Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Well, prediction came true that Ichigaya remembered a different sister than Touko did but I wasn't expecting it to be quite so drastically different.

Poor Yuu though, she needs to do some communicating but then Touko doesn't want to hear the specific communicating possible and......awful. e_e What a tricky situation.

joined May 20, 2013

I think Touko is going to use Sayaka for comfort instead, now that both of them know that Sayaka is aware of Touko's issues and Touko is fine with that. This will get interesting...

I wouldn't bet on that, because their conversation still ended with Touko thanking Sayaka for worrying, without any apparent intent to discuss it further. Not impossible, I just don't think it's very likely. Many authors would certainly go into that direction from here, but Nakatani Nio...? It could be interesting in either a good or bad sense, though I hope the story remains as good as it has been until now – even with all the tension – and won't become messy.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 5:06PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Tbh, while I do think that the event in this chapter will cause Touko to start distancing herself from Yuu and possibly starts confiding in Sayaka a bit more. I actually don't think it will be something in your face or dragged out like in other manga where we see the love interest being together with the love rival for several chapters, causing the protag to anguish and all teary eyes for the next several chapters or something like that. If anything, since this entire volume has been mostly about Yuu slowly starts to realize her feelings, next chapter will be the one where she will come to term with it. So I'm expecting Yuu to confront Touko pretty soon after that & possibly confess and throw Touko into further disarray, tho I could be wrong.

What I'm really hoping for is for Maki to be the one who helps talk Yuu into realizing her feelings. I'm not satisfied with him being introduced as a stand-in for the readers and then becoming a complete BG support :/

Edit: Just a thought, but it's really cool that Tomoyuki's revelation about Mio can be summarized into, "your sister sucked, but we all loved her anyway."
Touko, you can suck, too, but everyone around you will still love you, so stawp doing this to yourself, you useless lesbian! Arrrrrghhhhhh.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 5:30PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Edit: Just a thought, but it's really cool that Tomoyuki's revelation about Mio can be summarized into, "your sister sucked, but we all loved her anyway."
Touko, you can suck, too, but everyone around you will still love you, so stawp doing this to yourself, you useless lesbian! Arrrrrghhhhhh.

It might even be prudent to suggest she gets the hang of her little gay heart sometime. :D

0000profile%20pic_my%20food%20seems%20to%20be%20very%20cute
joined Feb 26, 2017

It might even be prudent to suggest she gets the hang of her little gay heart sometime. :D

That got me. XD

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

The KURAGE on Yuu's shirt reminds me of Asuka from HakuAi.

Yuu will eventually find her purpose, and love, right?

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Yuu will eventually find her purpose, and love, right?

Yes. She will evolve from "What is loveeeeeeeeeeeee?" Yuu to raging lesbian Yuu soon.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Maybe I need to go back and read something but can someone just clear this up here. Why exactly is Touko trying to be her sister? Did her parents want her to be just like her or did she come to that conclusion by herself? Because I don't see the point in it... Like you can mourn your sister and be yourself. She doesn't really even know how her sister really acted, which is kind of sad. It just makes me feel like her and her sister weren't actually close in the sibling way but they just had appearances to keep up.

But it was nice to see Sayaka comfort her, I can tell it bothers Yuu that Touko didn't come to her first but I like how the best friend isn't being excluded in place of the main couple.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Maybe I need to go back and read something but can someone just clear this up here. Why exactly is Touko trying to be her sister? Did her parents want her to be just like her or did she come to that conclusion by herself? Because I don't see the point in it... Like you can mourn your sister and be yourself. She doesn't really even know how her sister really acted, which is kind of sad. It just makes me feel like her and her sister weren't actually close in the sibling way but they just had appearances to keep up.

A combination of both. Our friend Diadetak has a pretty good analysis of Touko's behavior. Everyone should read it. (I hope you don't mind me sharing this, Diadetak!)

I don't think Touko doesn't know how her sister acted. I'm sure they are close and the Mio she remembers is not a fake one. This comes down to the same theme being brought up in the play with the amnesia girl. A human has many facets to them depending on who they are interacting with. Mio acted differently towards her family member than she would towards her friends. Touko is a family member and only knows one side of Mio, while Tomoyuki is the classmate who only knows one other side of her.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Feeling bad for Yuu. I wish she had someone to confide in too as it seems she's all alone in this. What Touko is saying is "She's so sweet, but I really can't trust her".

It's actually the opposite. Yuu is the only person Touko trusts, she did want to talk to her about her sister problems but is afraid of Yuu thinking Touko is taking advantage of her kindness.
I think Touko is going to use Sayaka for comfort instead, now that both of them know that Sayaka is aware of Touko's issues and Touko is fine with that. This will get interesting...

Then maybe not so much trust as belief? I wouldn't say Touko has been taking advantage of Yuu from the start, but from the beginning Yuu has been a "safe" person where she presumes Yuu doesn't care as much as she's just being nice. And I agree, Touko does not want to actually start taking advantage of Yuu. As for Yuu only trusting Touko, I agree as well which is where I feel that while Touko is surrounded by people that care about her, though is it hard for her to accept it right now, Yuu is kind of on her own little island.

I'm not so sure about using Sayaka for comfort, especially after reading Gudetamago's post copied in part below. In this scene, Touko sought out Yuu, not Sayaka. Sayaka and Touko just happen to find themselves alone and in that moment, Sayaka presses the topic where otherwise, I do not think Touko would have said anything. It was more Touko saying "I trust you since you already know, but you're not really the person I want to talk to about it" and then ended the topic.

Tbh, while I do think that the event in this chapter will cause Touko to start distancing herself from Yuu and possibly starts confiding in Sayaka a bit more. I actually don't think it will be something in your face or dragged out like in other manga where we see the love interest being together with the love rival for several chapters...

There really isn't an opportunity to distance herself too far as the situation requires for all of them to be together, and the success of the play seems heavily depended on the development of the characters themselves, so I agree. I do not think this will be continued for very long. I kind of picture Yuu walking up to them at the start of the next chapter or at least the next day will approach one of them.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 6:19PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Then maybe not so much trust as belief? I wouldn't say Touko has been taking advantage of Yuu from the start, but from the beginning Yuu has been a "safe" person where she presumes Yuu doesn't care as much as she's just being nice. And I agree, Touko does not want to actually start taking advantage of Yuu. As for Yuu only trusting Touko, I agree as well which is where I feel that while Touko is surrounded by people that care about her, though is it hard for her to accept it right now, Yuu is kind of on her own little island.

Tbh, Touko has been pretty self-indulgent towards Yuu since the beginning. She doesn't take advantage of her kindness in the sense that she tries to manipulate and coerce Yuu into fulfilling her desires like some have suggested. As Nakatani explained here, she just doesn't know what to do since this is her first love. But again, she's been quite self-indulgent & a bit inconsiderate towards Yuu since she's such a nice girl. Like, the recharging battery and every single kiss she ever asks of Yuu are all pretty self-indulgent. There's a reason why Yuu starts complaining that Touko only thinks of herself and isn't considerate of her feelings, you know. Aside from the fact that she's completely head-over-heel in love with her

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

too short ;.;

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I don't know how the feel because I like all the characters. But my heart is still on Sayaka x Yuu

joined Aug 22, 2016

Tbh, Touko has been pretty self-indulgent towards Yuu since the beginning. She doesn't take advantage of her kindness in the sense that she tries to manipulate and coerce Yuu into fulfilling her desires like some have suggested. As Nakatani explained here, she just doesn't know what to do since this is her first love. But again, she's been quite self-indulgent & a bit inconsiderate towards Yuu since she's such a nice girl. Like, the recharging battery and every single kiss she ever asks of Yuu are all pretty self-indulgent. There's a reason why Yuu starts complaining that Touko only thinks of herself and isn't considerate of her feelings, you know. Aside from the fact that she's completely head-over-heel in love with her

True, what I am meaning to say is that Touko is starting to draw a clearer line. She has certainly been indulging herself, but Yuu has also been willing. I'm hesitant to call it "taking advantage" since Yuu also gains benefit as she wants to change herself and in a sense, test her ability to love. Both sides are benefiting while also being challenged, but it hasn't been truly balanced since the start as Touko has been very self-indulgent. "Taking advantage" just seems to carry such a negative and sort of malicious connotation. Touko now thinks she can't continue asking of Yuu and is trying to be considerate, a sort of self-recognition, but the timing and implementation is unfitting to the situation.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 8:21PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

True, what I am meaning to say is that Touko is starting to draw a clearer line. She has certainly been indulging herself, but Yuu has also been willing, so I'm hesitant to call it "taking advantage" as Yuu also gains benefit as she wants to change herself and in a sense, test her ability to love. Both sides are benefiting while also being challenged, but it hasn't been truly balanced since the start as Touko has been very self-indulgent. "Taking advantage" just seems to carry such a negative and sort of malicious connotation. Touko now thinks she can't continue asking of Yuu and is trying to be considerate, a sort of self recognition, but the timing and implementation is unfitting to the situation.

Ok, I see where you're coming from & I wholeheartedly agree with your post.

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Oh god there was hardly any Touko/Yuu action in this chapter and we have to wait another month :( It's moments like these that really make me wish I had a time machine, just so we can get to next month, already.

I do hope Touko will share what she found out about her sister with Yuu though, because I'd like to see what Yuu says or reacts to that. Also because I don't want it to just be a thing between Touko and Sayaka...

joined Aug 6, 2015

dat soft longing, jealous stare at the end.

A couple more chapters until the explosion, one way or another.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

A combination of both. Our friend Diadetak has a pretty good analysis of Touko's behavior. Everyone should read it. (I hope you don't mind me sharing this, Diadetak!)

I don't think Touko doesn't know how her sister acted. I'm sure they are close and the Mio she remembers is not a fake one. This comes down to the same theme being brought up in the play with the amnesia girl. A human has many facets to them depending on who they are interacting with. Mio acted differently towards her family member than she would towards her friends. Touko is a family member and only knows one side of Mio, while Tomoyuki is the classmate who only knows one other side of her.

I didn't find the analysis all that great tbh.

But I see where you're coming from, maybe I spoke to harshly. Yes its true everyone acts a bit differently around certain people. Every person you interact with has their own perception of you. I see how this does relate back to the play, since its literally about a girl trying to become someone else based on others opinions. Or else she will be empty. I think the proper conclusion is that the girl will accept everyones opinion of her since none of them are wrong, which might be another dilemma for Touko since she doesnt want to live as herself.

I hope this play will resolve some of her issues. I know its critical for her character development.

Tumblr_naq5w3cgrf1sbltxmo1_500
joined Jun 27, 2016

ohh someone is jelly

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Mind explaining your dissatisfaction?

I think it's an accurate analysis as to why Touko behaves the way she does. We know from chapter 5 in Touko's conversation with Yuu that she is not satisfied with who she used to be. The death of her sister only heightens that since all her relatives keep telling to be like her sister. So she decides herself that being her sister is the only way she can gain any worth since her sister is supposed to be perfect and ideal after all, or that's what she believed. If one says that she's trying to be her sister in order to be loved by others, it might've been somewhat true when she first decided to do it, but as of now, it's not since we all know that Touko has come to think that being loved by others is burdensome as it comes with expectations. Not to mention, that important confrontation she had with Yuu in chap 10 is also a very important factor to consider. Yuu tells Touko that she & others will still love her even if Touko reveals her real self to them, so she should be herself. But Touko replies that she'd rather die than be told that. This means that Touko's main concern is not whether others will accept her or not. The problem very much lies with Touko herself. She's the one who can't accept who she is. She thinks that being her sister makes her special and that who she used to be is the empty person. But if anything, the juxtaposition between her and the amnesia girl tells us otherwise. She lacks a real identity and is the empty person herself this very moment.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Mind explaining your dissatisfaction?

Well I mean it was an okay analysis but it basically was telling me stuff I already knew. So it didn't make me go, "wow how interesting! that was something I never thought about!" Like it was decent but it's not like this manga is /that/ deep where it's difficult to figure out the characters and their motives.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 11:07PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Well I mean it was an okay analysis but it basically was telling me stuff I already knew. So it didn't make me go, "wow how interesting! that was something I never thought about!" Like it was decent but it's not like this manga is /that/ deep where it's difficult to figure out the characters and their motives.

Well, you were questioning Touko's reason behind why she's trying to be her sister, that's why I directed you to it. But I guess you figured it out in the process. Thought you had some disagreement with it or something, but I guess not. Ah well.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Well, you were questioning Touko's reason behind why she's trying to be her sister, that's why I directed you to it. But I guess you figured it out in the process. Thought you had some disagreement with it or something, but I guess not. Ah well.

Really it just all comes back to rereading previous chapters but I was too lazy to do it. I just couldn't remember if someone specifically put the idea in her mind or not. She just consciously decided it on her own with some influences of outside sources (probably unintentionally) trying to convince her to live for her sister.

Really I think they meant live FOR your sister not AS her but that's just my interpretation.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Really it just all comes back to rereading previous chapters but I was too lazy to do it. I just couldn't remember if someone specifically put the idea in her mind or not. She just consciously decided it on her own with some influences of outside sources (probably unintentionally) trying to convince her to live for her sister.

Really I think they meant live FOR your sister not AS her but that's just my interpretation.

I don't think they were trying to tell her to live for or as her sister. They were basically just telling her what a lot of adults tend to tell kids, "Oh, A is such a good kid, you should be more like A" kind of thing.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I don't think they were trying to tell her to live for or as her sister. They were basically just telling her what a lot of adults tend to tell kids, "Oh, A is such a good kid, you should be more like A" kind of thing.

adults suck. They don't realize the impact their words have on impressionable young children.

To reply you must either login or sign up.