Forum › My Cute Little Kitten discussion

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

New Morinaga Milk? Heck yeah! And nice change of pace with the adult life. :)

Bad thing is, that now I want a kitten.

joined Jul 31, 2013

This looks really good. Hope this turns out to be another success for Morinaga.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Morinaga Milk's comment in Galette said that this story didn't get approved by a commercial magazine. I wonder why?

Would Galette count as non-commercial magazine? Or is there some other meaning?

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Also, is it me or does the art look a little different from her norm? It seems similar to some of the more "pretty" parts of A Room For Two.

Seems to be the hair. While the two main characters' personalities fall squarely within Morinaga's style (it's easy to see echoes of Akko/Hina in Rena, or Mari/Hana in Yuna), the visual designs actually break somewhat from her earlier work.

The hairstyling here is much more intricate, very reminiscent of ARFT. With Rena being a professional stylist, my first thought is Morinaga's research for the character bled into her art.

On a tangential note, I kind of have a super crush on Rena.

last edited at May 20, 2017 3:15PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

LexXxich posted:

Morinaga Milk's comment in Galette said that this story didn't get approved by a commercial magazine. I wonder why?

It is crow funded, Independent magazine, which seems to had been created exactly because so many yuri artists had problems with finding place to publish their works and most yuri magazines were dying/changing their main goal/audience, so even thought they probably are commercial, I'd say it definitely is more lenient with what kind of stuff is published here. Like I don't say they don't have any control over content, but since it is crow funded in the first place, they can give much more freedom to creators and not focus so much on creating only works that will sell a lot. At least that is how I understand it.

last edited at May 20, 2017 3:25PM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

LexXxich posted:

It is crow funded, Independent magazine, which seems to had been created exactly because so many yuri artist had problems with find place to publish their works and most yuri magazines were dying/changing their main goal/audience, so even thought they probably are commercial, I'd say it definitely is more lenient with what kind of stuff is published her. Like I don't say they don't have any control over counted, but since it is crow funded in the first place, they can give much more freedom to creators and not focus so much on creating only works that will sell a lot. At least that is how I understand it.

Oh, so she probably meant something like "I couldn't get this published in any mainstream/big-name magazines."

last edited at May 20, 2017 3:18PM

Capture1%20edited1
joined Jul 10, 2016

Morinaga Milk's Girlfriend is the reason why yuri became my addiction. Damn her and incredibly cute stories!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So who is "My Cute Little Kitten" here? The cat or Yuna? Or both?

I hope there is some play off what Rena said about her mom (and probably her) always picking up stray cats and her essentially taking care of Yuna in a similar fashion.

Either they will hook up next chapter and it ends or there will be drama for 10+ chapters before the other girl realizes she likes her as well and then it ends. Or ideal, mythical option, she agrees to go out next chapter and rest will be about their life as a couple I so want a series like that >.>

Check out Wife and Wife, Bright and Cheery Amnesia or anything by Miyabi Fujieda. ;-)

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

KITTY !

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Really dig it. Early confessions seem to lead to more interesting story telling possibilities in my opinion but I suspect the usual beat-around-the-bush approach has some reason for sticking around. In my Humanities class, I complained about a story going on for several more chapters than it needed to. My teacher said "Yeah, but people had nothing better to do back then."

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Wish she'd go the Patreon route and stop bothering with publishers and outdated ways.

It is incredible that they just give up when a magazine goes belly up.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Orestes posted:

Wish she'd go the Patreon route and stop bothering with publishers and outdated ways.

She just did. Galette is funded on enty.jp which is basically a jps Patreon. That is also why this magazine is such a big deal, because they decided to go for crow funding from people who actually want the yuri the way those artists want to draw it and gave them a option to support their work directly.

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

oh yeah she is back!!

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

"Now that you've finally admitted it... Back to the apartment hunting. How about we look for a smaller one? I mean, we don't need two bedrooms anymore, do we?" Afterward, they had lots of handholding.

I would've loved a oneshot like that, but a series is also nice. Although, I fear a lot of drama coming for some/no reason. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Is that a reference to https://dynasty-scans.com/images/5301 ?

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Orestes posted:

She just did. Galette is funded on enty.jp which is basically a jps Patreon. That is also why this magazine is such a big deal, because they decided to go for crow funding from people who actually want the yuri the way those artists want to draw it and gave them a option to support their work directly.

AFAIK Galette is the same magazine format that failed hardcore in the past. I mean her individually. Doing the same corporate stuff is going to get them nowhere.

I find extremely hard to believe that she wouldn't get a lot of backers and make a good living out of it but by doing this you keep adding unnecessary baggage and the chances of failing skyrocket.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I live for adult life yuri. I don't care if it's short even, it's good and cute already

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

Cats+yuri needs to be regulated, that much cuteness can't be healthy for the soul

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Crow funding

I realise it's most likely a typo, but getting something funded by crows would be pretty awesome. Like a crow funded murder

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

LexXxich posted:

Crow funding

I realise it's most likely a typo, but getting something funded by crows would be pretty awesome. Like a crow funded murder

You didn't know crows are the biggest yuri fans? I thought it was common knowledge ;/ yes, there was a lot of typos in it

joined Mar 15, 2017

Oh, so she probably meant something like "I couldn't get this published in any mainstream/big-name magazines."

商業誌 (shougyoushi) means any publication that's the product of an actual publishing business. Galette doesn't have a publisher, so it's a kind of doujinshi.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Okay whatever that kitten is cute af!!!!!!!!

Cute!

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

A straightforward confession of love in the first chapter?
What trickery is this?

joined Jan 31, 2013

I clicked for the tags and I didn't actually notice the author. And then OH BOY the HYPE when I saw Morinaga-sensei's fantastic art! The queen is back!

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Orestes posted:

AFAIK Galette is the same magazine format that failed hardcore in the past. I mean her individually. Doing the same corporate stuff is going to get them nowhere.

I find extremely hard to believe that she wouldn't get a lot of backers and make a good living out of it but by doing this you keep adding unnecessary baggage and the chances of failing skyrocket.

This is different it is 100% funded by yuri fans if this crashes and burns it's means there isn't a big enough audience for yuri to support itself. If you break out when something like galette is out you'll be a break off in the already small community and would either hurt just her and not make enough both her and galette so why not just stick with the group keep the community in one place. In short she will be fine galette shows no signs of burning to the ground and if it does use the solo mode as a last resort it's not like she can't just jump ship before it explodes.

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

To reply you must either login or sign up.