Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Now they're showing up.

It's weird they showed up on my phone but not for site. So what ya think?

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 5:19AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Now they're showing up.

I haven't actually played Bloodbourne so have no idea who they are haha. I like the art style though. Definitely on my list once i eventually grab a PS4.

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 6:34AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Now they're showing up.

I haven't actually played Bloodbourne so have no idea who they are haha. I like the art style though. Definitely on my list once i eventually grab a PS4.

Dang it. Not you too. Posting these pics turned out to be a waste then :(

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Welln the replies to both of those messages sort of overly. Weird, I swear you were one of the people responding to my message in which I brought up the fact I'm dropping out.

Well, still the same best uni in the county is my goal, just a different degree. One might say a bit less money making, but I wanna fullfil my dream of becoming a professor of history. And not even a stupid pair of glasses will stop me from that.

Oh, I remember now. I had you in mind enjoying your uni, hence my mistake. Still don't know why I didn't remember you had dropped though. Oh, and don't worry, I believe you'll success pretty easily this time. You really are clever, notwithstanding your vast historical culture !

Now all we need is Rina, CCL, Alvis and Blackkitty to post more!

FTFY

Besides kitty who posted a message a few pages ago, I'm assuming you can talk with the other two pretty much whenever you want so. Still, they are welcome on the cafe and I wouldn't mind seeing this place even more lively ;)

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ Anon

This actually totally got me in the mood for a stupid rhyme again! (ʃƪˆ▿ˆ)

yeey!!! ^_^ welcome back Anon! I missed your verses! Spring has indeed arrived!

But you are not a buzzing bee.. your slightly infused with darkness rhymes resemble the chirping of a nightingale, and are a good omen of better peaceful times ahead for the thread ^^

Besides kitty who posted a message a few pages ago

...and I thought my innocent message just got buried among the gravestones of drama xD

@ Galich

hi there you clumsy little sista, you!
I see how your eloquence and lenghty posts haven't been affected by your temporary leave xd

Anyway, I also missed everyone else^^ even PKMN Ranger who tried deleting the traces of their presence^^"
Hope everyone is doing good with life :)

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 9:07AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

hi there you clumsy little sista, you!
I see how your eloquence and lenghty posts haven't been affected by your temporary leave xd

Anyway, I also missed everyone else^^ even PKMN Ranger who tried deleting the traces of their presence^^"
Hope everyone is doing good with life :)

My also clumsy Sista ^_^

Well, must have something to do with reading your messages to me :)

Glad to see you around here again! ^^

Oh, I remember now. I had you in mind enjoying your uni, hence my mistake. Still don't know why I didn't remember you had dropped though. Oh, and don't worry, I believe you'll success pretty easily this time. You really are clever, notwithstanding your vast historical culture !

Well, I suppose that the image is prettier than the harsh reality. Still, thanks! Need to spread queer propaganda to newer generations.

Now all we need is Rina, CCL, Alvis and Blackkitty to post more!

FTFY

Besides kitty who posted a message a few pages ago, I'm assuming you can talk with the other two pretty much whenever you want so. Still, they are welcome on the cafe and I wouldn't mind seeing this place even more lively ;)

Ah, there's also Alvis.. so many faces we are missing here. Let's hope we can collect them all. Also, not denying nor confirming I talk to a certain Bulgarian outside the forums looks at the above part of the host Riiight.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Now all we need is Rina, CCL and Blackkitty to post more!

Rude to be honest.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

It said my ip isn't supported, but I hit ENTER in the address bar and then it showed up. Probably hotlinking protection.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Now all we need is Rina, CCL and Blackkitty to post more!

Rude to be honest.

Now I'l have a lot of people on my ass for that comment.

Well, I can't name all of you. It's hard.

Also, I swear I saw a message from you a few pages ago. I distincively remember it not being the reason for not listening you on the list. Same goes for Oliver and others.

Well, I missed all of you!

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

It's fine, I'll let it slide for now. Totally gonna bring it up if we ever get into an argument though.

Also, stop playing Overwatch so much and start playing Dirty Bomb with me.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Gigantic is the future, y'all should try it out.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

If anything is the future, it's Quake Champions.

Gigantic's character design is pretty cool though, Might give it a try once it comes out if the gameplay is faster paced than Paragon.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

If anything is the future, it's Quake Champions.

Gigantic's character design is pretty cool though, Might give it a try once it comes out if the gameplay is faster paced than Paragon.

"Paragon". Just looks like some generic 3D / 3rd person shooter league of legends. The graphisms are neat but god it looks so boring to play.

Gigantic is still in beta, but it does have the foundation to be one of the best MOBA in the near future. For its drawbacks, however, I wrote a post here where I try to highlight them, although as you may notice if you bother reading it, there's no much to complain about for a game in beta.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

It's fine, I'll let it slide for now. Totally gonna bring it up if we ever get into an argument though.

Also, stop playing Overwatch so much and start playing Dirty Bomb with me.

Looks like I'll have to keep sticking the medibeam up your arse all day long then.

The question remains: am I playing too much Overwatch and not enough Dirty Bomb, or are you playing too much Dirty Bomb and not enough Overwatch?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Paragon is okay, it's just really slow paced unfortunately. The underlaying game mechanics are fun enough, they just need to get rid of some of the farming required and focus on teamfights more.
And I skimmed though your post, all I care about is being able to get skins for free haha. Do agree on the windows store though, they should really try to move it onto steam.

Doubt it's gonna be more than a side game for me just on account of not being in first person, but it does look pretty promising to jump into from time to time if some of my friends end up playing it too.

Looks like I'll have to keep sticking the medibeam up your arse all day long then.

The question remains: am I playing too much Overwatch and not enough Dirty Bomb, or are you playing too much Dirty Bomb and not enough Overwatch?

Clearly you don't play Dirty Bomb enough. Seriously though, give it a try, it's free2play so there's no reason not to. And it's really fast paced which seems to be your thing judging by you enjoying Tracer way too much.

I heard orisa is on live now though. Might give Overwatch another go until I switch back to Dirty Bomb again like a week after that.

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 2:29PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Clearly you don't play Dirty Bomb enough. Seriously though, give it a try, it's free2play so there's no reason not to. And it's really fast paced which seems to be your thing judging by you enjoying Tracer way too much.

People're gonna mistake me for a Gigantic promoter but I can't refrain Talking about in-game pacing, I can pretty safely state Gigantic is the fastest-paced MOBA out here. If we consider Overwatch as a 60% FPS - 40% MOBA, I'd say Gigantic is the contrary. Not as fast as a FPS, but remains really frenetic, and allows more teamfighting, outplaying as it requires more strategy, macro-game and team-game as a FPS does.

As for Paragon, what irks me is that they introduced mechanics like farming you'd find in a MOBA like LoL or Dota, when this format should rather be used to accentuate teamfights and rapidity. I'm not saying it has no potential, I think it's [currently] badly executed.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

If we consider Overwatch as a 60% FPS - 40% MOBA,

Overwatch is 100% shooter, 0% MOBA. Dirty Bomb isn't a MOBA neither.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

If we consider Overwatch as a 60% FPS - 40% MOBA,

Overwatch is 100% shooter, 0% MOBA. Dirty Bomb isn't a MOBA neither.

People I've talked with really find the game sharing some similarities with a MOBA. I know it's a FPS, but you can't compare OW and CoD for example. And from my own experience, although I'm not a big fan of OW, I perceived some MOBA influence in it.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

MOBA as a term is too general anyway and doesn't really describe DOTA 2 or similar games well enough, but it's something that just stuck. 'Multiplayer Online Battle Arena' is something that is applicable on a lot of games that are very different to LoL or Dota.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

People I've talked with really find the game sharing some similarities with a MOBA. I know it's a FPS, but you can't compare OW and CoD for example. And from my own experience, although I'm not a big fan of OW, I perceived some MOBA influence in it.

You can't compare Team Fortress to CoD neither though and I've never heard anybody say TF2 is a MOBA. There are no lanes, you don't push creeps and you don't farm for levels and/or items. The only "MOBA influence" are having abilities and MOBA's didn't invent abilities.

MOBA as a term is too general anyway and doesn't really describe DOTA 2 or similar games well enough, but it's something that just stuck. 'Multiplayer Online Battle Arena' is something that is applicable on a lot of games that are very different to LoL or Dota.

I hate the term too seeing how games like Quake for example are way more Multiplayer Online Battle Arena-ish than any actual MOBA but it's the term that stuck. When I say MOBA, I mean the genre, not what it actually should mean.

Personally I prefer ARTS. Or Dota-like. Like Roguelikes but with Dota. Or AoS-like technically, I guess.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I'm gay.

%23spartasgirl
joined Jul 14, 2016

Its funny what pops up on your YouTube suggestions. Given I really am an old fart, I love the music of my teenage years - the 1980s. If any of you is a fan of Retro New Wave, might I suggest this song:

https://youtu.be/nC8uM7LKS6s

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

It said my ip isn't supported, but I hit ENTER in the address bar and then it showed up. Probably hotlinking protection.

Well at least someone looked at them :)

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

I'm gay.

Wait you weren't before?

joined Mar 21, 2017

Its funny what pops up on your YouTube suggestions. Given I really am an old fart, I love the music of my teenage years - the 1980s. If any of you is a fan of Retro New Wave, might I suggest this song:

https://youtu.be/nC8uM7LKS6s

There has been quite a resurgence lately.

I get into a little bit of "synthwave" but since my interests lie in 70/80/90's horror film soundtracks and metal i prefer the darker side of this broad genre.

To reply you must either login or sign up.