Forum › WDTFS fans - off topic

elthundercat
41e23cccf0ca615cf297fc03235ceb48
joined Jan 4, 2016

She has some Irish so that explains the red hair. Is it true what they say about the red heads?XD

Lol which redhead stereotype are you referring to?

/looks down/ the hair color matching XD i dunno any other stereotypes about red heads, im sure theres many since no one seems to be safe from them. I haven't yet managed to flirt my way into a red heads heart.=( I rarely run into any out here though.

Im pretty ethnically ambiguous myself so i get confused and asked where Im from on a regular basis throw in the fact that I have a accent and "interesting" name and people just cant seem to stop with the crazy questions.
The reason I asked actually was because of her name, I wonder if Im saying it properly. tehhe

Her name? Kanojo is not kanojo's name lol. Kanojo means girlfriend in Japanese (well, it doesn't directly translate as girlfriend, but it's used to refer to person's girlfriend), so I just jokingly started referring to her that way here and it stuck.

jajahaha I would have kept thinking that was her name.

there was some sort of scandal down the street and the freaking swat team is outside running around. The drama of this City, I bet it was nothing and all this fuzz for nothing. Dc politics. smh

Oh wow :| I haven't been to DC in awhile but every time I do, the traffic is terribly memorable, in a very bad way lol. I can only imagine there's a lot of president-induced traffic, since any time Obama's in a city, it's horrid traffic wherever his entourage of black cars and motorcycles goes.

Idk I ride a bike so i never deal with any of that. I dont notice cars really until one is doing something stupid on the bike lane. Idk why anyone owns one in this city everything is very metro accessible.

Elthundercat
No raining anymore, lol?

NOPE!!!! XD It is glorious outside.

She has some Irish so that explains the red hair. Is it true what they say about the red heads?XD

Yes. Everything they say about red heads is true.

All of it.

OH yea, are you a red head Neschan?

last edited at May 16, 2016 5:54PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

/looks down/ the hair color matching XD i dunno any other stereotypes about red heads, im sure theres many since no one seems to be safe from them. I haven't yet managed to flirt my way into a red heads heart.=( I rarely run into any out here though.

Lol don't lead with that question if you ever meet a nice one :P She will surely turn the other direction and ignore your ass for the rest of eternity. But yes, if you're really wondering. Easiest to just look at someone's eyebrows, not the hair on their head, that matches everywhere else.

Well now you know xD lol @ "jajahaha" half hispanic laughter.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Congratz for yr engagement... Finally, u made yr decision..
Geez.. Whats wrong with u? xD U cant differentiate Lin from Su? U should eat banana lol... Now, u got refried lolz...

Thanks, and I don't know, I'm just incompetent...

elthundercat
joined Jan 4, 2016

Lol don't lead with that question if you ever meet a nice one :P She will surely turn the other direction and ignore your ass for the rest of eternity. But yes, if you're really wondering. Easiest to just look at someone's eyebrows, not the hair on their head, that matches everywhere else.

rest of eternity huh -___- noted.

Well now you know xD lol @ "jajahaha" half hispanic laughter.

omg I have such a hard time translating my sounds. I always end up writing them in Spanish and people are like huh? lol
my iphone Auto correct is on that spanglish tip now too.

last edited at May 16, 2016 6:13PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

rainy365

Ahaha.. You post yr work.. I m not done yet reading as my eyes didnt cooperate with me last night. But, i can tell that i like yr writing style, dude..

Why, thank you very much.

elthundercat

Yes. Everything they say about red heads is true.

All of it.

OH yea, are you a red head Neschan?

Not as red I used to be, I've drifted more into the auburn as I got older. But when I was a kid I was a classic ginger. Red hair, freckles, sunburn, pale skin, the whole bit.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Yes, the rest of eternity. Kanojo would for sure give you her "this is the last time I'll ever acknowledge your existence" face. Rest in peace, all those that have experienced it. Big surprise, most redheads don't like it when their hair color is perpetually used a conversation starter about various stereotypes.

omg I have such a hard time translating my sounds. I always end up writing them in Spanish and people are like huh? lol

iPhones have Spanglish? What? lol

elthundercat
joined Jan 4, 2016

Yes, the rest of eternity. Kanojo would for sure give you her "this is the last time I'll ever acknowledge your existence" face. Rest in peace, all those that have experienced it. Big surprise, most redheads don't like it when their hair color is perpetually used a conversation starter about various stereotypes.

I totally understand I give eternal resting bitch face when someone approaches me on "your accent sexy." Or "oh you Latina? You spicy in the sheets?" Tf.
Stereotypes are just messed up I totally get it, and will be more conscious about that moving forward.

iPhones have Spanglish? What? lol

Auto correct begins to predict words you often use.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

I totally understand I give eternal resting bitch face when someone approaches me on "your accent sexy." Or "oh you Latina? You spicy in the sheets?" Tf.
Stereotypes are just messed up I totally get it, and will be more conscious about that moving forward.

Yeah it's okay, I was just pointing it out. And yeah bedroom assumptions are always the weirdest ones to me. Since when is it okay to just up and ask someone what they're like in the sack? The stories from my Asian friends who have online dated are horrendous...

Auto correct begins to predict words you often use.

Oh, got ya lol

last edited at May 16, 2016 7:20PM

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

/crawls in on last legs and collapses/
Kill me. Just do it. I'm begging you. Dx

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

/Kills Lin /

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Oh hi.. everyone..

/Kills Lin /

/Burrying Lin../

Nezchan

Why, thank you very much.

I just like it.. xD
Btw, i noticed a missing verb. Just a bit uncomfortable while reading the paragraph...

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

/Kills Lin /

/Burrying Lin../

Ah. Finally, some peace. Thanks guys. ^_^

How can you guys all read Nez's story and I can't? Dx Every time I try to click the link, a new window opens and it says "Database not available."

last edited at May 17, 2016 12:06PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

SoftLikeSteel

How can you guys all read Nez's story and I can't? Dx Every time I try to click the link, a new window opens and it says "Database not available."

The site was having a bit of trouble yesterday. Not seeing any trouble today, just keep trying to refresh.

Rainy365

Btw, i noticed a missing verb. Just a bit uncomfortable while reading the paragraph...

Which paragraph? There's a bunch of them. =)

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

SoftLikeSteel

The site was having a bit of trouble yesterday. Not seeing any trouble today, just keep trying to refresh.

I just did and it showed up, though slowly. xD Sorry, I had to stop reading once I read the name "Claire" though. I have a bit of an issue with that name, as it triggers some extremely bad memories I have never really gotten over. /bows/ Gomen.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I just did and it showed up, though slowly. xD Sorry, I had to stop reading once I read the name "Claire" though. I have a bit of an issue with that name, as it triggers some extremely bad memories I have never really gotten over. /bows/ Gomen.

Oh, sorry to hear that. You gotta do what's best for your well being, so no trouble.

I don't have a character named that over my next several stories, or any of the others already on the site, though.

last edited at May 17, 2016 12:48PM

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

@Nez:

I just read "Purgatory has too nice a view", actually. ^_^ Pretty sweet, I must say! I enjoyed it. The Flash Fic concept seems intriguing. Is that a thing among writers?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

@Nez:

I just read "Purgatory has too nice a view", actually. ^_^ Pretty sweet, I must say! I enjoyed it. The Flash Fic concept seems intriguing. Is that a thing among writers?

Yeah, it's a pretty big thing. 1500 words is actually on the longer side for flash fiction.

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

@Nez:

Yeah, it's a pretty big thing. 1500 words is actually on the longer side for flash fiction.

The word "flash fiction" actually reminds me of a fiction about exhibitionism Su once showed me. An estimated 1000 words of utter WTF have never felt this long to me. xD

Aside from that, I just stumbled upon this sentence in the "About Me" section on your site.

and I used to run the Transgender community on LiveJournal if anyone remembers that.

So if I deduced that correctly, you're a transgender person? If so, would I be allowed to ask you a few short questions? I'm currently trying to gather a bit of input for a term paper I'm writing and would appreciate it. :-)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So if I deduced that correctly, you're a transgender person? If so, would I be allowed to ask you a few short questions? I'm currently trying to gather a bit of input for a term paper I'm writing and would appreciate it. :-)

It all depends on the specific questions. But I haven't really hidden my status here, it just doesn't come up all that often.

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

It all depends on the specific questions. But I haven't really hidden my status here, it just doesn't come up all that often.

It won't be anything too personal. I'm writing a term paper on the role of individual identity and sense of self in applied humanistic psychotherapy methods. As for that, I would simply ask you some small questions about how important identity is to you and how strongly you feel about it. (By the way, I chose to ask you, because people with a strong sense of self, who actually actively identify as something, usually have different opinions from those, who consider themselves "normal." I need a few opinions from both sides, so that's why.)

For instance, one question I'd have would be this: How important is it for you to openly identify yourself and find acceptance of whom you are? Or in other words: Is people seeing you in a similar way you see yourself important to you or rather not? (Eg: Imagine you telling someone you're transgender, but that person, for whatever reason, refuses to see you as such. Would that bother you?)

last edited at May 17, 2016 3:22PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

For instance, one question I'd have would be this: How important is it for you to openly identify yourself and find acceptance of whom you are? Or in other words: Is people seeing you in a similar way you see yourself important to you or rather not? (Eg: Imagine you telling someone you're transgender, but that person, for whatever reason, refuses to see you as such. Would that bother you?)

As to feeling yourself "normal", I do consider myself normal. Being trans is definitely within normal human variation, it's the artificial tightening of that definition which is part of the problem.

As to someone denying my identity bothering me, that's a pretty easy one to answer. Of course it would bother me. We're social animals, and I'm a social person. The idea that people would (and do) deny who I am is hurtful and highly rude, particularly in the context of modern society where identity gets attacked a lot.

I think "telling someone [I'm] transgender" would be more appropriately "telling someone I'm female". That's the sort of identification that people seem to object to, rather than objecting to being trans which is harder to deny. The real opposition in society is that being trans actually validly results in you being how you identify.

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

As to feeling yourself "normal", I do consider myself normal. Being trans is definitely within normal human variation, it's the artificial tightening of that definition which is part of the problem.

That is why I put "normal" in quotation marks. ;-) In humanistic psychology, especially in humanistic psychotherapy, "normal" is definied merely as "being a human." Anything beyond that are fleeting concepts, which are constant subject to change and slave to individual perception (which you've just proven, by the way. xD) In other words: what most people tend to define as "normal" doesn't exist in our terms. I just used the word to make my point clear. ^_^ But that wasn't part of the question.

As to someone denying my identity bothering me, that's a pretty easy one to answer. Of course it would bother me. We're social animals, and I'm a social person. The idea that people would (and do) deny who I am is hurtful and highly rude, particularly in the context of modern society where identity gets attacked a lot.

I think "telling someone [I'm] transgender" would be more appropriately "telling someone I'm female". That's the sort of identification that people seem to object to, rather than objecting to being trans which is harder to deny. The real opposition in society is that being trans actually validly results in you being how you identify.

You have just answered the other 2 questions I would have had without me even asking them. xD Well, in that case, that's it already. Thank you. :-)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What can I say, I'm efficient.

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

What can I say, I'm efficient.

/sighs/ If only more people were. >_<

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Yooo everyone... Good evening...
Are u doing fine?

Nezchan

Which paragraph? There's a bunch of them. =)

This paragraph part:
My dinner companions were very different women, but there were times when their similarities were striking. They both loved me of course, and I __ them, but there were more subtle things.

To reply you must either login or sign up.