Forum › Anime season

joined Jan 8, 2016

Actually, I don't. Don't like pizza either.

your ava be like: Deal with it

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kayo-chin posted:

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: Damn that was a beautiful ending! Thank you, KyoAni! It was a masterpiece!

Let's cry all day and all night because it's over... who's with me? TwT I miss it already.
I wanted a part where she's introduced to her parent as partner and not just a maid... The fact that she will live on after Kobayashi's death makes this ending so bittersweet

Boruto was fun too!

last edited at Apr 5, 2017 12:51PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Guess I'm the only one who didn't like how much they changed it huh? Overly dramatic, the charm of the premise was that it wasn't that way.

I was fine with it until Tohru went to fight her father. When that happened it went in 'eeeehh' territory for me.

Oh well, I'll probably be one of the very few who don't like the episode all that much xD Still sad that it ended though.

last edited at Apr 5, 2017 5:03PM by Nezchan

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Watching Eureka Seven for the first time
The only character i managed to like just died
Now there isn't a single character in this show i don't want to punch in the face
Except maybe Eureka
I want to flick her forehead
Like Toguro

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Winter season retrospective, now that it's actually over:

Gundam: Very... literary? High on moral ambiguity and character focus, low on plot twists. Ends up yuri, but that's not the reason to watch it

Kemono Friends: Terrible animation, good character designs, phenomenal plotting. Most compelling thing I've watched in... not quite 6 years. Yuri-wise, Beaver x Prairie dog is not quite canon, and Kaban x Serval, Fennec x Raccoon, and Lion x Moose are all pretty popular

Maid Dragon: Bit of a rough starts, but ends up being quite good after a few episodes. And I feel like the anime staff understands it better than Cool does

Urara Meirochou: Great visuals. Otherwise a fairly average CGDCT series that's a bit gayer than usual

Youjo Senki: Very good at what it does, but what it does changes most episodes. No real yuri, but it's possible to ship Viktoriya and Tanya if you really want to (some fanart exists)

Little Witch Academia: Sorta like an anti- KemoFre? Good animation but shit-tier plotting, and I ultimately ended up not caring enough to keep watching it. On the shipping front, the show seems to be setting up a het romance

last edited at Apr 6, 2017 1:05AM

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Kayo-chin posted:

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: Damn that was a beautiful ending! Thank you, KyoAni! It was a masterpiece!

Let's cry all day and all night because it's over... who's with me? TwT I miss it already.
I wanted a part where she's introduced to her parent as partner and not just a maid... The fact that she will live on after Kobayashi's death makes this ending so bittersweet

Boruto was fun too!

fight me at Mount Rushmore. The Age of Normies and casuals are over.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Well, every show I followed Winter season ended & for Rakugo, Sangatsu, & Maid Dragon alone, I can say that it was a good season. Easily among my fav anime ever, especially the first two. Gintama & Konosuba were also pretty nice. Aside from a couple of really "meh" ones, the rest were serviceable & pleasant enough. Nothing jarringly bad (that I've seen anyway). Overall, a pleasant anime season.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I really loved the last ep of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid :) Was very moving - made me tear up.

I didn't mind at all the changes over the manga - like most other additions they made in the anime I thought it worked well - and was not over the top or unrealistic - in fact it fit perfectly with the dragons behaviors - if anything I would say her father gave up too easy in the manga given how scary and powerful he is meant to be.

Someone commented above that they thought the anime makers had understood what makes the story and characters special better than the mangaka who wrote it and I mostly agree. Though Cool Kyoushinsha deserves the most credit still - it's a lot harder to make the story up from nothing than to make changes for the better - but still, assuming the manga is still on going I hope he takes on board some of the different takes the anime had - like playing up Kanna and Saikawa more.

p.s I loved the bit near the end where Tohrou says she will give Kobayashi everything, and Kanna is watching - made me wonder if she thought about that Saikawa had said the same to her.. And then Kobayashi taking them home to meet her parents :)

last edited at Apr 6, 2017 9:31PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Maid Dragon anime is way better than the manga. CoolKyou is a cool guy who always has good ideas about relationships that he wants to present. But, his mediocre writing tends to make everything feels fragmented, inconsistent, & choppy. Conflicts are resolved way too easily for any real emotional impact. That chapter with Tohru's dad has 0 tension, tbh. I'm glad they didn't go for a 1:1 adaptation. KyoAni manages to pick up on Cool's good ideas and make it way more focused and endearing. It sure hell goes off the comedy route from the manga in favor of more SOL feel, but it works. An adaptation should be able to stand on its own & this anime did.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Also helps that it doesn't look like shit.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

LOL That too.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

any good animes on?
only saw Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records... dam japan and long titles.
friends kept telling me to see it but it was nothing noteworthy, its just an ecchi comedy.

Also why are people hyped for this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqiRF7ovKM4
looks like the usual ecchi garbage.

last edited at Apr 6, 2017 7:50PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

any good animes on?
only saw Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records... dam japan and long titles.
friends kept telling me to see it but it was nothing noteworthy, its just an ecchi comedy.

Akashic Records?

Is this related to Vampire Hunter D?

Edit: Nevermind it's an ecchi comedy -_-

last edited at Apr 6, 2017 8:24PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

It's ecchi garbage with yuri. Think of it as the demonic version of Valkyrie Drive.

last edited at Apr 6, 2017 8:47PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

any good animes on?

So far Sakura Quest and Kado have been pretty decent, and there's some sequels of note

last edited at Apr 6, 2017 9:04PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Cannibal posted:

It's ecchi garbage with yuri. Think of it as the demonic version of Valkyrie Drive.

Valkyrie drive was ruined for me when the main girl intermediately fell in love with the sight of a guy (if the short haired guy was a girl all along it doesn't matter), almost like a fanatic with wet dreams and everything even though she didn't know shit about him... So I dropped around chapter 7 or 8, I hope with 7 sins they don't make the same mistake, the "Yuri until the guy shows up".

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Cannibal posted:

Valkyrie drive was ruined for me when the main girl intermediately fell in love with the sight of a guy (if the short haired guy was a girl all along it doesn't matter), almost like a fanatic with wet dreams and everything even though she didn't know shit about him... So I dropped around chapter 7 or 8, I hope with 7 sins they don't make the same mistake, the "Yuri until the guy shows up".

Spoilers for beyond that if it makes you feel better, the guy was a girl the whole time. The main girl crushes on the girl version even harder, as in getting turned on so much at the sight of her that she transforms unwillingly.

last edited at Apr 6, 2017 9:53PM

Urashi C. Pin
joined Jun 17, 2014

the cgi in berserk doesnt look so bad now to me

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

too much cg in frame girls!!! sucks to see anime quality getting worse than better....
even chi sweet home is cg!!
9 year older original strike witches far superior than brave witch
anime is dead!!!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

even chi sweet home is cg!!

Don't remind me... My heart still can't get over that one

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

nice joke

Urashi C. Pin
joined Jun 17, 2014

nice joke

kek

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

nice joke

kek

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1491588118669.webm

Urashi C. Pin
joined Jun 17, 2014

nice joke

kek

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1491588118669.webm

I can't breath.

joined Sep 28, 2015

Harsh. Apparently the massive animation team at Kyoani found something endearing in that series despite it looking like shit. Never judge a book by its cover as they say.

To reply you must either login or sign up.