Forum › Kindred Spirits Help

-vmfsod
joined Feb 28, 2016

Help, I don't know who else to ask! For those who bought Kindred Spirits on the Roof thru Steam, are you having problems with the game freezing or is it just me/my laptop? I checked the system requirements and I think my laptop passes. I can play the game but after a while the text will start to slowly appear then the game just freezes. I want to enjoy it continuously but instead I have to save my progress a lot 'cause I don't know when the next freeze attack will happen. Can you guys help? Thanks

last edited at Mar 17, 2016 5:59AM

joined Jan 18, 2016

i have no problem with it so far, but quick google show this result. Try it
http://gameslopedy.com/tag/kindred-spirits-on-the-roof-game-freezing-problems/

Or try to play it in windowed mode. I had an exact problem with the first SonoHana games a long time ago, and playing it on windowed mode fixed it, idk why.

If all of those option failed, try to update your driver and what-not. Otherwise, ask for an assistance from Mangagamer..

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I feel bad for those with text/speed/freezing problems, I haven;t had that at all :/

-vmfsod
joined Feb 28, 2016

i have no problem with it so far, but quick google show this result. Try it
http://gameslopedy.com/tag/kindred-spirits-on-the-roof-game-freezing-problems/

Or try to play it in windowed mode. I had an exact problem with the first SonoHana games a long time ago, and playing it on windowed mode fixed it, idk why.

If all of those option failed, try to update your driver and what-not. Otherwise, ask for an assistance from Mangagamer..

Thanks for this! I tried it, no freezing problems so far! I hope it continues. Thank you very much!

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I've finally gotten around to playing Kindred Spirits and ran into the freezing problem on the second day.

A three-hour session on the first day was fine, but now the game starts to slow down considerably (probably frame rate stuff) and runs at snail pace after precisely 15 minutes of running. None of the above fixes have worked and the developer seems clueless on the steam forums too.

I'd be really grateful if anybody has an idea. The game itself is great and the romance character-driven, but having to restart the game four times an hour is a big inconvenience.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

The game isn't freezing for me so it's strange. Have you thought of re-downloading the game?

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I'll try that, thank you. Somehow that never occurred to me.

If that doesn't help I'll try another installing it on another notebook.

e:
I've verified the game files and just noticed that I've played a good 30 minutes without a slow-down. I hope I'm not jinxing it right now. >_<

Supplemental: I did manage to play for a couple of hours but when it stopped to make dinner and returned, the game had slowed down again. Verifying doesn't help so I've got no idea why it was running fine for some time.

last edited at Oct 19, 2016 6:39PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I tried running it on another laptop and get a similar slow down, but this time around the game completely freezes after 15 minutes and only tabbing out and back in makes the next text appear.

This is really strange. I'm even in a different country using a different isp. The only thing that's the same is my steam account. How frequent is this bug? Welp, I'm going to have to bear with it. No way I'm not playing that game.

To reply you must either login or sign up.