Forum › New Yuri Manga Licenses?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

So just hear me out
A week ago maybe, I was going through through the mangaupdates page and was checking out the Kindred Spirits spin off by Itou Hachi and I saw that they listed it as licensed by Seven Seas.
I was super in disbelief ofc, I rushed over to their tumblr page and yeah, they didn't mention or announce anything. I just assumed that it was a mistake or something and brushed it off, kinda disappointed.

An hour ago I was checking manga on Indigo and eventually just clicked on Morinaga Milk's name to check the price and online discounts and I saw Secret Of The Princess available for pre-order?? Licensed by Seven Seas.
I checked the tumblr page again and nothing. Checked the mangaupdates page for it and yeah it's said to be licensed.

But like, would it be the same for Kindred Spirits tho? So I went to check and dammnnnn

tl;dr:

So I'm pretty hyped about this little discovery of mine and wanted to share. I'm majorly hyped about Kindred Spirits being licensed but the Morinaga one is pretty okay too. There aren't any official announcements about these titles, but this doesn't seem like it's a big ass mistake, and I hope it isn't either.

It's also on amazon

last edited at May 31, 2016 5:02PM

9f884eb4-9edd-4d0a-a5a6-a97e2125366d
joined May 7, 2014

THE HYPE IS REAL THE HYPE IS REAL. Looking forward to these being available for stores in the U.S., like Barnes & Noble, as well! Although, it's incredibly exciting to see that the sequel manga for Kindred Spirits is being translated AND licensed. I'm losing my shit at how much KS stuff is going on, tbh.

last edited at May 21, 2016 9:16PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

That's great! I really like Secret of the Princess and the Kindred Spirits sequel.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Announcement for Secret of the Princess:
https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/737694049465991168

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Well I came to see the if dynasty was talking about the license, now I know what the other series they're announcing will probably be! Can't wait!

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Kase-san!
http://www.gomanga.com/articles/extraextra/seven-seas-stops-to-smell-the-flowers-with-kase-san-and-yuri-manga-license/879

OhgodyesthisisthebestthingeverIcakrbsnsuurjdmrbsiskksheidhffjsgakwijsks

joined Sep 21, 2014

Announcement for Secret of the Princess:
https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/737694049465991168

I hi5'd myself and I'm screaming for Kase-san

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

OH GOD my fangirling is over 9000 kase san!!!!

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

So next year, we have:

Bloom Into You
Morning Glory and Kase-san
Secret of the Princess
KSotR: Another Yuritopia (still waiting for this announcement)

2017 couldn't come fast enough.

joined Sep 21, 2014

So next year, we have:

Bloom Into You
Morning Glory and Kase-san
Secret of the Princess
KSotR: Another Yuritopia (still waiting for this announcement)

2017 couldn't come fast enough.

same ; u ; I don't think we've ever had this many titles to look forward to

Idk if ppl care, but we've also got Netsuzou Trap and Kobayashi's Dragon Maid around autumn this year
I'm not sure how popular it is (cus half of more here on Dynasty loathe it) but I was kinda worried about ntr trap tbh, cus if it doen't sell well they might cringe or refrain/slow down their yuri licensing, but Bloom into You and Kase-san are definitely great titles with a good fanbase, like, ppl actually want that shit
If ntr's sells are awks, I hope they realise it's really just that title itself, that ppl find kinda awks

Also it seems that the prices displayed at my bookstore for Secret of the Princess are wrong (thank god), that it'll be 14,99 and not 17 (what a random ass, expensive price).

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 1:33PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

BRUUUUUUHHH
Seven Seas Has No Romantic Regrets With KINDRED SPIRITS ON THE ROOF Yuri Manga License

I'm so hyped, first Itou Hachi english license :')

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 5:28PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

BRUUUUUUHHH
Seven Seas Has No Romantic Regrets With KINDRED SPIRITS ON THE ROOF Yuri Manga License

I'm so hyped, first Itou Hachi english license :')

In 2017, we're on our way to yuritopia!

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Both volumes, in fact! So Aya Fumio art too :)

C2
joined Apr 3, 2016

Well I guess my wallet didn't need all that money anyhow.

joined Sep 21, 2014
ZuljinRaynor
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

This is awesome. All of this is awesome.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Seven seas still has one announcement but they mentioned something about it being demonic and that doesn't sound like any yuri series I can think of off the top of my head, so might be something else.

I still remember a few years back when seven seas just had a few yuri series but I was so excited they were getting noticed and wishing for more, I'm glad they've had a sudden burst in popularity, I wonder if it's because of how popular Citrus has been? Awesome nonetheless!!

joined Sep 21, 2014

They said they were announcing three licenses today, "a triad of some of their most popular genres", which iirc are like, monster girls, horror and yuri
I was at least hoping that one of them be yuri and yesss
It's cool that they recognise that yuri is in fact a genre that does well for them, and has responded to that demand with even more yuri licenses ♡

last edited at Jun 2, 2016 5:58PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I will poke seven seas and ask about finally doing volume 3 of The Last Uniform. Also, I hope someone in Japan is revisiting animating Girlfriends. With our luck, of course, they'd do what they did with Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto - animate it just long enough to get to the angst, then bye-bye.

The stuff in English I usually buy and give as presents, I keep the stuff I buy in Japanese. There is a lot of well-written yuri manga out there, that's what drew me to the genre at first.

last edited at Jul 1, 2016 8:11PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.