Forum › Next To You discussion

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Well, that was interesting.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Not wanting to quote Pulp Fiction, but you know you've found true love when you can completely shut up and the silence wouldn't be uncomfortable

Also, i lied, i totally wanted to quote Pulp Fiction

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

well... huh ok then

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

yeah I have to agree with Kyonne, you have found someone you can be yourself around and love if you have a comfortable silence every once in a while <3

joined Sep 15, 2013

I hadn't read this before, but its really surprising how close to home this hits me :o
Like browsing through mangas on my days off and BAM! something so similar and then the nostalgia, really makes me love this website even more
So thank you very much to the person who uploaded this work, you made my day :D

last edited at Apr 14, 2015 7:24PM

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

that was a bit..... sudden? I mean... it's a one shot, but still.

Truluv
joined Apr 18, 2016

that was a bit..... sudden? I mean... it's a one shot, but still.

Yeah. That escalated quickly. x)

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Its soooooooooooooooooo weird not to have what to talk about with each other ._.
Cmon tell her about those frigging basketball kicks! What the heck? Is your life that dull you have nothing to share with your mate? Are you not reading? Not experiencing anything everyday? I'm on the phone like 10 times a day and messaging my gf if anything interesting comes up. And its not like we cant shut up and just lay beside each other comfortably. We just HAVE TONS of things to talk about. Hope that wont change

joined Nov 27, 2017

Its soooooooooooooooooo weird not to have what to talk about with each other ._.
Cmon tell her about those frigging basketball kicks! What the heck? Is your life that dull you have nothing to share with your mate? Are you not reading? Not experiencing anything everyday? I'm on the phone like 10 times a day and messaging my gf if anything interesting comes up. And its not like we cant shut up and just lay beside each other comfortably. We just HAVE TONS of things to talk about. Hope that wont change

Shrug

The longer I lived with my girlfriend, the more pleasant silence became. We'd sit down to eat at a restaurant and share a half dozen small exchanges over the meal and be comfortable. We didn't feel the need to fill the air out of boredom or anxiety.

As an earlier poster paraphrased, there's a delightfully quiet scene of Pulp Fiction where Ulma Thurman's character expresses exactly the stance I have: The moment when you know a relationship has settled into a place that'll last is the moment two people, "Can shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably share silence."

This is a nice little narrative around that.

joined Feb 24, 2019

I like this story quite a bit. Also, maybe talk to each other a bit more about your everyday lives since you can't be there to experience things together.

To reply you must either login or sign up.