Forum › Citrus discussion

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Did anyone else notice that Nina look like Chitoge from Nisekoi?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I dropped Citrus long time ago (day 1 reader) and I came back once I knew it's heavily hinted that Harumin x Yuzu is gonna happen in the recent chapters.

It is?

last edited at Mar 31, 2016 9:57PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Did anyone else notice that Nina look like Chitoge from Nisekoi?

Not really but I could understand the resemblance due to the long hair and ribbon.

I dropped Citrus long time ago (day 1 reader) and I came back once I knew it's heavily hinted that Harumin x Yuzu is gonna happen in the recent chapters.

It is?

Quite frankly, it's not happening anytime soon.

Harumin and Yuzu are in a fight right now due to Harumin's sister and Yuzu is dating Mei since Chapter 16.

last edited at Mar 31, 2016 10:35PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

It is?

Quite frankly, it's not happening anytime soon.

Harumin and Yuzu are in a fight right now due to Harumin's sister and Yuzu is dating Mei since Chapter 16.

yeah i know, i wasn't being sarcastic enough damnit
"Heavily hinted"
Sike

joined Aug 10, 2015

Hello there!

I wrote a treatise on Citrus
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/02/17/citrus/

It's a bit long.

I call it a review in the article itself but it really is much more like a treatise. I basically try to thoroughly explain what I believe the deal is with Citrus.

I hope you'll read/enjoy it.

Also, there's too much Yuzu/Harumin here for my liking! Can't friends be friends more often? No no, Yuzu/Harumin is no good!

I don't know if you'll be able to read this, but as a hardcore citrus fan, I loved your review. Although you said you hated it, you did show many of its good quality points but still stuck to your opinion. It's kinda rare to find reviewers who don't just rant about one thing xD so I'll be looking forward to more reviews!

Thank you! :D

Ah, but I don't HATE it though. I actually like it quite a bit, though I think it has a great number of flaws. I enjoy it immensely.

You review is quite good (i don't really agree on some part but it's mostly because of my own preference)

however i got a question about : "It also has a habit of turning “enemies” into friends, so if there’s a character you begin to despise, you may end up appreciating them later"
And what if the character i despise is Mei ? (i stopped around chap 14)

last edited at Apr 1, 2016 11:31AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

She turns into a "friend" in chapter 16.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Yeah as lenne says

She turns into a "friend" in chapter 16.

She stops causing trouble and is more amusing than anything else.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

http://imgur.com/a/khM8k

Kind of dumb but is fun

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Did the artist broke the manga up....

I'm all caught up with Citrus, but I would like something clarified as I'm truly curious about it. Why so much hate directed at Mei? I like Yuzu and Mei (admittedly Mei much more), but Yuzu herself hasn't always done right by Mei either, even really hurting Mei at times.

I also really like Harumi, but I don't see Yuzu x Harumi happening. Other than Matsuri making fun of Harumi, when was it ever implied that Harumi might have romantic feelings for Yuzu? She even calmly denies it when she's already annoyed by, and yelling at, Matsuri. I see them simply as incredibly good friends with a lot in common and care for one another.

last edited at May 9, 2016 4:28PM by

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

It is?

I'd be so on board with that. Seeing Mei and Yuzu together is getting exhausting.

joined Dec 4, 2015

Not at all, the 5th volume is coming up in 8 days. With an announcement, it seems.

last edited at May 9, 2016 7:22PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Not at all, the 5th volume is coming up in 8 days. With an announcement, it seems.

An announcement? :O

GemmaTheFucker
Jo
joined Mar 20, 2014

There is already the 20 chapter translated but not in here...strange

joined Dec 4, 2015

An announcement? :O

I don't know, could be just a bunch of bonuses coming with the volume. We'll see in a few days.

There is already the 20 chapter translated but not in here...strange

Yuri Project has the raws but lacks staff. The recents chapters have been translated from Chinese scans.

last edited at May 10, 2016 9:43AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Yuri Project has the raws but lacks staff. The recents chapters have been translated from Chinese scans.

And they're meh ish not very well edited/translated/worded strangely
I kinda just skim them to get an overall understanding of what's going on rather than read them seriously

last edited at May 10, 2016 12:36PM

joined Dec 4, 2015

Lots of bonuses with the 5th volume.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Pics of Chapter 21 are hitting tumblr and two things

-is short

• it seems Yuzu finally asks Mei in a date

I'm just laughing my ass off at how fast Saburota goes from being the devil incarnate to one a master storyteller just by pandering to the fanbase.

last edited at May 18, 2016 12:56AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm just laughing my ass off at how fast Saburota goes from being the devil incarnate to one a master storyteller just by pandering to the fanbase.

It might be because I don't really remember the 'plot' anymore but what do you mean?

joined Dec 4, 2015

Citrus is doing great in Japan, it's #1 in the Josei and YA categories on Amazon and #9 in the general manga rankings.

Also, there's a new PV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDEcrOpo27g

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It might be because I don't really remember the 'plot' anymore but what do you mean?

I'm going mostly with Tumblr's reactions and well, it is tumblr. But people endlessly bitched about the way Saburota was steering the plot because for them, there was just drama for drama's sake when it was clear that she had the whole thing plotted already and the most recent chapter is just the payoff to all of that setup. But since some people is used to instant gratification they missed all of that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Vol 5 extras are pure gold. Obviously I don't understand japanese but the're pretty easy to follow:

-Yuzu finally goes full yurifag and now she gets the VN (eroge?) of that lesbian incest manga she likes. She tries to play it while everyone else is asleep, is busted by Mei. Again.
-She tries to make Mei laugh, imitating VicePres doesn't work, making funny faces doesn't work. She finally assaults Mei in their bed and starts tickling her, before realizing she's groping her. Cue Mei beating her in response
-Yuzu's fangirl is spying on Yuzu and Harumi while they have lunch, Matsuri shows up and starts insinuating Harumi and Yuzu are more than friends. Fangirl has a freakout after seeing them with her yuri googles on.

The last one is about Harumi's sister being in the Student Council Room and interacting with the glasses girl there, nothing really happens.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

-Yuzu's fangirl is spying on Yuzu and Harumi while they have lunch, Matsuri shows up and starts insinuating Harumi and Yuzu are more than friends. Fangirl has a freakout after seeing them with her yuri googles on.

Leave it to Matsuri to cause mayhem in Yuzu and Harumin's lives.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm going mostly with Tumblr's reactions and well, it is tumblr. But people endlessly bitched about the way Saburota was steering the plot because for them, there was just drama for drama's sake when it was clear that she had the whole thing plotted already and the most recent chapter is just the payoff to all of that setup. But since some people is used to instant gratification they missed all of that.

Last chapter was pure romcom, which I kinda liked, it's a nice change of pace. I kinda wanted to see more of their relationship and them just chilling

Vol 5 extras are pure gold.

Bruh yes

last edited at May 18, 2016 3:04PM

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

These omake pages are gold.

Well, she did say pretty early on that this would be a story about the love between the two, so she WAS always setting it up.

Nice to see the payoff.

last edited at May 18, 2016 9:25PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.