Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

12832548_732179150258573_3468752615206849752_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

I suppose this is the website where people did not like how the story is developing, but I can understand, specially when here the Seju´s fans are more than the other characters...when Seju is not in one chapter this one received bad opinions as the last one.

The sex scene is normal in any couple even when they had problems, (one example is Seju and Sumin in the past). The big diferrent in this chapter is that Sumin and Sungji tried to be connected, Sumin cared about Sungji and Sungji wanted to be more active.

joined Jan 11, 2017

I suppose this is the website where people did not like how the story is developing, but I can understand, specially when here the Seju´s fans are more than the other characters...when Seju is not in one chapter this one received bad opinions as the last one.

The sex scene is normal in any couple even when they had problems, (one example is Seju and Sumin in the past). The big diferrent in this chapter is that Sumin and Sungji tried to be connected, Sumin cared about Sungji and Sungji wanted to be more active.

This isn't about Seju's fans or not.

The discussion is much more centered in whether people bought or not this chapter. People did not buy the whole sex fixes everything. That's the part that's normal. And Seju just so happens to be a well developed character that has shown her feelings towards the boring Sumin go beyond sexual gratification. And I'm not even a Seju fan, I've been team blonde secretly and I'm as disappointed as others. I expected a meaningful conversation or maybe romantic make up but I get a hentai chapter.

There's no connection of any kind in this chapter. Let's be realistic; could you point me to the part in the chapter in which you felt there was a conversation or sentences that had a deep meaning?

Even Maka Maka had more depth than this chapter. And that's saying something.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

This is not about Seju.
Try to be in Sungji's place for a bit. She got cheated and broke up with Sumin. Then her ex shows up in her house after a long time and after cheating on her and lying about a lot of stuff, and what is the normal thing to do in this situation?
Be completely fine with it,ask no questions and act like a horny teen that only wants that person for the sex. On top of that, Gaji tried to develop their "feelings" simply by making their sex scene even more like smut.

I disagree that sex is a way to know if a couple is compatible. Someone may like it with a partner, but on a personal, emotional and ethical level they could be a bad match. Besides, Sumin and Sungji have done it before, so it's not like they just get to know each other.

I think people have being put off by this particular chapter (at least me ) because of the situation that happened between them before that. Not because of the level of lewdness in it. It's like Sungji doesn't have much self respect and only cares about being with Sumin. Also it is still not explained why she loves Sumin so much.

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 8:10AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Yeah, I could clearly see their relationship changing. But I don't think it will lead to anything good. I really do hope the story will move on, and change it's focus on something else since it seems to me that Team Gaji can't make Sumin x Sungji's love become stronger or deeper than it always is anyway. Also, we don't have that many chapters left for this endgame couple to really build such real trusts, and the thing is that it doesn't seem like they have ever needed one in the first place. And, I hope the author remember that this manhwa is not only about them; there are still some stories left to tell as well.

I don't think you need to be Seju's fan to dislike where the story has been heading. If you prefer interesting drama/plots, you would want to see the story develops around Seju more because Sumin x Sungji hasn't seemed to be able to bring anything interesting to the story other than just their sex scenes, I would say. And how is the way they made up considered as common though? Sungji caught Sumin sleeping with Seju. Wasn't she supposed to find it hard to go back to have physical intimacy with Sumin? And it's not the whole sex scene per se that I dislike about, but how they went all the way to do it without having any proper communication first, or any other better excuse to help convince that they weren't doing it just because it's been a while is. And it's Sungji's logic that seems so weird and inconsistent to me. Yeah, them acting way too much like horny teens is a thing. I don't follow discussions elsewhere, so I'm not sure about what people at other places have been talking about this chapter, but weren't most of them were like "This is the best chapter ever in the history of wdtfs.", "Sumin's just sooo sweet, and Sungji's sooo cool", "I have to change my bed sheet because of this chapter.", etc, etc. They didn't seem to talk much about how they like about where the story was heading though.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I'm hoping that Sungji will use Sumin as her sex buddy for 10 years, and then move on with a new girl.

This will be the most satisfying "end" for me xD

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

this is the problem when the author gave a side character, a solid backstory and more interesting subplot than the main characters. the sex scenes is just full-blown fanservice. it's not even romantic LOL this chapter is like something you will find in a lemon fanfiction.

I just feel like they have changed the writer or something. It's surprised me to see a decent writer who was capable of creating such an interesting supporting character failed to develop the main protagonists. Sumin and Sungji fought and made up just like kids. The sex scene was way too unromantic to the point in which I found it hard to watch, like both side were trying a little way too hard to throw themselves at each other. Seju and Sumin's sex scene in the last chapter of the second arc seemed to be more meaningful than this one.

Sumin x Sungji's relationship/love for each other centers around sexual gratification xD this is the reason why I was rooting for Seju. her love for Sumin has emotional attachment not just all about lust. which is a very good reason why Seju x Sumin is more deeper than what Sumin x Sungji might ever be.

I actually didn't like Seju at first. but she's the type of character that just grows on you. especially, after her backstory and history with Sumin was being revealed. Sungji is just a badly written character. she doesn't have any complex nor interesting backstory. other than being Sumin's lover, she doesn't have any stories to tell. she can't stand alone as the protagonist. she has to rely to Sumin or Seju to have any relevance in WDTFS.

I'm really trying/forcing myself to like Sungji from the start. I don't hate her tbh but I don't really know what to like about her. :/

She's an angel, a goddess..such a cutie blonde trying to find about love..But that's just a cliche protagonist that you can find in every romance story..I hope there's more to her since the story is not finished yet..I second that her relevance to the story has not that big impact up to now imo..

Youtubewatermarksmall
joined Mar 24, 2015

Wow. I think this last chapter was kinda sad. I know it was just sex, but it really seems like the cyclical nature of this story has really defined itself now. It was striking to read every instance of Sumin saying "I love you" only to have Seungji stay silent. There isn't much about this chapter that would suggest that the two have healed their relationship in any way.
I'm also really sympathetic to Seju. She seems like she's had a fairly traumatic upbringing. That kind of rejection and ridicule normally damages a person a lot, and Seju must be really strong (is that the word?) to mask that.
TBH I'm rooting for Sumin and Seungji, but I wouldn't be dissapointed with Sumin and Seju. Just PLEASE don't let it be Seju and Seungji. I'd just rage quit.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I don't follow discussions elsewhere, so I'm not sure about what people at other places have been talking about this chapter, but weren't most of them were like "This is the best chapter ever in the history of wdtfs.", "Sumin's just sooo sweet, and Sungji's sooo cool", "I have to change my bed sheet because of this chapter.", etc, etc. They didn't seem to talk much about how they like about where the story was heading though.

From what I got from other places, a good amount of people don't really care at all about the plot or its quality, just about Sumin x Sungji, it's why there's still some people acting like Seju is some kind of monster, seriously, I think WDTFS should maybe never have got that extension, little by little the story lost quality, and it's still losing it somehow, I'm actually even starting to wonder if we won't get a rushed ending and barely see what happens to everyone else, I hope they at least don't fuck up with Seju, dying I think she won't anymore at least as it looks like her father will die and leave everything for her, and there's that new team manager who will probably be her love interest, besides that I honestly have no idea of what to expect anymore, I hope that Seju at least get a happy ending.

Really, this started supposedly as a healing story but turned into a pretty cliche k-drama, Sumin is a jerk everyone loves for reasons, Sungji although not bad is kind of bland and too perfect, she's not much besides Sumin love interest, and Seju at this point turned into a plot device for drama between Sumin and Sungji, it's a shame since it started with a lot of potential, funny how Seju, who we least see from the main trio is the one with more depth, unfortunately Team Gaji wasted her and we'll probably never really know the details of her story, because who need story if we can see Sumin and Sungji having sex again? Especially after Sumin cheated on Sungji, right? Cheating that according to some is Seju fault, because reasons, as if Sumin is not an adult who can make her own choices, I guess Seju used the Jedi mind trick on Sumin. Lol

The only way I can think they can fuck up the story more now, is if there's a plot twist and the new team manager is actually a man and Seju fall in love with him, for reasons.

And in case some of you didn't notice, I made a Discord group for us https://discord.gg/jzBbrD7 , some already joined,

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 4:54PM

joined Aug 29, 2015

I can't speak for many Seju fans or readers. but Seju is the only one who really brings character or story development in WDTFS. so, I want her to make an appearance not just because I want to see her xD but because she's the only who has a compelling story to tell.

and up to this point. we still don't even know why Sungji falls so hard for Sumin LOL but just like I said, the readers like NSFW chapters that they don't care anymore, if the author is telling a coherent story or not. too many plotholes and questionable actions of the characters. I don't expect the flow of the story to change anytime soon. so, expect that the "sex healing" will be a continuing trend in WDTFS.

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 8:08PM

joined Jun 14, 2013

Spoilers

To me this is ruined because of the cheating. Of course I want blonde and brunette the main characters to be end game but the cheating makes it too hard. And people want freaking brunette and pink hair to be end game when freaking brunette saw pink hair cheating on her. Fuck cheating. I'm sure there's other plot devices that could of been used but oh well they used exactly what I predicted before paying for all the chapters I did. Fuck. It's my fault I know. But with art like that you want to believe just maybe they won't go for that seriously depressing as shit. Why did i have to be right? Why??? So predictable. I don't know about this manga anymore. I can't feel anything for it but the art. I only like blonde I guess but I have absolutely no expectations for this story anymore. Whatever my problem. I guess I like wasting money on shit that makes me want to kill myself.

Youtubewatermarksmall
joined Mar 24, 2015

Amanda9708:

To me this is ruined because of the cheating. Of course I want blonde and brunette the main characters to be end game but the cheating makes it too hard. And people want freaking brunette and pink hair to be end game when freaking brunette saw pink hair cheating on her. Fuck cheating. I'm sure there's other plot devices that could of been used but oh well they used exactly what I predicted before paying for all the chapters I did.

I think the cheating going on is much too complicated and important to this story to dismiss. I also don't think either instance of cheating degraded the story. It raises interesting questions seeing Seju cheat on Sumin even though there was commitment there. Same goes for seeing Sumin cheat on Seungji. What does it take to make people who are already in loving relationships cheat? What kind of values must one hold to take someone who cheated back? Do any of the characters presented have the capacity to love without somehow hurting someone else?

If you choose to view it like that the story gets pretty philosophical.

Icon
joined Jan 6, 2017

I think people who like WDTS just for Sumin and Sungj or for "the sex scenes" just want entertainment but I think there´s more in the story to just focus on those things.

I think the cheating going on is much too complicated and important to this story to dismiss. I also don't think either instance of cheating degraded the story. It raises interesting questions seeing Seju cheat on Sumin even though there was commitment there. Same goes for seeing Sumin cheat on Seungji. What does it take to make people who are already in loving relationships cheat? What kind of values must one hold to take someone who cheated back? Do any of the characters presented have the capacity to love without somehow hurting someone else?

If you choose to view it like that the story gets pretty philosophical.

This is exactly how I see this story. And I thinks that´s the reason why people don´t like it. Because it´s not about the over-romanticized love stories we often see in media. I think this story is more like watching an alternative film rather than a comerccial one.

I´m not reading this story for a "happy-healthy-relationship" just like other fluffy stories (which I enjoy and appreciate ), I read it because it explore other perspectives of what a relationship can be. WDTFS shows things that other yuri products don´t. Things like "Women can cheat, be selfish, lusty, lewd, make mistakes, etc..." And I think that´s the importance of it.

I know, it has it´s flaws and mistakes like Dawoon arc and the sudden change of attitude of Sungji and definitely it´s not going to be the "yuri of the year" but it has it´s own good things.

That´s because I don´t get why people try to judge it as if it was "supossed to be fluffy" or something.

But well, let´s wait for the next charapter to see what happen. :D

last edited at Jan 13, 2017 3:40PM

joined Jun 14, 2013

Just tells me that people are selfish and desperate. It only hurts. I don't like that pain.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I think there are way worse cases for showing the bad of this world besides cheating.
Of course cheating is really bad, but I personally don't find it triggering.

Even in Sumin and Sungji case of cheating, it could happen in a way worse way than that. For example, Sungji never finding out, keep her relationship happy with Sumin. Then Seju blackmailing Sumin about telling it to Sungji, so Sumin kept going back to sleep with Seju so she wouldn't tell anyone.
Or idk, someone from the three girls familly being really homophobic.

I think wdtfs readers follow this manhwa because they know it hurts. Pretty sure there are yurifans that completely avoid these type of stories and go for the usual only happy ideal ones. Which is not good imo.

joined Aug 29, 2015

a lot of readers who finds the latest chapters unsatisfying is because of the inconsistency and flow of the story. how can this be a healing yuri manhwa when everything is just resolved with sex? I don't want Seju to make an appearance just because I like her a lot as a character but because she's like the root on why this is happening to Sumin, which eventually led Sumin to fall in love with Sungji.

Seju and Sumin hasn't resolved anything. they haven't let their emotions and feelings out yet. both of them, should have admit every single mistakes and bad things they have done to each other and ask forgiveness for it. so, both of them can move on with their life and best case scenario, they remain bestfriends or just friends after everything.

Seju, Sumin and Sungji are connected to each other. that's why I find it ridiculous that the author tries to severe the main couple's ties with Seju. they emphasized that Sumin cannot move on with another girl because of Seju. but then Sungji comes out of nowhere and then Sumin falls in love with Sungji and just forget about Seju all of a sudden. what the F dude? it's not like Sungji is the only girl, Sumin had hooked up with in the past. what makes Sungji so special among those probably gazillion girls that Sumin had dated before? this is the reason why I find Sungji as a badly written character.

the latest chapter is maybe a homage to number "69" xD but seriously, if I was Sungji. I would probably ask Sumin to reveal her past with Seju before anything else. because, isn't what Sumin needs, Is someone who will listen to her and share her pain with. not a "sex buddy" who she had countless times in the past. someone who she can be emotionally connected/attached just like what she had with Seju. but nope, Sungji just keeps throwing herself to Sumin even on the first arc.

last edited at Jan 13, 2017 9:51PM

Youtubewatermarksmall
joined Mar 24, 2015

kami-sama:

a lot of readers who finds the latest chapters unsatisfying is because of the inconsistency and flow of the story. how can this be a healing yuri manhwa when everything is just resolved with sex?

I agree that the pacing and plot leave something to be desired. As others have said, the introduction of Seungji's childhood friend was clumsy. Also, is this classified as a "healing" story?? That seems a bit off the mark. Even though this manhwa can't really be called "healing" I don't think it's completely fair to say that sex can't heal and resolve relationships. It's just not a popular thing to depict in media since it makes it hard to draw out the drama.

Seju and Sumin hasn't resolved anything. they haven't let their emotions and feelings out yet. both of them, should have admit every single mistakes and bad things they have done to each other and ask forgiveness for it. so, both of them can move on with their life...

Would you really like to see that? I think a scene like that would be seriously out of place. I also think that it wouldn't be as fulfilling as something a little more gritty. A clean end to this current problem would be a little dissapointing.

but then Sungji comes out of nowhere and then Sumin falls in love with Sungji and just forget about Seju all of a sudden. what the F dude? ... what makes Sungji so special among those probably gazillion girls that Sumin had dated before?

(Didn't Seju say 31?) I too ask the question, "Why Seungji?" It's strange that there doesn't seem to be any special reason why Sumin would love her. It's also strange that we are never really given a reason why Seungji would love Sumin.
However, Sumin definetly didn't forget about Seju. That's the problem.

joined Jun 14, 2013

I think there are way worse cases for showing the bad of this world besides cheating.
Of course cheating is really bad, but I personally don't find it triggering.

Even in Sumin and Sungji case of cheating, it could happen in a way worse way than that. For example, Sungji never finding out, keep her relationship happy with Sumin. Then Seju blackmailing Sumin about telling it to Sungji, so Sumin kept going back to sleep with Seju so she wouldn't tell anyone.
Or idk, someone from the three girls familly being really homophobic.

I think wdtfs readers follow this manhwa because they know it hurts. Pretty sure there are yurifans that completely avoid these type of stories and go for the usual only happy ideal ones. Which is not good imo.

I pretty much read every yuri update eventually. Whether I like it or not with tags like cheating, love triangle, depressing asf, etc unless it gets too bad then I give them a break and maybe go back way later. With this one I'm already too invested to just back out and the art is fucking amazing. It still hurts and I don't like it. Whatevs.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

they emphasized that Sumin cannot move on with another girl because of Seju. but then Sungji comes out of nowhere and then Sumin falls in love with Sungji and just forget about Seju all of a sudden. what the F dude? it's not like Sungji is the only girl, Sumin had hooked up with in the past. what makes Sungji so special among those probably gazillion girls that Sumin had dated before?

Maybe all it needs for Sumin to move on is just her getting to meet a sex buddy whose beauty is close enough to Seju. Other than this funny reason, I really can't see why Sungji is the one. What the hell was wrong with all of her 30 exes? lol

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Even though this manhwa can't really be called "healing" I don't think it's completely fair to say that sex can't heal and resolve relationships.

Sex can't heal and resolve the relationship between Sumin and Seju, but it can when it comes to Sumin and Sungji.

joined Oct 9, 2016

I don't agree with the whole "they had sex and that's normal". Seju and Sumin had been sex buddies for 10 years without talking after the cheating and now Sumin and Sungji are exactly like that so why are people saying it's totally ok for Sumin and Sungji becuz they love each other somuch and that's the way they express their love while with Seju, it's sick and unhealthy? So what is so different between Seju and Sungji now that makes Sungji the chosen one over Seju except she's still the victim and the only one out of three not cheating and tbh, that's the only thing that makes people not hate her and Seju gets all the hate. A protagonist has nothing special to talk about except not cheating her love interest is effing boring. To make it worse, a protagonist who can not be strong enough on her own, just a few days away from her love interest, she already lost it and ran back to her lover despite the cheating and have sex without any problems because she's horny.
Unless the author creates more scenes that makes Seju's character become worse and shine the main couple's love through Seju's evil but miserable actions, I don't see how they are the satisfying ending couple, simply to me, just like many others has said this about Seju's love to Sumin, their love are sick and not so very special

last edited at Jan 15, 2017 5:50AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sumin did that kind of thing to Seju too. However, back then Team Gaji made it look nothing like Sumin was going back because she was horny.

joined Aug 29, 2015

Sumin and Seju's "unhealthy" relationship started because Sumin initiated it. who the hell came back for sex to Seju anyway? isn't it Sumin? if Sumin stayed away from Seju. then their complicated relationship would've ended a long time ago. so, I don't think, it was Seju's fault for their unhealthy relationship. Seju is actually trying hard to be there for Sumin but Sumin is the one rejecting her.

I actually don't dislike Sungji that much. I just don't really like the way she was written on WDTFS. the author tried so hard to elaborate that Sumin had a horrible dating life but then didn't even give one damn reason why Sungji is the right one. the only build up the author successfully had done right was the sexual tension between them. what the author really needs to do now is establish Sumin and Sungji's emotional connection. fanservice chapter is alright but at least add more substance into it

I think the author did intentionally make Seju more likeable and relatable. so, it will divide the fans on who they want more for Sumin. because imo they really want this to be a love triangle story but somewhere along the way. they killed that angle and focus more on Sumin and Sungji. I was kinda hoping that there will be a lot of interaction between the three main character but we rarely see those moments. I think, it could have help the story more. oh well, this manhwa made me appreciate the slow burn progress of fluttering feelings. geez, FF fans would kill for a kissing scene between Seol-a and No-rae.

last edited at Jan 16, 2017 4:36AM

joined Aug 29, 2015

Seju and Sumin hasn't resolved anything. they haven't let their emotions and feelings out yet. both of them, should have admit every single mistakes and bad things they have done to each other and ask forgiveness for it. so, both of them can move on with their life...

Would you really like to see that? I think a scene like that would be seriously out of place. I also think that it wouldn't be as fulfilling as something a little more gritty. A clean end to this current problem would be a little dissapointing.

I don't think you can say WDTFS is a healing story, without Sumin and Seju smoothing things between the two of them. cause, they have more conflicted issues to resolve. the root of the story started with Seju x Sumin. so, whether we like it or not. It will end with it also. besides, if the author won't involve Seju to Sumin's life again. then WDTFS might as well end now LOL

The author can do a lot of spin and twist around Seju's story. Unlike Sungji x Sumin. thanks to Sungji's seemingly normal and boring life xD. The author can only do so much and has limited ideas on what to do with the main couple

but then Sungji comes out of nowhere and then Sumin falls in love with Sungji and just forget about Seju all of a sudden. what the F dude? ... what makes Sungji so special among those probably gazillion girls that Sumin had dated before?

(Didn't Seju say 31?) I too ask the question, "Why Seungji?" It's strange that there doesn't seem to be any special reason why Sumin would love her. It's also strange that we are never really given a reason why Seungji would love Sumin.
However, Sumin definetly didn't forget about Seju. That's the problem.

Sumin did forget about Seju. especially, at this point. when it's being implied heavily that Sumin can move on from Seju without having a proper closure between the two of them.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

The author can do a lot of spin and twist around Seju's story. Unlike Sungji x Sumin. thanks to Sungji's seemingly normal and boring life xD. The author can only do so much and has limited ideas on what to do with the main couple

Nice slap. Couldn't agree more. xD

12832548_732179150258573_3468752615206849752_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

The Seju`s life is not more interesting, is more problematic: for that reason there are a lot of spin and twist with her story and I have to be honest, maybe that is the reason because a lot of people (including me) love her, she is a character that show us the humanity, we are not perfect and we have a lot of problems in our life, for that, this character is one of the most complexes that team gaji created, but,not for this thing Sungji and Sumin are not a good couple.. I think team Gaji wanted to show us a character as Sungji because people as Sumin (with a lot of wounds of the past) need a person filmy and healthy, maybe Sumin does not have the fortress to support to Seju (sad but true, we can see that Sumin is a unestable person)

Seju and Sumin need a strong person in their lifes, without problems, in this case is Sungji that character to Sumin.. I do not if we would see one for Seju but it is ovbious that she deserves another opportunity to start again her love life.

To reply you must either login or sign up.