Forum › Present discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This. THIS.

Watch yourself, it's practically toxic.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was cute but obvious :) I didnt get the last pannel though- beyond being odd, was there some joke i missed in miyafuji's present?

last edited at Sep 23, 2013 7:54PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I haven't read/watched the series, but are these two always this cute? They seem to inspire a lot of really sweet stories.

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

This. THIS.

Watch yourself, it's practically toxic.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT HNNNNNGGG

joined Aug 6, 2013

ITS KILLING ME
ITS TOO CUTE
。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

I was moe-bombed.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Another Strike Witches doujin? Eila/Sanya too?! Take all of my yes please.

Brilliant artwork, cute storyline, fun humor--what more could I ask for?

I haven't read/watched the series, but are these two always this cute? They seem to inspire a lot of really sweet stories.

Definitely. Eila gets innocently jealous over anyone else interacting with her beloved Sanya...though she explains this with "Thinking of Sanya sort of... makes my heart ache. I wonder why?"

I'm telling you, they're practically borderline canon.

Tomoko_kuroki__by_djvm4god-d53x3z6
joined Nov 9, 2012

this was just light hearted and sweet ^_^ lol at the ending too. what is that?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Fair enough then, if I wanna get into Strike Witches, what's the best place to start?

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

That was cute but obvious :) I didnt get the last pannel though- beyond being odd, was there some joke i missed in miyafuji's present?

I think the joke is Eila's just really bad at giving gifts.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Fair enough then, if I wanna get into Strike Witches, what's the best place to start?

I'd recommend starting from the beginning. Since SW is a plot-driven story, you probably wouldn't understand some of what was happening if you just jumped right into it. There are a few breaks in the anime where it uses an episode for comedic purposes to flesh out characters, but that's about it. Not so sure about the manga.

Psst, episode 6 in both season 1 and 2 ended up being up there in my favorites. Also episode 7 in S2.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I can't tell where the beginning is. One of the manga series (apparently there are six of them, so which one)? The anime? The light novels? I expect probably not the audio version or the movie, but there are a lot of series out there.

last edited at Sep 25, 2013 6:22PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Strike Witches season 1 ought to do, if you're okay with anime. While I've never touched the light novels, I have seen the first season and feel like that's enough to understand a lot of what's going on elsewhere. At least speaking in terms of the various incarnations of manga and the bevy of doujinshi there are, I guess.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Yes, the anime was fine in conveying the basics of the plot. Season 1 had a slow start (and got better as the story unfolded), but it has credit for picking up the tempo in S2 from the get-go.

Tumblr_mom2rcrmt01r040i0o1_500
joined Mar 9, 2013

aww~ this is just too cute! I would also like to have a Eila present. hehe.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yes, the anime was fine in conveying the basics of the plot. Season 1 had a slow start (and got better as the story unfolded), but it has credit for picking up the tempo in S2 from the get-go.

Watched the first two eps so far (no Eila or Sanya yet, sadly) and it's not bad thus far for a series largely about panty shots and WW II aircraft. Enough to keep me going on the series, at least.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

^____________^

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Watched the first two eps so far (no Eila or Sanya yet, sadly) and it's not bad thus far for a series largely about panty shots and WW II aircraft. Enough to keep me going on the series, at least.

Really? Glad to hear that.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Really? Glad to hear that.

Oh, I should say I did finish the first season, quite a lot of fun. Yoshika is lesbian as hell and needs at least three lovers, Eila x Sanya is amazing, and I totally can't see Perrine as anything but hero-worshipping Sakamoto, who I think would be great in a relationship with Minna. Still need to get 'round to watching S2.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

SO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!

joined Jul 14, 2016

So cute!!
XD Miyafuji's present...

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Wow unexpectedly good.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Awwwwwww so cute!

To reply you must either login or sign up.