Forum › Anime season

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I admit, I want more from yuri anime. But compared to what we've seen in the past we are getting more already. It's a good trend, and even though I've only just started watching Kobayashi-san I can see where it's turning into something I really like that helps normalize the idea of women who care deeply about each other in a de facto lesbian relationship.

Yeah, I wish things would hurry up. I wish Kobayashi-san would be able to say "I love you" at the end in the same way I wanted Papika and Cocona to kiss at the end. And maybe with luck in a few years we'll be at the point where shows like that can happen. Even so, I recognize Flip Flappers and Kobayashi-san as Gay As Hell(tm) and no amount of "Well, actually..." is going to convince me otherwise.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

yurifags

I'm sorry, I can't take seriously anyone who uses words like "something-fag". Kids these days have no manners.

But if I had to take you seriously, then I'd have to disagree with you.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I'm sorry, I can't take seriously anyone who uses words like "something-fag". Kids these days have no manners.

oh thank god, I thought I was the only one. Everyone kept on using it like it's not weird or even remotely offensive.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

oh thank god, I thought I was the only one. Everyone kept on using it like it's not weird or even remotely offensive.

It's never just you.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

I know right? I cry at night knowing someone on the other side of the planet who never referred to me said a word I personally don't approve of. I respect you not liking it, it's not nice and all. But I can't help but to think you'd get offended at everything like it's your hobby, as well as calling every person who uses a "bad word ;___;" a "kid". Hey, grow up.

When did I say I was offended? I said I couldn't take you seriously. It's not the same thing. "yurifag" is a silly word that doesn't even mean anything.

And no, I don't usually get offended. I'm one of the most non-PC people I know. I joke about anything!

PS: I don't want to grow up! I'm way too old already. :(

last edited at May 4, 2017 11:38AM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

You sounded (looked?) like it, since you weren't mentioned once but still decided to leave your opinion (which you're free to, ofc) on my sadly forum influenced terms that are harmless unless you purposely choose to apply them to yourself, which seemed like your thing with that post. It just means person into yuri. You probably know it already but okay.

If I were offended, then I would say so, I would think. "Yurifag" is just one those words like "bae" or "fam" that destroy the credibility of every person using them. And yes, I know that is just my opinion, not a fact.

Which incidentally brings us back to the topic at hand! Your opinions on what is yuri and what is not is just that, your opinion. I disagree with your views, and your hostile attitude, but you are entitled to them!

Except the word fag.

I would tell a fag joke if I knew any.

My great-grandmother would have disowned us.

Sorry, I'm confused. I know it's a joke, but I just don't see the relevance. English is not my native language, so I might miss on some of the nuances.

Hence the kid calling? Just have fun.

"*Kids these days*" is a joke (or are they called memes now?) from back-in-the-day. It wasn't targeted at you. Gosh, I really am old, aren't I?

Let's not derail the topic anymore than it already has, and just agree to disagree. Is this alright with everyone?

last edited at May 4, 2017 12:05PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Ah, like using "xd" unironically in the last decade or so. I understand your logic better now.

I use xd unironically... then again, I never had any credibility to begin with.

(In my defence, I never say it out loud.)

I know I said not to derail the topic, but I had to get that off my proverbial chest.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Oh boy, woke up to see this mess. Mizusi, seems like you got too much drugs in one night, my son. Get a good sleep now.

Let's get back to our usual friendly topic. How was this week's Sakura Quest?

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

It was good, but smelled a bit like there might be het in the future.

I like the Oden Decective. I think it's funny that she's had a ton of different jobs!

joined Jan 8, 2016

I rather have Flip Flappers "flop" and realized than seeing those crows in the entertainment industry tear the next great thing apart in another bloody gold rush attempt.

I may not watch a lot of anime but we had Yuuki Yuuna three years ago, creative anime isn't going anywhere, even if they keep flopping someone will do it even more for the passion than anything else

last edited at May 4, 2017 2:16PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ratte posted:

I rather have Flip Flappers "flop" and realized than seeing those crows in the entertainment industry tear the next great thing apart in another bloody gold rush attempt.

I may not watch a lot of anime but we had Yuuki Yuuna three years ago, creative anime isn't going anywhere, even if they keep flopping someone will do it even more for the passion than anything else

And we have the movies now... But I've heard they're very crude so I hesitate to watch TwT

joined Jan 21, 2015

That's what it looked like to me too. The fortune-teller lady served them one drink with two straws! How subtle. I can deal with that, but if Yoshino and Sanae's arcs are about learning to appreciate and love Manoyama, wouldn't it send the wrong message if at least one of them decides to stay not because she fell in love with the town, but because she met someone? It's probably too early to tell, though.

And we have the movies now... But I've heard they're very crude so I hesitate to watch TwT

The first one was good. The second one... not so much. The source material was great but the adaptation wanted to end at a specific point, so they padded the rest of the movie with fluff and the foreshadowing was as subtle as a ton of bricks. One thing I thought was great is that they confirmed that Tougou is a huge gay and not just Yuuna-sexual. Unfortunately her sexuality is little more than a punchline in this movie.
I am a bit concerned with the direction the franchise is taking. Judging from the Yuuki Yuuna and Washio Sumi chapters, and from what I know about the Nogi Wakaba novels, it seems the franchise gets bloodier and more tragic with each installment. And since we'll be getting a direct sequel to the adventures of Yuuna & friends...

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Alright, How about you give us an example of Yuri that you like since your so pessimistic about Kobayashi and you seem to have a dislike towards Octave. What do you consider to be a good Yuri series?

I'm not even sure myself how this now turned into a taste contest

I just asked what Yuri series you consider good, Not "What Yuri series do you like that are better then my taste's". Stop putting words into my mouth.

when I very much LOVED Maid Dragon,

Really? Because your previous posts sound like you bashing the show because it apparently "Treat's Yuri as a Joke".

a show with yuri themes whose plot doesn't progress depending on a yuri romance, a series whose plot DOESN'T focus on yuri between two main characters, isn't the show I'd personally say something like "hey I'll watch this YURI SHOW

Anime's like that aren't even tagged as Yuri, So it's kinda on you if you still watch them even if they don't show any sign's of bringing Yuri content at all.

Hidamari Sketch, gotta love me some Sae x Hiro because they have such a family dynamic and are into each other (except this one is reciprocated, LOL), so it's a yuri SoL since they're kinda like MCs too". Simoun, Aoi Hana, Yagate Kimi ni Naru (an actual series about someone gradually falling for a girl, unlike Kobayashi-san for Tohru), even retarded mindless fun like Yuri Mekuru Hibi and Kase-san, etc. Did it change anything, knowing what I like? Does it hurt searching for my MAL if my tastes are that important when they weren't part of my arguments?

I was just curious about what Yuri series you consider good seeing how you started bashing two Yuri series that are critically acclaimed among the Yuri genre. But I can see that you just want to assume that every comment that disagree's with you is disrespecting your opinion.

Keep that mindset up! It'll really get you far in life! /s

last edited at May 4, 2017 11:13PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

when I very much LOVED Maid Dragon,

Really? Because your previous posts sound like you bashing the show because it apparently "Treat's Yuri as a Joke".

She likes the show but doesn't consider it yuri. Simple as that.

Everyone dropped this already, you should, too.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

If you don't consider Maid Dragon to be yuri then you're out of your mind, simple as that.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ Sigh You're not gonna solve anything by continuing to provoke Mizusi, unless you want to keep on arguing :/

I like the Oden Decective. I think it's funny that she's had a ton of different jobs!

Watched the ep. It was nice as always. This show is shaping up to possibly be a more focused and refined Shirobako. Too bad it's not as well appreciated because it's not about making anime.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The Shirobako main character was cooler than the Queen imo, I've watched 2 episodes of Sakura Quest and I was a fan of Hanasaku Iroha, I know how this studio deals with its characters so I know it's gonna be good overall but so far, for me, is still lacking... Maybe because of how dull the town is so it's awkward to watch.

Nanatsu Taizai aired today... How I am going to get the uncensored raw with subs?! AAAAHHH----.... Nevermind, it took me like 5 minutes to find the AT-X raw uncensored and the subs were shared in /a/

last edited at May 5, 2017 2:38PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

but if Yoshino and Sanae's arcs are about learning to appreciate and love Manoyama, wouldn't it send the wrong message if at least one of them decides to stay not because she fell in love with the town, but because she met someone?

No, because the episode makes it very clear that the most important thing about this job (or any job at all) is the experience that you gain from interacting with the people you come across and work with. It is the same with loving the town. The town itself has no value outside of the people in it (yes, there are traditions that make the town what it is, but those also have to start with the people). Sanae falling in love doesn't take away from this theme because meeting the one you love in this town creates a special memory that you can now attach to it, therefore makes it even more valuable to you.

last edited at May 5, 2017 3:22PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

hinakoi note now an oopai show...
no more oppai loli.....
damn it all !!!
loli must be flat!!! bring back flat loli!!

last edited at May 5, 2017 10:49PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

no game no life zero looks interesting.
looking forward to see the human elf backstory.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This is getting an anime... But looks like no one around here translate it, so I guess we wait for anime only.
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/slow-start-r13321
www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-05-06/slow-start-4-panel-schoolgirl-manga-gets-tv-anime/.115773

last edited at May 6, 2017 2:03PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

but if Yoshino and Sanae's arcs are about learning to appreciate and love Manoyama, wouldn't it send the wrong message if at least one of them decides to stay not because she fell in love with the town, but because she met someone?

No, because the episode makes it very clear that the most important thing about this job (or any job at all) is the experience that you gain from interacting with the people you come across and work with. It is the same with loving the town. The town itself has no value outside of the people in it (yes, there are traditions that make the town what it is, but those also have to start with the people). Sanae falling in love doesn't take away from this theme because meeting the one you love in this town creates a special memory that you can now attach to it, therefore makes it even more valuable to you.

Oh, you're right, that makes sense. I genuinely forgot that people are important. (whoops?)

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Huh, so there's indeed 2 female Brolys now... I like the new one better

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Kase-san ONA is out. Actually fairly decent

In other news, the latest DBS spoilers are hilarious

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

the latest DBS spoilers are hilarious

Pfffffffffffffffffffffff heheheheheheehehehhee godamnit
When i first heard of it i thought there's no way they're going that full retard
Oh boy

To reply you must either login or sign up.