Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Just because Sumin reacted to Seju's dad being sick means nothing since she not a sociopath. Same goes with her "comforting" Seju after she met with her fam.

I was talking about whether she was like an empty shell or not when she was with Seju. If she still knew how to care about others, why did the lawyer say like that to her?

interesting.. in Seju's POV, she never sees her that way, but a person who is scared of receiving or giving love. (ch 27 is my fav. !)
the other girls of course knew nothing about why Sumin will space out every second and be extra cautious, even the red head stated that she felt like she knew nothing about Sumin, thus, they perceived her as an empty shell.

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 11:07PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I tried reading TTP, for some reason, I felt like I was watching a movie in -4x motion mode.

joined Feb 4, 2017

the lawyer goes : is she the one ? the person that woull hold you even if you are nothing but an empty shell.
Summin: NO

To me it makes more sense that she is actually saying "NO. It's different" rather than "it's different" being a statement to the phrase " I dont' mind you being an empty shell" just because one follows another doesn't mean they are always chronological.

Nope.. they are very chronological.. levelled down and to the right of each other, very basic design of conversation in Manhwas .. " the NO was in a separate box following the question.." this manhwa does not use random pattern

the conversation goes, then you see Summin being held by Seju.. Summin admits to her self that she still "in love" with Seju. (NOTICE: she was HELD by Seju.. before we drag another two pages of who was she referring to, the only one held her in her brain was Seju.. cool )

To me Seju holding her is more a sign of Sejus possession of Sumin. See how things can look different to different readers.

context was about being (held) by someone, and Sumin feelings towards Seju not how Seju is a massive evil obsessed crazy bitch.

now in Korean and in English, there are different terms in which the level of love can be expressed: "IN LOVE" is a stronger and deeper term. (English is my third language so correct me in that if I'm wrong)

I can be "in love" with a doughnut or clothes.

context: relationships ! .. people

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 11:20PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

I tried reading TTP, for some reason, I felt like I was watching a movie in -4x motion mode.

Exactly!!! you gave the statement to how I felt

joined Mar 5, 2017

yes I meant chapter 50, I read the original Lezhin english releases, sometimes I read the German ones that are not original bcz they are one release earlier to the original english ones.

in some chapters, the fan translation is just out of context.. if that's the case in that particular chapter:
we are talking about the chapter following Summin's conversation with Nammi on the phone, when she has her inner thoughts.

cool, go to the last two pages: the red head holds Sungji's face and says ( to Summin): she is too good for the likes of you.

the lawyer goes : is she the one ? the person that woull hold you even if you are nothing but an empty shell.

the conversation goes, then you see Summin being held by Seju.. Summin admits to her self that she still "in love" with Seju. (NOTICE: she was HELD by Seju.. before we drag another two pages of who was she referring to, the only one held her in her brain was Seju.. cool )

Wow i really went back to this chapter and purchased some coins. Turns out, some of the the context are different and i can have a better understanding. Might as well start reading only from lezhin. Sumin admitted to herself that Sungji is not the one who will hold her if she's just an empty shell. Right from the start of the chapter, Sumin said: There's no way to forget something that's visible (referring to her tattoo). Well, so true. But then again, we re already on chapter 75 so i don't know if these things matter anymore, so i wait :)

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 11:25PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

^
believe me, some chapters make absolutely no sense unless u read the original translation.

in ch44, remember the scene where Seju's father prepares the will with the mole guy, he says: if things do not turn the way planned, then I wont be able to face Chahee even after death )
now, if you read the online translation, it is just sense less !

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 11:41PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

To me it makes more sense that she is actually saying "NO. It's different" rather than "it's different" being a statement to the phrase " I dont' mind you being an empty shell" just because one follows another doesn't mean they are always chronological.

Nope.. they are very chronological.. levelled down and to the right of each other, very basic design of conversation in Manhwas

No the chronology only means one was said after the other not that one is in response to another. The conversation at the end of ch 55 is similar.

then again, was held by seju .. see, it makes a great sense that she answers the question .. and the NO had a full stop mark after it ..

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 11:30PM

joined Mar 5, 2017

Nope.. they are very chronological.. levelled down and to the right of each other, very basic design of conversation in Manhwas

No the chronology only means one was said after the other not that one is in response to another. The conversation at the end of ch 55 is similar.

then again, was held by seju .. see, it makes a great sense that she answers the question .. and the NO had a full stop mark after it ..

And is also in capitals which meant it was mentally shouted. The full stop signifies abruptness. Take a breath and finish then finish the sentence. Even though it was all in her head she still had to take a break after saying "NO."

All the text are in capitals :) well we see things differently and we interpret things differently so i won't argue about it.

joined Mar 5, 2017

And is also in capitals which meant it was mentally shouted. The full stop signifies abruptness. Take a breath and finish then finish the sentence. Even though it was all in her head she still had to take a break after saying "NO."

All the text are in capitals :) well we see things differently and we interpret things differently so i won't argue about it.

joined Feb 4, 2017

there is another matter I wanted to emphasis since u got the original, now.. look at last girl Sumin broke up with, she was upset that Sumin was thinking about something else when they are together (Seju ) but then after she broke up and ran to Seju, Summin was the one who named her relationship to Seju to be only sexual by saying: (she was so bad in bed compared to you) when she knew it was more.

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 11:46PM

joined Mar 5, 2017

there is another matter I wanted to emphasis since u got the original, now.. look at last girl Sumin broke up with, she was upset that Sumin was thinking about something else when they are together (Seju ) but then after she broke up and ran to Seju, Summin was the one who named her relationship to Seju to be only sexual by saying: (she was so bad in bed compared to you) when she knew it was more.

She was worried sick about Seju visiting the family house.
Well she finally said to Seju and herself that she didn't want to admit the fact that she is still in love with her. That time when she said they can't start over.

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 11:56PM

joined Mar 5, 2017

Haha i never noticed all this time that everything in the series is in capital letters.

Haha :)

joined Mar 5, 2017

As for me, in her thoughts she asks herself and answer them. It's my own interpretation. We process things differently.

joined Feb 4, 2017

To me she is saying "No." "It's different" as in not the same as before. With everyone else apart from Seju she was an "empty shell" but this time it is different. Context involves more than just the panel we are reading.

That's how i interpreted it.

again, in the end of Sungji statement she says (things aren't going to end the way you wanted it to. Now...) notice the three dots (crucial )

then it goes: it's different.

(three dots not a full stop)

we can of course have different opinions.. but I like to understand the story the writers are trying to deliver not project my own ideas and then complain why they are not consistent with the story.

joined Mar 5, 2017

To me she is saying "No." "It's different" as in not the same as before. With everyone else apart from Seju she was an "empty shell" but this time it is different. Context involves more than just the panel we are reading.

That's how i interpreted it

last edited at Mar 17, 2017 12:35AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

Let's wait for the next chapter to unfold so that we can discuss new topics lol. Meantime, (for those who keep track) new chapter of Citrus is out. as for me, i'm going to enjoy reading it before i get to see new ch of wdtfs as i'm sure it will get me angry, sad, hurt, happy? Lol

Check out "It would be great if you did not exist"

The Third Party
The Love Doctor
You probably know Pulse? ;)

I am not actually into yuri. I like citrus since they are so cute and i came across wdtfs and i liked it too since it deals with adults and somewhat real. Anybody can relate. Thanks though.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Its only confusing to me if i look at it the way Nora89 does. My way to me doesnt confuse me

Not my intention to confuse you.

joined Mar 5, 2017

Its only confusing to me if i look at it the way Nora89 does. My way to me doesnt confuse me

Not my intention to confuse you.

We can't all agree since it's different from other Mangas. There is no monologue here so we can just understand and interpret it the way we want. It's actually frustrating. I just want to understand it the author's way.

last edited at Mar 17, 2017 12:55AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

Hahaha i noticed. I'm just looking forward to how the author will execute the final break up between Sumin and Seju. I hope he makes it beautiful.

last edited at Mar 17, 2017 1:05AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Oh god, those characters look scary.

Seems like maybe a different artist drew characters that look very much like Sumin and Sungji. And Gaji said this is plagiarizing wdtfs characters.
I'm totally assuming this though.

This also has happened with Citrus. A different manga that was called Orange Cream I think, and the 'artists' of it had been tracing Citrus panels.

last edited at Mar 17, 2017 9:31AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

So in the most recent team Gaji's podcast, they confirmed manhwa ends in June.
Also what will happen until the end is

how Sumin and Seju first fell in love

Sumin and Sungji love story. I guess the end game of how they'll finally happen.

Seju won't die

Dawoon x Sumin's ex gf Lawyer is also canon endgame.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Dawoon x Sumin's ex gf Lawyer is also canon endgame.

Why not Dawoon x Nami? I guess I know, it's because Dawoon and Nami are the same magnetic poles. lol

joined Dec 9, 2014

Maybe because they keep Nami for Seju

This pairing seems completely irrelevant. Third arc was the weakest, since it seems like they are struggling to fill the rest of the remaining chapters.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Dawoon x Sumin's ex gf Lawyer is also canon endgame

Seriously, I didn't see this one coming. Never even thought of it lol.

Third arc was the weakest, since it seems like they are struggling to fill the rest of the remaining chapters

I agree. It has been quite evident that they have been struggling a lot with the story.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Really, Dawoon x Lawyer is a little too unnecessary, why don't they just introduce a new pet for Pporong instead? lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.