't hate it haha.

hlama

I have a few tattoos. Will these be your first?

last edited at Jul 7, 2017 2:41AM

joined Mar 28, 2017

Yup, want it on my wrist.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Yup, want it on my wrist.

I have one on my wrist, hurt a little but it can be different for everyone.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Es0teric

Xennials, never heard that term until now. Many celebrities I grew up with are Xennials, like Justin Timberlake and etc. I'm a Millennial I guess. XD

I think you guys had it pretty good. It depends on the person of course.

hlama

Nice ideas for tattoos. I do not have one myself, but I have thought about it. The wrist is a good, subtle place to get one.

WDTFS has one of the most apparent and important tattoos, so this topic is very fitting. :)

last edited at Jul 7, 2017 12:15PM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

everytime I happened to watch "ink master" with Amy, I go like: I'm definitely getting a rib cage tattoo tomorrow.. it will be something so complicated only 5 people will understand XD.. but as usual, I coward out against anything painful. (she has 3 tattoos, btw)

I will just enjoy seeing them on others I guess ~

mmhm.. something like backward encoding.. you can't read it.. unless you reflect it on a mirror..
or maybe water color tattoo style of a Wolf.. could be the same style but black and white.. and maybe a japanese poem on my lat (hargana lettering).. or maybe a maze done in geometric style (that requires at least two minutes to solve) hehehe

last edited at Jul 7, 2017 4:12PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Nora89

Those sound like great ideas for tattoos! Very abstract, especially the reflected one and the maze.

Yes, me too. :)

joined Mar 21, 2017

mpgpeg

I'm more in the got screwed camp lol. But life goes on, can't dwell in the past.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I have a tattoo of a Phoenix, the Eye of chaos, the Elder sign from the Cthulhu mythos with some tentacles backing away from it, a Xenomorph ouroborus tattoo and an Evil Dead tattoo. Once you start you find you want more though lol.

My biggest advice is get something that means something to you.

last edited at Jul 7, 2017 7:28PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Es0teric

I am curious about your life now. XD If I did not have a big exam coming up, I would direct message you (if that would be okay). Maybe in like a week.

Once you start you find you want more though lol.

That's what I have heard from almost everyone. My main issue is that I hope I will not regret it in the future, so as of now, I will hold off. Maybe one day though.

joined Mar 21, 2017

mpgpeg

If you want to chat I don't mind. I do have a lot of repressed memories so can be hard bringing up the past, but I don't mind trying to talk.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Es0teric

Okay, good to know. I will message you when I get the chance. :) Those are definitely more private and personal matters.

joined Mar 28, 2017

I have a tattoo of a Phoenix, the Eye of chaos, the Elder sign from the Cthulhu mythos with some tentacles backing away from it, a Xenomorph ouroborus tattoo and an Evil Dead tattoo. Once you start you find you want more though lol.

Damn, that is intense.

My biggest advice is get something that means something to you.

Cat is my favorite animal. I want my first to involve a cat.

joined Mar 28, 2017

everytime I happened to watch "ink master" with Amy, I go like: I'm definitely getting a rib cage tattoo tomorrow.. it will be something so complicated only 5 people will understand XD.. but as usual, I coward out against anything painful. (she has 3 tattoos, btw)

mmhm.. something like backward encoding.. you can't read it.. unless you reflect it on a mirror..
or maybe water color tattoo style of a Wolf.. could be the same style but black and white.. and maybe a japanese poem on my lat (hargana lettering).. or maybe a maze done in geometric style (that requires at least two minutes to solve) hehehe

Haha, cool ideas. I just need to fit a cat in there somehow.

joined Feb 4, 2017

mpgpeg

Those sound like great ideas for tattoos! Very abstract, especially the reflected one and the maze.

hehe I have some crazy ideas too.. in general, anything simple but so mysterious will be a candidate.. however, no matter how much I love a person, I wouldnever tattoo any names, innitials, birthdays of them on me XDDD
hlama

Haha, cool ideas. I just need to fit a cat in there somehow.

mmhm black & white, watercolor style.. but maybe glass colored eyes XD

last edited at Jul 8, 2017 6:32AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Nora89

however, no matter how much I love a person, I wouldnever tattoo any names, innitials, birthdays of them on me XDDD

I've always thought that as well. If it would be anyone, then maybe a relative or someone close to me that passed. Definitely not a current relationship.

joined Feb 4, 2017

mpgpeg you are a wise person XD.. all cover up tattoo artists are like: another regrettable tattoo, a break up huh XD, I hate this routine job XDD

last edited at Jul 8, 2017 9:54PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Nora89

Haha, I enjoy watching some tattoo shows too when I get the chance. That is a common cover-up.

last edited at Jul 8, 2017 10:29PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

^ But what about true love bound by red strings....
; )

But yeah it's a terrible idea. I have a few tattooist friends who won't do names.

last edited at Jul 8, 2017 10:29PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Es0teric

If you're referring to what I think, at least it's not their names. It's much more symbolic, but you probably knew that. ;)

joined Mar 21, 2017

^ I wasn't referring to a tattoo of red strings of fate but getting a tattoo of your "true loves" names.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Es0teric

I see, okay. :)

joined Feb 4, 2017

I know best.. that nothing lasts that long.. I admire about fiction that it allows us to fantasise about that.. dream about it and wish for it.. but then, if it's true.. then a tattoo won't help it be truer.. and if it's not, then the hassle of breaking up will be multiplied by 15!

I don't know.. but forever was always shorter than I thought.

refraining from tattooing a lover's name on one's self could also mean that the expectation of a possible failure becomes some sort of a self fulfilling prophecy.. hence, failing is inevitable when one has a mentality like that.

I don't know again.. I keep confusing myself on matters I knew what I thought about. What does it matter now.. I fainted out of pain when I broke my wrist.. possibly I would tap out even before I intend to get a tattoo for real XD

last edited at Jul 8, 2017 10:49PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.