Forum › MyAnimeList

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I have no idea if this has been brought up once already but I was wondering if anyone here uses MAL?

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Ahah, I remember My Anime List from like, maaany years ago. I never used it myself, however, since I personally find it easy to remember what I've seen and how I liked it.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I have one!
Been some years since i made it though and haven't kept it updated 'cause i really didn't have anyone to share it with and what-not, but hey i guess i can share my shit taste now
I guess i should update it just to give Area 88 an 10

last edited at May 12, 2016 7:29PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

@Kyonne

Macross Frontier 1/10, harsh!

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I have one!
Been some years since i made it though and haven't kept it updated 'cause i really didn't have anyone to share it with and what-not, but hey i guess i can share my shit taste now
I guess i should update it just to give Area 88 an 10

Nice, I'll add you if you don't mind. I always find it interesting to see what others rate their stuff.

edit: Here's mine btw

last edited at May 12, 2016 7:38PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

@Kyonne

Macross Frontier 1/10, harsh!

I blame it all on that one episode where Ranka stops a blood thisty war between giants and change them into jumping fangirls with the power of pop music

Kampfer 1/10
Oh fuck yes! I don't even care about the 2/10 FLCL got, i want to have a beer with you while we hate on Kampfer together!

last edited at May 12, 2016 7:52PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

I... kinda liked Kämpfer... At least gender bend romance is better than het romance... .__.

Also, Macross is all based around turning aggressive aliens into fangirls! ;D
Yeah it's stupid but look, on the other hand... transforming mecha jets! Hmm~?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

on the other hand... transforming mecha jets! Hmm~?

Well yeah i'm all in for any kind of jets, not ranked there but i liked Macross Zero a lot, kinda liked Plus too, hella weird though
As for the stupidity... Well... Let's just say that even something stupid can be pretty much the best thing ever

joined Jan 11, 2015

As for the stupidity... Well... Let's just say that even something stupid can be pretty much the best thing ever

That sounds like the tagline for Gokujo

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I have one here. I tend to only ever really use it for anime though. I have a habit of always forgetting to update it when it comes to mangas I read, lol.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I use it since I can't remember everything I watched. I try only to keep things I liked and are worth remembering/re-watching though. I sometimes forgot to update mangas as well and in general there is a bit of mess there, but it should be more or less up to date.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

I have one. Same username

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Kampfer 1/10
Oh fuck yes! I don't even care about the 2/10 FLCL got, i want to have a beer with you while we hate on Kampfer together!

Deal, Kämpfer is probably one of my most hated series, we'd have a lot to discuss.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I use it since I can't remember everything I watched. I try only to keep things I liked and are worth remembering/re-watching though. I sometimes forgot to update mangas as well and in general there is a bit of mess there, but it should be more or less up to date.

Nice, added you, hope you don't mind.

I have one. Same username

Added you. Congratulations on your engagement?

I have one here. I tend to only ever really use it for anime though. I have a habit of always forgetting to update it when it comes to mangas I read, lol.

I'm the same tbh, I usually don't bother adding one shots or volumes with one shot stories, it's a pain since there is just too much.

And it's probably the first time I see someone with a character as strange as Lord Yupa in their faves.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

melevas posted:

And it's probably the first time I see someone with a character as strange as Lord Yupa in their faves.

How could anybody not like Lord Yupa? He's a pretty interesting character and to top it off he's voiced by Patrick Stewart who has one of the most distinctive and awesome voices ever.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

melevas posted:

How could anybody not like Lord Yupa? He's a pretty interesting character and to top it off he's voiced by Patrick Stewart who has one of the most distinctive and awesome voices ever.

I avoid English voices where I can, but you can't deny Lord Yupa is 31 flavours of badass, and hasn't lost his humanity in achieving that.

joined Jan 11, 2015

I avoid English voices where I can, but you can't deny Lord Yupa is 31 flavours of badass, and hasn't lost his humanity in achieving that.

True nerds watch with Japanese voices and no subtitles! It doesn't matter if you understand Japanese or not!

Nah but seriously, I think watching dubbed/subtitled is mostly a matter of what you're used to. Most people I know whose first language is not one of the "big" languages, prefer watching the original version with subtitles, because that's what they grew up with. Myself included.

last edited at May 13, 2016 12:53PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

True nerds watch with Japanese voices and no subtitles! It doesn't matter if you understand Japanese or not!

Nah but seriously, I think watching dubbed/subtitled is mostly a matter of what you're used to. Most people I know whose first language is not one of the "big" languages, prefer watching the original version with subtitles, because that's what they grew up with. Myself included.

I'm an oldschool fan, I was watching anime without subtitles years before the first subbing groups (except for US Renditions) really got started. I used to have dozens of VHS tapes with unsubbed anime. Lemme tell you, subbed is a LOT better!

Plus honestly, a lot of dubs aren't so hot. Although the original non-Disney dub of Totoro was pretty good, I'll admit.

last edited at May 13, 2016 12:55PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

So you're saying that Bible Black english dub is not the best thing ever?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So you're saying that Bible Black english dub is not the best thing ever?

It'll never reach the lofty heights of Ghost Stories.

But seriously, this mess was the first original-language anime I watched, no sub or dub. It's well-known for not making a lot of sense even if you do know what they're saying.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

melevas posted:

Nice, added you, hope you don't mind.

No problem ;3

To reply you must either login or sign up.