Forum › IRC Question

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Is the Dynasty-Scans channel still running?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

It is. Are you having trouble accessing it from the web client?

last edited at Dec 11, 2015 1:18PM

joined Sep 6, 2015

All right. I would need a slight explanation, then. I am a regular on the channel, and I can not recall ever getting into an argument with anyone. The worst I ever did was slightly annoy Parn with some of my political views, and Nez on occasion with "Canada is a frozen wasteland". Also, yesterday I had several enjoyable conversations, not a hint of anything bad. Afterwards, I went to bed, then to work, and then I checked the channel, only to find it disconnected in the meantime. Only, when I tried to reconnect, I found myself unable to do so, because, apparently, I have been banned. You can understand my bafflement. In any case, being inept with this technical stuff, I tried to alter my nickname, I tried to connect from my mobile phone, but without any success. I assume there was an incursion by that spammer again, and I was probably banned by mistake during the clean-up afterwards. That is the only explanation that makes sense to me. In any case, if someone could please explain to me the current situation, I would appreciate it.

last edited at Dec 11, 2015 1:42PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Troid says give it another shot.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I went there a few times.

It's full of bots.

Or of people not on the same timezone than me.

joined Sep 6, 2015

Huh. It is rather lively, actually. There are quite a few Europeans, myself included, some Australians and Asians, and the people from the Americas, so you will find some of them there at any given time. Fun place~

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, not sure what you're talking about wrt bots. There are times when there's not much going on, but there are almost always real people around.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Except me of course. I'm totally a bot.

joined Sep 6, 2015

Nezbot.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

so you're void of human emotions, only do what you're programmed to do, and are rather stiff and/or clunky? huh, who'da thunk it.

i have one more question. so were you programmed with an easy-to-use interface or does any interaction with you require lots of technical support?

btw, j/k.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

so you're void of human emotions, only do what you're programmed to do, and are rather stiff and/or clunky? huh, who'da thunk it.

I should think that was obvious.

To reply you must either login or sign up.