Forum › A "small" topic for video games

joined Jan 8, 2016

Goddammit Nintendo, you did so well and then didn't stick the fucking landing

Giant Enemy Crab final boss AFTER ALL THAT CAME BEFORE? Really? REALLY?!?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

How am I supposed to have a life with all these long-ass games?!

...I checked some Senran Kagura Peach Beach gameplay and it's just trashy fan service ...but it looks super fun! Like Splatoon with less paint and more boobs.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
If the leaks are to be believed, this little countdown with 50 minutes left that everyone will click only after it has already finished seems to be about a Steam version of Bayonetta
I mean, that's not Vanquish or even Bayonetta 2, but i'll take it, only played the PS3 version so it'll probably feel like a different game

Edit: R$36,99? That shit is CHEAP As it should i guess

last edited at Apr 11, 2017 10:55AM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Vanquish blows.

Fite me

Also, godfuckingdammit, my Counter Strike timings are pouring in my real life decisions, bought this piece of junk only for Bayonetta 1+2

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Meanwhile, Gearbox release Bulletstorm remaster for $50 lol

Did my part and bought Bayonetta. Now I have it on 360, Wii U and PC.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

By the milky way's mamaries are these guys fucking serious? Green Hill AGAIN? Is Sonic Team so fucking afraid of stepping away from nostalgia pandering for one goddamn second?

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I think Persona 5 makes use of HDR, since the colors while I'm playing are noticeably different than non-hdr screenshots I've seen on the net. Every screenshot everywhere else looks way too washed out in comparison. It's also very noticeable whenever anime cutscenes play out in-game, which don't seem to make use of HDR.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I tried playing the Love Live game yesterday (I am WAY late to the party, but I'm fine with that). I have learned that I'm not good at rhythm games, there's a huge info dump at the beginning that I assume relies on lots of experience with similar games to understand, and the story scenes give me the uncomfortable feeling of being a hairy otaku dude in a room full of figurines makin' on virtual schoolgirls.

It's kinda fun otherwise though.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

The side story scenes are all weird. I hate them for the most part. The main story ones are fine.

I do recommend not getting into it. It took up so much of my time for the last year. (And I spent quite a bit of money). If you skip the events or aiming for Tier 1 (or 2 even), you may not hate yourself like I do right now. I am trying to quit. My friend said we will quit together, but I am losing sleep over quitting the game. I am bargaining with myself that maybe I can just hold back from playing events. I mean, I got my Devil Nico so I dunno what else to strive for. We'll see. (My friend has played for over 2 years while I have only played since September 2015).

The reason I really like the game is because over time I got better. From only playing on easy, having trouble with medium, and failing on hard. When I full combo Aishiteru Banzai on hard, I was really happy. Eventually I started playing on expert (the biggest difficulty for me was to get over the fact that I won't be getting Full Combos like on hard) and eventually I started Full Comboing them. I never played Guitar Hero or Rock Band on difficulties higher than medium because I am bad a rhythm games but LL SIF was one I kept at it and got better. Only expert song I cannot clear consistently is Zurui yo Magnetic Today (which sucks because it is the NicoMaki song and I really like it). Master difficulty is a whole 'nother story.

Also Chiduko is probably the gayest character and this is now like my favorite pairing.

last edited at Apr 13, 2017 10:32AM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Oh, yeah, cool, yeah, put the Negev back in for 2000$ in Competetive when I wanted to have a few chill matches ON MY FUCKING HOLIDAYS YOU FCUKING CUNTS HOLY FUCK

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, I'm unlikely to get too into it. I really don't understand half the game, and I'm mainly just doing stuff more or less at random so I can play more lives and collect cards. No idea what gold does, no idea how to figure out what makes a good team, no idea how to use appeals at all.

But hey, got a rare Nico today so that's cool.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Good team for now is just your highest scorers in certain attributes. So for smile, just put the 9 idols with the highest smile score.

That is all you need to do if you if you don't play events.

Rare and up have skills. These proc randomly when their conditions are met (like every 20 perfects or every 28 notes) and they will help you with like stamina recovery or bonus points or increasing timing windows.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't know what attribute "smile" is. or what any of the attributes do in fact. There's ones with abstract symbols and different colours, but there's no tooltip or anything that helps me.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Smile is red. Pure is green. Cool is blue. Just use the auto team button for now. It should be enough if all you are doing is starting out.

There should be some information if you select Other in the bottom left and then go to Hints.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Wow, I had no idea that Love Live got a worldwide release and that there are some game-original characters... maybe they'll make an anime with all those new people some time. Still not really interested in it, especially since I'm already hopelessly addicted to one admittedly trite mobile game, but i suppose that it's nice that it's out there in case I ever want to give it a go.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

The game original characters are cool.

Here are the translated 4komas:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdolFestival/wiki/tenfes

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Ugh, Fate/Grand Order is getting an english release now and I can't carry over my account. MY SABERFACE TEAM! Okita, Mordred, Nero Bride, Artoria, MHX! Plus Waver and Jack is such a waste not to have.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

YEEESS!! After 30 hours I have finally become Gundam

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

That doesn't look like Exia.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Yes it does, it's the Exia Avalanche painted green because Dan Green won't have it otherwise

joined Jan 8, 2016

Did they also tell you that you could become anything?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

There's no "they" here, only my mommy

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I was eerily close to finally getting into the Love Live craze and playing Love Live but... my phone keeps shutting down when the Launching Application screen thing is at 99%, so I guess it's not happening. I am kinda sad since I did want to give it a try but at the same time... whew, I sure dodged a bullet there, I surely would have become just as addicted to this as I become to every other game I play (unless there's a way to fix it, I suppose, in which case I'm just delaying my inevitable destruction).

Edit: Now that I'm reading a bit more about it, it's probably just 'cause I don't have enough storage. Ah, the woes of having a shitty 4 GB phone.

last edited at Apr 18, 2017 4:49PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm finding on Love Live, when you have to hit the two furthest girls at the same time, I almost always miss on the left one, even on easy. Can't really figure out why.

What is the gold good for anyway? I haven't actually spent it on anything so far and I keep piling it up.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Gold is used when doing practices (levelling up/idolizing). Also during certain events you use it to buy bonuses. The current event is just tokens.

This topic has been locked.