Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

the special screening of the first two episodes is tomorrow. With any luck we'll get some impressions soon

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

So she rips her own shirt to expose her breasts and then the other girl's too, to start kissing. I suppose they are really going for that sexual element of "girl turns into sword when aroused".

Well...Takaki himself said the reason Valkyrie Drive exists is because he wanted a reason for girls stimulate other girls sexually...so yeah, it's probably that.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

he wanted a reason for girls stimulate other girls sexually

Do you need a reason?

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Do you need a reason?

If you're making an action series...yes.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Do you need a reason?

I fail to see why girls can't stimulate each other without it.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Do you need a reason?

I fail to see why girls can't stimulate each other without it.

Well...I'm thinking more about the game now. But if they want to put scenes like that in the action, the gameplay, it would be pretty hard not having a reason to...
But even with anime, action series will focus on fightning, so the yuri scenes would be pretty limited without a reason to do it. It would be exclusive to the scenes outside fighting. It's easy to make fanservice in fighting with clothes being destroyed or girls touching another in parts...but if you want kissing, it's kinda harder.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Have a look at the 1/7 scale figures of Mirei and Mamori

You can get them separately or in a set. I'm getting Mirei's since is the closest thing to a Senran Kagura'sDaidouji figure :(

Dengekiya also has an exclusive bonus for the set. A mini shikishi (whatever the hell is that) made by Mermaid's character designer Hiraku Kaneko and signed by both Mirei and Mamori's VAs

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

'Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid-' Japanese Blu-ray and DVD product listings have started going up on the net!
They confirm that the series will be 12 episodes total, released in Japan over 6 volumes, each containing one OVA short (totaling 6). The products also come with stuff like CD's, booklets, audio commentaries, and serial codes for goodies in the 'Valkyrie Drive -Siren-" mobile game.
Dates:
Vol.1: 12/18/15
Vol.2: 01/27/16
Vol.3: 02/24/16
Vol.4: 03/23/16
Vol.5: 04/27/16
Vol.6: 05/25/16

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

They really going full-on with this project.

Know how it is being received over in japan?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Who knows. The only mean I have is looking at the series' official twitter and they're pretty damn optimistic. The first two episodes were screened yesterday at a theather but I haven't found any impressions about it.

In any case, we're at just two weeks for the premiere. So here's hoping it does well.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid TV spot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Hxr7yjHJQ

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

has there been any info on what the anime is about?
aside of the setting and gimmicks?

like... plot-wise, what exactly is the purpose of all this?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well, we know that a mysterious disease is the reason girls can turn into weapons and that everyone affected has been isolated on five different man made islands. Bhikhuni (the one where the Vita game happens) is the only one where they teach the girls to harness the power brought by the disease.

The anime is focused on Mirei and her past. She's suddenly transferred to the Mermaid island and she ends teaming up with Mamori to fend off some attackers. From that we only have the stuff present on the characters' profiles. Like Mermaid being governed by a "man" or Lady J and her partner being foreigners on the island and investigating something.

Also, the uncensored version of Mermaid is pretty much hentai.

http://imgur.com/ssRC1pl

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

ofc... suppose thats gonna be for DVDs? If so, I hope that the airing versions won't have obnoxious LIGHT BEAMS censoring.

joined Mar 25, 2013

ofc... suppose thats gonna be for DVDs? If so, I hope that the airing versions won't have obnoxious LIGHT BEAMS censoring.

It all depends on which network it will be, there have been instances where it has been aired relatively uncensored. AT-X is one channel, it's been a long time since I've watched ecchi or borderline hentai anime.

There is a chance it will be uncensored, but as I said it depends largely what channel picks it up. The bigger percent though is that it will be censored.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

From ANN

Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- television anime series will premiere on October 10 at 11:30 p.m. on AT-X. The show will then premiere on Tokyo MX, Sun TV, KBS Kyoto, and TV Aichi on October 12, and then on BS11 on October 17.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Ah, thats good news then!

joined Mar 25, 2013

Tokyo MX I think was the other channel that aired uncensored. Now it all depends on whether the sub group(s) will choose to use the those ones.

joined Mar 25, 2013

OH MY GOD

There aren't pulling any stops here

I'm sorry but those breasts are simply too large.. They shouldn't even exist xD

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

OH MY GOD

My back hurts just looking at them......and I don't have any ;p

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

OH MY GOD

You can't fault them for lack of variety at least :p

And that purple haired lady? she's supposed to have a 116 cm bust, so yeah.

joined Mar 25, 2013

OH MY GOD

I'd prefer a variety of normal sized ones instead of ones that require surgery to reduce :P

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 5:40PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

OH MY GOD

I'd prefer a variety of normal sized ones instead of ones that require surgery to reduce :P

She has a REALLY strong back...

They probably had a blast animating those bouncing around xd

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

OH MY GOD

When the ones who are supposed to look cute and loli have what would be C-cups in North America, you've lost sight of scale.

Personally, the purple-haired one's tits don't even look like tits any more, and the second from the left ends up looking a bit emaciated as a result.

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 6:20PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.